Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question do you regret rolling on a Normal realm?

Do you ever feel like you’re missing out on all the world PvP that occurs in PvP realms?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

I regret going to PvP realm. I rarely play classic anymore but when I do wpvp is 90% about being gangbanged by group of opposite faction and 10% 1v1.

I like the idea of danger traveling around the world but as solo player its just not enjoyable being farmed by 5+ players at all.

I love PvP but in reality its usually so one sided it starts to get frustrsting if you are trying to do any outside world pve content. Thats why I regret not going to Pve realms, BGs are better place for PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not at all.
    Here is something to believe in!

Lol, going Normal realm is probably the best decision I made this year. Made a mistake in 2005 with high pop PVP Warsong, never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Do you ever feel like you’re missing out on all the world PvP that occurs in PvP realms?
    Nah, I regret rolling on a PVP realm. But alas, that's where my guildies wanted to play, so my main is stuck there. I love battle grounds, 'cause that's my choice to PVP when I want to, and hate having other people decide when I can play/quest.

"I would like to finish this quest please"
    - "no, we want to kill you over and over again"
    "but this isn't fun for me...me just dying over and over again and corpse running for hours"
    - "If you don't like it, then log off and play another game"
    "but I when I got home from work today, I thought I wanted to quest a little bit"
    - "OK, then get off our server and play over there on the Carebear/wimpy/PVE server"

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

World PvP still happens heavily on PvE realms,I'm spending pretty much every evening in Hillsbrad if I'm not doing stuff with my guild.

However you don't have nearly as much griefing going on.As for myself,I decided to go with a PvE realm because the world PvP experience is kinda tainted by the meta obsession people have nowadays,it's not as fun when half of the people competing are coming in full bis gear with optimal PvP talents,world buffs and bags full of engineering stuff.

I'll say it definitely takes a bit away out of world bosses and contested quest mobs though,but I feel like it's worth the tradeoff

People that rolled on a normal realm had no real interest in World PvP, because its not actually fun for a lot of players. World PvP is not about fair fights, since the majority of people will not want that. World PvP quickly degenerates into forming groups that hunt solo players, if they see another group of equal power, they'll just run.

Nevermind just wanting to quest in peace on some days. And its not like there is no World PvP on Normal realms, you just have to decide to take part, you are not forced just because you happen to be in that area.

Has anybody ever regretted rolling on a normal realm before?

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    World PvP still happens heavily on PvE realms,I'm spending pretty much every evening in Hillsbrad if I'm not doing stuff with my guild.
    In 2005 PvE realm I was on had some WPvP even though it was a small one so yeah I can imagine nowadays it's more prevalent.

I'm on Gehennas EU and love it. Yes, it's a war on a considerable scale but I would not have it any other way!

I regret rolling on PvP realm. My World PvP memories should have remained that way, as memories. Hillsbrad deathballing is just boring as fuck. Every flight master is camped. You can't really farm anywhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Regret #1 rolling horde as a caster, yes I know from being in 'top' pvt server guilds that it would be melee heavy and casters get like 4 spot, didn't expect it to be like this in _every_ guild in classic. And #2 yes regret PVP, which is why I quit my fully geared lock as I cba anymore, and am now leveling a paladin on PyrewoodPVE, what a breath of fresh, and calm, air already

Personally never cared much about pvp or even ganking in the world, I just wanna get my worldbuffs in peace and zone into the raid, for 'pvp' I have csgo

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I would regret rolling on a PVE server, especially since I was correct. The friends I decided to play here with have all quit lol.

But it doesn't matter, server is packed and if I want PVP I go to Tarren Mill, usually battles going on there no matter the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to run around with pvp flag up, when i felt like it. Which lead to some skirmishes. No, i don't regret it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    If you roll Horde - you’re basically not on a pvp realm according to the god of classic aka asmon

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    I regret rolling on PvP realm. My World PvP memories should have remained that way, as memories. Hillsbrad deathballing is just boring as fuck. Every flight master is camped. You can't really farm anywhere.
    I feel that my server (Zandalar Tribe, RPPvP) has hit the perfect level of activity recently, spent about 3 hours doing all the searing gorge quests the other evening (I was level 53), probably killed about 20 times by random level 60 horde (mostly rogues, my first death was 3 level 60 rogues all jumping me together, kinda overkill); but there were also plenty of lvl 60 alliance around too, ended up grouping with a 51 rogue to do Maltorius and the elite quests in the NW corner, met two level 49s there, grouped with them also, suddenly the level 60s that attacked us were getting killed themselves, and while we were still getting rolled if a group arrived, it wasn't nearly so pointless.

Evening peaked when we were killing giant spiders by the BRD entrance and saw a large party of horde gathering (maybe 20, 25 people) so we fled north only to run into a similar number of alliance riding south, so we turned and joined them and rode down and broke up the horde there. Cavalry charge stuff, very roleplay

Had a similar experience in Felwood the night before minus the epic charge at the end.

I'd imagine it's still a horrible clusterfuck on the crowded PvP realms though, certainly the first weekend the PvP system landed it was just... terrible, and if it is still like it was then on the overcrowded realms even after 2 weeks or so then that can't be much fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    on the contrary, I rolled on a PvP server since release and now that I took a break from the game before patch 1.2, I'm now considering rolling on an RP-PvE server, can't stand all the angst fortnite teens drooling over their keyboard when they go 5v1 on me

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    I regret going to PvP realm. I rarely play classic anymore but when I do wpvp is 90% about being gangbanged by group of opposite faction and 10% 1v1.

I like the idea of danger traveling around the world but as solo player its just not enjoyable being farmed by 5+ players at all.

I love PvP but in reality its usually so one sided it starts to get frustrsting if you are trying to do any outside world pve content. Thats why I regret not going to Pve realms, BGs are better place for PvP.
    Herpaderp if you choose pvp then this is the deal. If you dont enjoy it, quit. I mean, who doesnt find great pleaseure in getting their buttholdes torn wide open by getting gangbanged by 10 people at the same time? Its awesome enjoyment, wow at its peak! Herpaderp

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Has anybody ever regretted rolling on a normal realm before?
    On PvE realms you can still activate pvp and pvp with others who have it on, I would’ve rolled on a PVE realm if it wasn’t for my guild not wanting to.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!