Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The game should make a priority on story more so than gameplay. Restricting races such as forsaken from holy/shadow based classes. Throwing a one page bit of lore to justify it is class A bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW Classic is best expansion ever.

- The game should be grindy (not asian grindy, more like vanilla/tbc consumable grindy)
    - Pulling multiple mobs should always be dangerous
    - Gear scaling should not trivialize current expansion content.
    - I don't think "fast gameplay" benefits anyone besides the Fortnite zoomers who all play DHs nowdays.
    - Alts should have to do everything a main has to do (including buy their own mounts). Since WoW has no family system or anything along those lines, each character should have their own identity and progress.

Don't think I'll be more popular with those opinions!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Grizzly Hills has the worst music. I had to turn it off every time I entered that zone. It's like wailing on a violin with a sickly cat.
    terrible attempt at baiting, you should be banned off the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    That is indeed a very unpopular opinion since no one in their right mind would say Cataclysm is a part of the "classic" WoW. Cataclysm was the first AOE EVERYTHING, DUNGEON FIND EVERYTHING, NO COMMUNITY expansion. ^^

So yeah, you stuck to the topic =D
    I don't think you played Cataclysm dungeons when they were relevant if you think that lol. Also dungeon finder was Wrath not Cata.
    Last edited by Firefall; 2019-12-03 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Raids should be removed from the game and Dungeons should be the difficult content, tuned so that it's skill and not overgearing that lets people succeed.
    I agree with this. I have always found raids to be incredibly boring. I usually don't even do LFR unless I absolutely have to in order to progress a quest chain. They just take too much time and I get bored easily in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    I don't think you played Cataclysm dungeons when they were relevant if you think that lol. Also dungeon finder was Wrath not Cata.
    I still remember the complaining about how hard heroic dungeons were tuned back in early Cata. Heck, I think there was a blue post responding to how they overshot the difficulty mark with the heroic dungeons, as the heroics felt too inaccessible to the average player due to how difficult they were compared to WotLK. I personally loved the difficultly, although I had a group of friends and guildies to always go with.

In terms of unpopular opinions? The difficulty curve in the game is way too steep with PvE content, with the easiest content being way too easy and the hardest content being way too hard. Ideally, even at the beginning levels you want to still require some effort to achieve your goals, as you will enjoy winning if you feel like you actually put some work into it (how little it may be). On the high-end of things... I'm getting kind of tired of "one person screws up, insta-wipe!" mentality in the hardest raid content, as even DC's or lag spikes or whatever can kill attempts/progress, let alone raider Timmy standing in bad again like he shouldn't messing up good play of everyone else. I'd love if the easy content was bumped up a little in difficulty and the hardest content scaled back a little to allow mistakes that are costly but recoverable versus almost always a wipe.

This kind of ties into another unpopular opinion of how I loved WoD for the most part, but it still was the first expansion where I had unsubbed for a while. What caused it? Bugs in the mythic raid. Anyone who raided mythic HFC probably has not-so-fond memories of mythic Gorefiend and his "death" mechanic, but what broke the camel's back in our raid was the "death" mechanic randomly killing people off when it shouldn't. Our raid team got extremely frustrated with that fight, as we were cruising along at top 50 US for mythic kills until we hit that bug. We eventually killed it despite the bug, but progression took way longer than it should have due to bugs. Unfortunately, even in today's content, the bugs that are still even present in mythic EP raids drive me nuts to no end, mostly because of the aforementioned one mistake tends to lead to a wipe instead of being recoverable.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Unpopular Opinion:

Sargeras wasn't wasted at the end of Antorus, and Arthas is overrated to shit.

Grizzly Hills has the worst music. I had to turn it off every time I entered that zone. It's like wailing on a violin with a sickly cat.
    Thats so funny. My ex gf haaated that music as well. To me it sound so damn good. Really weird how different music sound to individual persons

i guess at least on this forum one of the most unpopular opinions that i happen to share is that Cataclysm was a lot better than anything that came after it and that MoP was the last decent expansion and that after MoP the game fell off a cliff and has been getting worse and worse

Agreed. I think music in zones in general shouldn't be so intrusive and Blizzard are trying too hard with it. I always enjoyed how in vanilla and Classic Ashenvale you can just hear the sounds of nature or how the music in Barrens is such a big part of creating the Horde atmosphere, but is nowhere like a symphony, and shouldn't be.

Glad to see someone else say this. While I didn't hate the Grizzly Hills music, I never understood why everyone seemed to gush about it. I loved the music in Storm Peaks way more.

Also, I'd mention enjoying Vashj'ir, but it seems like that's not all that unpopular an opinion these days.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Unpopular Opinion 1: The lore in BfA (although inconsistent) has been great. Jaina's story arc has been the best character development Blizzard have done since Tirion in Vanilla, and maybe even better than that.

While I think the lore in BfA has had me raising a few questions with some plot holes, where it has shined it has really shined well.

Unpopular Opinion 2: I didn't hate Garrisons, in fact I really liked the idea, it just sucked that the cost was so much cut content.

Unpopular Opinion 3 : Warcraft 3 Arthas storyline wasnt as great as we remember, the story is cliche and the dialogue is cheesy as shit. But I still love Warcraft 3 I just don't hype it up to the delusions some people do.

Unpopular Opinion 4 : I like the current talent trees more than the old talent trees, I just wish there were more rows than we currently have.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-12-03 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    Thats so funny. My ex gf haaated that music as well. To me it sound so damn good. Really weird how different music sound to individual persons
    Maybe it's because of the instrument? Instruments like a violin, accordion or harmonica can be really grating to some people. Especially with low quality audio outputs some instruments like church organs make my ears bleed, even if it's an absolutely lovely rendition.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Alleria is one of the most complex characters in WoW. Void elves are a great race.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    [B]Jaina's story arc has been the best character development Blizzard have done since Tirion in Vanilla, and maybe even better than that.
    I agree with most of your post, but I agree with this the hardest. I felt like they were doing Jaina dirty with some of the stuff that was happening in some of the previous xpacks and I even hated her by the end of MoP, but I felt feelings with her cinematics and stuff in BfA and every time I see her being angry at whatever bullshit was going on, I was like "I get it".
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Blackrock Foundry is the worst raid ever conceived.

Void Lords are a stupid idea.

MoP is one of the best expansions to date. Pandaren still suck though.
    I agree 200 % lol. MOP was so much fun, and the world pvp was great too ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    World of Warcraft is a good game.
    We said unpopular opinion. It is a good game, don't let salty MMOC ex-players tell you the contrary.
    Those people are cancer.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Already been said by one other person here, but:

Titanforging is a healthy and fun addition to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The stripping back of the game and slowing down of ALL aspects of progression, to a more linear path, with no catch up mechanics until final tier (even them limited slots),
    Having no catch up mechanics completely breaks the game. The reason your opinion is unpopular is because it's retarded.