Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My guess is no one.
    There are already too many. I've just given up on them.

I really can't be bothered with having like 15 different accounts and most only working in some parts of the world as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Everyone wins, just get everything you want. These streaming services are so much cheaper than what Cable and DISH charges. People forget Cable and DISH bills are well over $50, whereas owning Disney +/Hulu/ESPN, Netflix, and WWE Network along with a bunny ears antenna for free live TV, not to mention Pluto TV which is also freely streamed is still less than $30 a month altogether.
    Yes ! Cable is who I think gets the short end as well.

No one, Streaming became like Cable and piracy will skyrocket again because people are willing to pay for convenience. When you take out that convenience you bring back piracy.

Thank you to the cancerous corporations for turning streaming into cable except worse.

HBOMax, Netflix, Disney+, Peacock, Hulu (If you want a non ad version), CBS All Access, Amazon Prime. That isn't cheap if you want to just watch the shows you've been seeing for years on cable.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2019-11-27 at 03:45 PM.

HBO Max is going to get the WB catalog and most of the CW Network (all of the DC stuff for one thing). I think they'll be OK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never stopped pirating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Disney+ launched this month, and soon, HBO Max will enter the streaming race.

Between Netflix, Disney+, and HBO Max, who will win the streaming wars?
    Now that Game of Thrones is done, HBO will go back in oblivion.
    What does Disney have to offer, except cartoons and that horrible Space Opera (AKA Star Wars)? Nothing..

Netflix will win... They release hundreds of titles intheir own name every year and probably have 75% (or more) of the streaming market already.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    What does Disney have to offer, except cartoons and that horrible Space Opera (AKA Star Wars)? Nothing..

Netflix will win... They release hundreds of titles intheir own name every year and probably have 75% (or more) of the streaming market already.
    Amazon has some original content.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I greatly dislike Disney but your complete lack of mentioning Marvel and its legion of drones that will sub to Disney+ just to see a Doctor Bong adaptation is pretty bad. Netflix puts out a lot of bad shows too.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I personally expect tv networks to pair up with an existing service and we end up with 3-4 big ones. There’s just no way CBS can do what they’re doing and survive. Maybe they can team up with Warner Brothers.
    They already are other than Fox which imo can't. 1) NBC is already putting one together. 2) ABC is on Hulu. 3) the WB part of the CW is on HBO Max. 4) CBS is on CBS All Access.

One problem is that unless the Networks own the shows they have no long term streaming rights. The costs associated with owning are an expense they didn't use to have to cover all that often.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2019-11-27 at 06:22 PM.

I subscribe to one streaming service at a time. Currently that's Netflix.

Whoever owns the rights for Picard will be able to buy my affection for a couple of months.

HBO is owned by WarnerMedia who is turn owned by AT&T. Somehow I think they'll be able to put something together. Hey! Remember Friends? That show Netflix paid $100m for the rights to? How about that? Its owned by WarnerMedia.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are smart individual but we have weird takes when we think collectively...

IMO, you get the most for your money with Amazon and Disney (its total package, not just Disney+), followed by an HBO option. Netflix's price bothers me for what they offer.

Remember these services are priced for you to come and go as you please. Consume only what you want when you want, how you want, without contracts, having to keep them on, only watching in your living room, etc. Complaining that theres too many options is like complaining that your city has too many restaurants to choose from. It would be one thing if all of the services served up the same content and that their original content was only up for a month...but its not like that. You don't have to sub to all of them at once. You don't have to keep a sub active if you're only watching a show or two (hell, most of them have no way to keep you from exploiting trial accounts).

Only subbing for 2-3 months out of year to catch the original content you want to watch is still a whole lot cheaper than an inefficient cable contract. Add that if you have a cellphone, which most people do, you're probably getting one of the big services for free. Imagine if you subbed to every game that came out, that would be dumb right?

You just need to be smart about your money, not lazy about it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Business in real competition means the consumer benefits theoretically.

With streaming services so far this has yielded some quality content.

Netflix keeps cancelling stuff I like so I'm not paying a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    who will win the streaming wars?
    Not the consumers.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The VPN companies that offer fast VPN solutions for piracy.

The ones standing at the end will probably be disney and depending on how things work out for them netflix and amazon. But it will depend on if they actually get the scraps of the other platforms once they realize they could have sold it for more by having someone else show it off.

The only way someone actually comes ahead out of this is if someone were to enforce "streaming cable" that contains a couple of services under one umbrella.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Nobody, they all lose. The greater the competition, the smaller the pool of potential customers. At some point people realize it's not worth having multiple streaming services at once, since they cost more than they're worth.

I think a lot of you don’t realize the juggernaut hbo max will be. Warner bros, dc univirse, hbo, crunchyroll, Cartoon Network, adult swim and some other studios all under one streaming service.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The one who will rule them all, currently it's the Lord Torrent
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    The pirates stealing all these shows
    Piracy has been a thing forever, didn't stop companies from trying to jump into the streaming market and it didn't stop netflix or hulu from being successful. At the end of the day though it is absurd that there's over half a dozen streaming services all trying to mooch part of the market, in the end it'll topple the entire market.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Everyone wants their own streaming service. The bubble is eventually going to collapse. Netflix, Amazon, and maybe HBO are the only ones guaranteed to still be standing at the end of it.
    Hulu will be fine too. Honestly I feel like the HBO service is kinda a slap in the face to consumers because HBO has always had streaming if you pay your provider to have HBO in general, so I think it might harm HBO more than help it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Its a shame that they don't all get together and, i don't know... here's a concept idea for you.. Have all of them broadcast on something like a wire that goes into a box that plugs into your TV... a name that might work would be something like "cable tv" or something, and you pay 1 subscription to watch them all and you use a remote to flick through channels to watch something you'd like....

The increased rate of piracy.