Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    ....or maybe, just maybe, that phrase wasn't to be taken literally as you're doing.

As in "size matters but the Force can still do it". As in "train and get stronger and size will no longer matter".
    "NO! Try not! Do or do not. There is no try."

It's clear that Yoda is not telling Luke to try and try again to get better, i.e. training. He really does say "Do it now or don't even try."

Luke tries and fails and tells Yoda: "You want the impossible."

And then when he sees the X-Wing floating by him, Luke says: "I can't believe it!" And Yoda replies: "That is why you fail."

Not "You are not training hard enough." But: "You fail because you don't believe you can do it."
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

yeah...cheap, spectacle indeed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post

It's clear that Yoda is not telling Luke to try and try again to get better, i.e. training. He really does say "Do it now or don't even try."

And then when he sees the X-Wing floating by him, Luke says: "I can't believe it!" And Yoda replies: "That is why you fail."

Not "You are not training hard enough." But: "You fail because you don't believe you can do it."
    Gotta say that this was one of the more profound moments that audiences ate up. (generally speaking)

It fired up the imagination on all levels to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well, that had to be rather awkward https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/27/john...y-was-his.html
    That combined with the mediocre box office on his big "hit" pacific uprising and general reports hes a diva on set. That guy can kiss his career goodbye
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    That combined with the mediocre box office on his big "hit" pacific uprising and general reports hes a diva on set. That guy can kiss his career goodbye
    I'm starting to think the entire leak might be a very intricate hoax by Disney. Write up a sophisticated leak that lines up with select scenes that will be shown in trailers, have an auction for a 'leaked' script on eBay...

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I'm starting to think the entire leak might be a very intricate hoax by Disney. Write up a sophisticated leak that lines up with select scenes that will be shown in trailers, have an auction for a 'leaked' script on eBay...
    I love a good conspiracy but I dunno about that.

Thats a bit off brand for Disney.

They dont really need to risk doing dodgy shit when they already have the resources to dwarf any other studios marketing.

I love a good conspiracy but I dunno about that.

Thats a bit off brand for Disney.

They dont really need to risk doing dodgy shit when they already have the resources to dwarf any other studios marketing.
    I agree that it is off-brand, but why not try something new?

This would createtre interest with almost no effort whatsoever. A team of five could easily do this entire thing on a weekend.

But I'm just tossing ideas around.

I agree that it is off-brand, but why not try something new?

This would createtre interest with almost no effort whatsoever. A team of five could easily do this entire thing on a weekend.

But I'm just tossing ideas around.
    The mouse gang just use lawyers to do their dirty work. And they wouldnt leak one of their scripts for free, they love money too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I guess Luke is a Mary Sue too, remember that time he outflew everyone in the rebellion and blew up the death star in that day or two after he was working on a farm for a living with zero combat skills? Then got fanfare and ceremony dedicated to him? All with zero effort.
    You've clearly never lived a rural life before. Thats one of the most believable parts of the film especially when he's even more isolated than most people and the only woman he could jack it to is his aunt so its completely realistic that he would be bulls-eyeing womp rats for fun/boredom/stress release when there is nothing else to do.

The mouse gang just use lawyers to do their dirty work. And they wouldnt leak one of their scripts for free, they love money too much.
    No, you misunderstand what I mean.

They male up a false script and leak it. This false script is written in a way so that it lines up with the scenes that will be shown in the trailers that will be released. Then they put a fake script on eBay. All of this creates tremendous interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You can’t shift the argument from “you get stronger in the force” to “you get wiser and that’s what real strength is” these two are not the same thing there is a hard cap on any ones strength in the force but no cap on how you use it or how wise you are in battle.
    I never said anything about being "wise" so not sure why you're accusing me of shifting any argument.

Again, being powerful in the Force isn't a set cap you get at birth and that nothing can move. You get stronger through hard work, training, learning and understanding how to use the Force. Some are more gifted than others and thuse have an easier road with it but that's not the ultimate defining factor.

It was clearly shown when both Obi Wan and Anakin used Force Push against each other in their duel: going by your logic Anakin should've won.

Besides, I remember a certain Sith Lord confirming it with a certain iconic phrase "Darth Vader will become more powerful then either of us".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post

Yes dude, it's the usual "if you try thinking of failing you're gonna fail, so drop the thought and just do it" encouragement speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

No, you misunderstand what I mean.

They male up a false script and leak it. This false script is written in a way so that it lines up with the scenes that will be shown in the trailers that will be released. Then they put a fake script on eBay. All of this creates tremendous interest.
    "Look how dogshit out script is, lol j/k please come see the movie on opening weekend" doesn't look like a great marketing move for an established series that is on a disappointing run of movies.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Yes dude, it's the usual "if you try thinking of failing you're gonna fail, so drop the thought and just do it" encouragement speech.
    Disagree hard on that.

It's the same emphasis that Rahm Kota used when telling Galen Marek that size didn't matter...and he can indeed bring down a crippled star destroyer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    "Look how dogshit out script is, lol j/k please come see the movie on opening weekend" doesn't look like a great marketing move for an established series that is on a disappointing run of movies.
    Yeah...I have to agree that if this was Disney's strategy, then it wouldn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I don't think the script leak would change anything. At this point, people have already made up their minds on the sequel trilogy. Either they're not going to bother after TLJ, or they don't care and they're going to see it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    And yoda points out the only reason luke has trouble lifting any thing is because he has his own mental blocks. Force lifting is literally something they teach to 12 year olds who use it with enough skill to lift several light saber parts and put them together fine enough to make a working light saber. It’s not a master class ability.

Force pulling also isn’t something you get better at by training in. Strength wise kylo and Rey are equal an when using a basic ability like force pull they should always be matched as long as neither wavers. You don’t train for power in Starwars your born with that you train for mastery and when your doing the most basic stuff there isn’t much mastery to be had.
    I always figured that when Kylo connects to Rey's mind... she manages to steal knowledge of the force from him. As if his skill becomes imprinted onto her. That is when we first see her start to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't think the script leak would change anything. At this point, people have already made up their minds on the sequel trilogy. Either they're not going to bother after TLJ, or they don't care and they're going to see it anyway.
    I agree. I think most made up their minds the moment TLJ ended. (I know I did)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Everyone hates TLJ because of how Luke was handled but I actually didnt mind any of that. It was one of the most unfocused movies I have ever seen in my life. Plot threads meandering as far as the eye can see and I just found my self wondering wth is this trilogy even about. It felt more like the middle episode of a season from a TV series. I like the force awakens alot so I guess we will see what happens with this new one. I never really was a huge Star Wars fan to begin with tho. (New game is really fun tho, despite horrible character animations and models)
    Honestly Mark Hamil’s performance in TLJ was one of the few good parts
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I never said anything about being "wise" so not sure why you're accusing me of shifting any argument.

Again, being powerful in the Force isn't a set cap you get at birth and that nothing can move. You get stronger through hard work, training, learning and understanding how to use the Force. Some are more gifted than others and thuse have an easier road with it but that's not the ultimate defining factor.
    It's not a set limit at birth you get stronger with age but you don't get stronger with training which is something show cased by every single jedi ever, anakin in luke weren't stronger because they trained harder or more they were stronger because there cap and starting point is so immensely higher then every other jedi/sith.

It was clearly shown when both Obi Wan and Anakin used Force Push against each other in their duel: going by your logic Anakin should've won.
    Or it could very well be that Anakin wasn't in a good spot for either the light or dark side of the force and wasn't using his full capability. we see something similar in TFA where kylo ins't able to force pull because of the mental state he is in even though its a basic thing. or that force pushes just always do that as there isn't another example of it happening.

Besides, I remember a certain Sith Lord confirming it with a certain iconic phrase "Darth Vader will become more powerful then either of us".
    Anakin had already passed both of them they just didn't know it as neither go around lifting rocks to see who stronger.

the clone wars had a whole episode about how anakin is more powerful then every one else and this in canon to both the new and old canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    I always figured that when Kylo connects to Rey's mind... she manages to steal knowledge of the force from him. As if his skill becomes imprinted onto her. That is when we first see her start to use it.
    I think that is what happens and its said so in the novel but still seems bull to me.

It’s pretty sad that 10, 11, and 12 will have Rey listed as some notable and legendary figure when she’s an absolute terrible and rushed character. I can name so many female Jedi that have had development and deserve to be canon and not legends lore... Bastila. Juhani. Satele Shan. JK/JC PC from SWTOR. Kira Carsen. Mira. Visas Marr. Brianna/Handmaiden. Meetra Surik. Atris. And hands down the best star wars character ever created: Kreia.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It’s pretty sad that 10, 11, and 12 will have Rey listed as some notable and legendary figure when she’s an absolute terrible and rushed character.
    There's not going to be another sequel trilogy. They're just going to remake the OT in ten years or so. Gotta cash in on that name recognition, just like Disney's live action adaptations of their animated films.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reys character is basically.. "I want to know who my parents are, oh I'm also a really good pilot and a force user"

Beyond that we still don't know jack shit.. and since Kylo might've been lying about her parents we still don't know that either(unless I missed something).

Really wish they did more with all the characters tbh, even Finn and Po barely had any development.