Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Everyone is complaining about the cost of VR...

But let’s see...

Consoles costs the same price as a VR headset.

And a TV Costs the same cost as a PC.

Logic...
    VR doesn't have much appeal outside of some niche games and Half Life. Its price is well warranted considering the cost involved in making it, but there is not much payoff. It's the equivalent of paying $500 for a console with no games.

I agree it's the next logical step forward for gaming, but its current implementation is kinda mediocre due to technological restrictions.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2019-11-30 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    VR doesn't have much appeal outside of some niche games and Half Life. Its price is well warranted considering the cost involved in making it, but there is not much payoff. It's the equivalent of paying $500 for a console with no games.

I agree it's the next logical step forward for gaming, but its current implementation is kinda mediocre due to technological restrictions.

Besides games like

Fallout 4
    No man sky
    Arizona sunrise
    Best saber
    Defector
    Lone echo
    Robot recall
    Super hot

All these games are amazing in VR
    Super immersive
    decent amount of play time
    Fun AF

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    A console is a gaming platform, you have tons of video games available for any of them.

A VR headset is a peripheral, you buy it to attach it either to a console or to a PC, to have access to a couple extra worthwhile games.

...but yeah... "logic".
    Talking about price points.

Reading comprehension skills are hard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

It's not just for niche games.
    I've had more fun in games like Elite Dangerous and Project Cars 2 in VR than those VR only games. I do have HOTAS for ED and a wheel for racing games, but it's fun as hell and everyone who tried it was impressed.
    And those games are not originally made for VR. They just have VR support.
    I think however that VR is oversaturated with shooter games. So tired of those. I play mostly sports in VR. It's way more fun.

Anyone feels like this is not a new Half Life game but rather just a cash grab?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Everyone is complaining about the cost of VR...

But let’s see...

Consoles costs the same price as a VR headset.

And a TV Costs the same cost as a PC.

Logic...

An average TV isnt going to cost you more than 300.
    An average PC will take you around 900
    An average VR set will cost you around 300-500.

That said,
    A console is cheap, but the games are expensive.
    A PC is not cheap, but the games are.
    If you're thinking long term, a PC is actually a lot cheaper than a console.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Anyone feels like this is not a new Half Life game but rather just a cash grab?
    It's a "lets see how interested the market is in our VR".
    If it does well, they'll make more.

Three new gameplay videos.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Meh wanted to get index but it's sold out because of alyx, went for pimax 5k plus...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

If they do this wrong, they could pull a Duke Nukem Forever: All hype no substance.

If they do this right, they could pull a Half Life 2. Utilizing new technology in creative and innovative ways that sets the standard for years to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Not a fan of the "moving". Everything else looks pretty great.

a AAA company releasing a vr only game could be the start of the vr revolution or the death
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

pretty hyped actually. cant wait to play no my index

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Not a fan of the "moving". Everything else looks pretty great.
    Yeah, I've never liked that aspect of VR games. It did look like the second video utilized actual movement and not that "teleport" movement, so maybe (hopefully) its an option.

There are 3 ways to move. If you choose the smooth way to move like in any other non VR fps then there is the danger of motion sickness. That's why they also added the teleport method that seem to cause less nauseous stomaches.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Yeah, I've never liked that aspect of VR games. It did look like the second video utilized actual movement and not that "teleport" movement, so maybe (hopefully) its an option.
    If you look at about 6:15 in this video, you can see there are four different movement options.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    There are 3 ways to move. If you choose the smooth way to move like in any other non VR fps then there is the danger of motion sickness. That's why they also added the teleport method that seem to cause less nauseous stomaches.
    That was extremely informative. I've used VR for racing games, so I don't really get the "motion sickness" angle, especially with the teleporting. If anything that kind of jarring movement would make you more likely to become nauseous.

I've spent a lot of time on boats and one of the biggest culprits for seasickness (outside of poor choice in foods or lack thereof) is target fixation. People tend to focus on say the rail of the boat, while the world is moving around them. You should be "focusing" on the world and let the boat move around you. Kind of like when you first learn to ride a bike and you dont realize it's better to let the bike be independent of your body.

Why do you guys enjoy VR? It's lame. You look funny to your mom when playing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Why do you guys enjoy VR? It's lame. You look funny to your mom when playing too.
    Most of us look funny even when not playing.

Why do you enjoy PC games, you look lame when playing them.

If you care what your mother thinks, you need to grow up. VR is much more immersive and interactive than a single 2D screens can be. I guess you never tried a good VR game.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!