Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Everyone else was skeptical at first?

Everyone else thought bfa was doing OK and was an OK game before classic came out?

I mean classic made me appreciate wow that much more, and i didn't really think i would play classic at all.
    now i can see all the game design decisions which was wrong with bfa.

Anyone feeling the same way?

No. Noone ever thought BFA was ok.

I was skeptical this would be another game vs. game blog post.

Sadly, my skepticism was well founded.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    You haven’t met @Queenhamster

I was calling it hot garbage back in Alpha/Beta

Not really, I enjoyed Classic while it was fresh but I personally find it has little to no staying power.
    This is partially my fault, I was super hyped for Classic and spent a lot of time reading up on itemization, encounters etc.
    Then the game comes out, and it's great and all but the community so far has been the same as bfa, if not more toxic at times.

On the few servers I've played on, people are just as likely to rage quit, act salty/petty and many are plain awful at the game.
    It honestly feels like a slower, more punishing bfa with nothing new to look forward to.

I won't defend bfa too much, it's not my fave expansion but I'm personally enjoying it a hell of a lot more than Classic, or Legion for that matter.

TLDR; bfa has its problems but Classic has far more, which is okay. Different strokes for different folks.

BFA isn't ok. It's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by hans07 View Post
    Everyone else thought bfa was doing OK and was an OK game before classic came out?

I mean classic made me appreciate wow that much more, and i didn't really think i would play classic at all.

BFA was what I expected it to be, just another xpac. What continues to impress me is the soundtrack. BFA has a great soundtrack.

I thought bfa wasn't terrible before classic. Playing classic made me appreciate bfa that much more.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    BFA is fine. I'm enjoying it by not feeling like I HAVE to grind AP, or Mythic+'s. Feeling as if you're forced to grind it is just gonna lead to resenting the game, and unless you're in a top 100 guild, any raid lead/officers saying you HAVE to grind the fuck outta it non stop is just tryharding to hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I thought bfa wasn't terrible before classic. Playing classic made me appreciate bfa that much more.
    Makes me giggle when the ClassiCucks don't realise they are funding the real game...

So how long do we have to endure posts like this for?

We get it, you prefer Classic. Other people prefer BfA. Different strokes.
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    I was skeptical this would be another game vs. game blog post.

Sadly, my skepticism was well founded.
    People talking about SL, that scares them.

BfA is... mediocre. It's a new bar for mediocre, no doubt, but still mediocre and was clearly unfinished upon release in hindsight. The class design is just abyssmal and it's preventing me from enjoying the game right now. There are classes playing better than mine, sure, but I won't reroll. I'll rather not play and vote with my wallet as long as my main remains lacking. That's before touching the RNG designs and Essences and bluurgh...

I can appreciate that others are playing and having fun though, because I ain't a sadsack. I simply don't play when I don't enjoy myself.

That being said, I'd still play BfA over Classic. Any day. Ya'll have your own forum where you can cirkle-jerk, gotta get those 90% of trash-talking in once the 10% gameplay is done for the reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    You haven’t met @Queenhamster
    Fail.

10chars
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-11-30 at 02:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Machine View Post
    BFA isn't ok. It's pretty good.
    Said nobody, ever.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Said nobody, ever.
    You're literally replying to a guy who says/thinks that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I'm tired of people on keep making it seem like there are only 2 expansions to compare to. Classic sux so BFA is good! No. There were 6 expansions between Classic and BFA. BFA is literally just a low effort and inferior legion riddled with bad decisions and arrogance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't be further from that personally. Classic made me realise how far we've come and the amount of little things retail does much better than Classic. It's more than a decade from vanilla era. MMORPG's target audience has shifted, as has what people want from a MMORPG changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    That being said, I'd still play BfA over Classic. Any day. Ya'll have your own forum where you can cirkle-jerk, gotta get those 90% of trash-talking in once the 10% gameplay is done for the reset.
    Damn, those were some sharp, accurate words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope After a stent in classic I was quickly reminded of the monstrous amount of grind that classic is. Yes I'm still slowly leveling a pleeb up but it will probably be a year before he hits 60.

Speak for yourself, I personally have enjoyed it fairly well so far. for the record I like it more then legion, and about the same as BC.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2019-11-30 at 03:28 AM.

No. BfA was the first expansion that made me quit entirely.

I don't like classic either.

Hopeful for Shadowlands, but remaining skeptical until I see beta.

/endfuckingthread