Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    because the only one that's even remotely worth it to become a class is the necromancer and that ship has passed twice: once when they decided to implement warlock as the primary 'dark caster and twice when they chose DK to become wotlk's new class

Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    It's written. Torghast and Covenants. All of this is new.
    As for your last sentence, it's pure kodo poop. So ...
    So a zone and reputations? Still nothing new.
    We've had thoes since TBC.

12 classes are already plentiful as is.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    New stuff = fun.
    Opinion =/= fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I'm glad they aren't offering another new class.

Both Monk and DH are very similar in many ways and the DH steps on Monk's toes e.g. both high mobility, both leather, both melee, both unique animations, Roll = Fel Rush, both have an orb that spawns upon a kill to heal them when walked through.

DH just has a more ridiculously broken toolkit to make it stand out more like double jump and glide, shammy purge that rewards them with fury, annoying ass pvp ability that throws them up in the air, insane defence abilities that let them avoid entire hits.

It's like they don't know what else to do with new classes. Most stuff has been done, even Monk steps on rogue's toes.
    Yep, this tbh. Last thing we need is some new class that is either half baked and useless (hello vengeance dh) or stealing all the good toys from other classes playgrounds and pushing them out of meta to grab the spotlight (hello havoc dh).

For me, new class is a threat to my main, Blizzard's excuse to leave old classes in the dirt and only focus on the "new shiny" everyone is expected to reroll to.

For example, I mainly play tanks, all 3 new classes had a tank spec. Vengeance is a complete failure of a design, trying to make a weird amalgamation of prot warrior (active mitigation, mobility, last stand effect) and blood dk (self healing, double resource) while being worse than both. It's clear that they ran out of design ideas for new tank specs.

Meanwhile both monk and dk tank since their implementation were creeping into tank meta to the point of pushing other tank classes out, in specific cases raiding guilds even way out of the top bracket and m+ groups would only want one of these, because it was so much stronger than the rest (blood dk mostly in m+ but also here and there in raiding, both of them in CMs back in the days, and monk in raiding every other tier, and recently in m+ as well).

In the melee camp, DH stole a lot of spotlight, raid and m+ spots, being a class with awfully overloaded kit AND a mandatory buff that majority of specs need to maximize their damage (there are very few pure physical specs that don't benefit from dh buff).

And since spots in raids and m+ are limited, the more classes there are, the more are pushed into non-meta state, and I really don't care to hear the corny line "if you're good you will find a spot" because I've experienced it first hand that people are not even willing to give you a chance if you are "wrong" class.

Literally this patch, my old guild disbanded, I took a couple of months break, saw Shadowlands reveal and thought I'll give wow another chance. Cue searching for a guild. First guild I talked with GM I literally got the answer if you don't main a brewmaster or don't have a playable brewmaster alt (so basically a second main you have to upkeep to the raiding standards) don't even bother applying. That guild isn't even top 200 btw.

Worst thing that can happen is Blizzard implementing a new class I hate to play, but I'm constantly asked to play it or gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    People keep talking about balance like its super important, without realising for the majority of wow players, they just want FUN, engaging classes and specs, and balance really isnt a big concern.
    Having classes balanced doesn't mean they need to have bland rotations and no fun abilities. Class can be OP but completely unfun, my perfect example is brewmaster monk, it's been completely unfun and boring to play for me since removal of chi and a lot of other abilities, yet across the last 2 expansions it's been creeping to the top OP tank spot several times.

There's also the opposite, Legion's survival hunter was a rework that put a lot of complexity in the class, but it became too complex for an average player so they had to simplify it for BFA. The biggest problem with survival is that the game has way too many goddamn melee dps. So it will have it very hard to gain popularity no matter what. The same reason why I'm not looking for any more "new melee classes" like warden or blade master or spell breaker.

Dark Ranger? Tinker? Necromancer? Sure, as long as it's a range dps and no more melee dps / tanks. The game has too many of these for too few available spots in groups. But then again, warlocks and hunters won't be happy if another class steals their toys, warlocks already had it happen with demon hunters taking away their meta.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2019-12-06 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So a zone and reputations? Still nothing new.
    We've had thoes since TBC.
    With this kind of thinking, there's not a single new thing since the release of vanilla.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Because players feel too entitled to certain content, and Blizzard may want to break the anticipated content and develop on their own terms.

Imagine developing a game, but everything you do causes backlash, even if you have the players best interest in mind.

There is no need for new classes ... What we would really need would be a "role filler" on LFG, so you can play as healer or tank if there is need for them, while still getting rewards on your dps character, this would be awesome. If that would work on Normal raids it would be even more awesome as dps could replace missing healers ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Because they already have the next class, but Tinkers just didn't fit the expansion theme so they're holding it back. They'll make it work for the space expansion where we go fight some impending threat of the Void.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because we don't need any more? Because we have specs that languish forever at the bottom of range, with no hope for redemption when you have some classes that have historically never fell below the upper 50%. Blizzard enough on their plate to balance what exists, and what should be a priority is improving and innovating what they have. Id rather have the existing specs feel good then them add Tinker/Ranger/Roflcopter/Necromancer.....
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Because all the current classes are boring af bar a couple.
    /thread

Instead, they should kill off classes and make new ones.
    First to kill off, Druids. F that class. Whoever design that class has a special place in hell.
    Second, Demonhunters. A fanboy class that missed the mark.
    Third Rogues. There's really a billion reasons to delete.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Good idea. We should actually expand and generalize that a bit and it will cover many, many topics that one could answer for themselves just by common sense

- - - Updated - - -

Don't even bother. In these kinds of "discussions", nothing will be counted as "content" or "new" when it fits an agenda. I have been here long enough to know.
    My account is new but I have lurked for the past decade.
    I have enough free time to conduce a thorough study on bad faith and crappy arguments.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Because they already have the next class, but Tinkers just didn't fit the expansion theme so they're holding it back. They'll make it work for the space expansion where we go fight some impending threat of the Void.
    Yes, keep that delusion alive. Hope dies last, after all.

With this kind of thinking, there's not a single new thing since the release of vanilla.
    New classes and races would do it though.

As I've said before just because there's a pattern in prior expansions doesn't mean blizzard is beholden to keep that pattern indefinitely. They're probably just not at a point right now where they feel ready to add a new class.

The same thing happened with races.

BC: 2 races
    WotlK: No races
    Cata: 2 races.

Seemed like we had a pattern here alternating races and classes.

But then MOP came and gave 1 new neutral race AND a class. Then WOD gave neither but updated vanilla/BC player models. Then Legion had nothing for races but BFA bucked the trend with 'allied races' instead. And Shadowlands is adding more customization instead of races/allied races.

Just because somethign was a pattern in the past doesn't mean blizzard is beholden to it now. If you're disapointed at no new class, that's fair. I found Shadowlands to be kind of underwhelming at its announcement. But there are plenty of reasons why there wouldn't be one and I'm honestly not all that shocked they bucked the trend, especially with demon hunters only having two specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    New classes and races would do it though.
    If new zones and new quests and new dungeons are not new content, new classes or races won't change your life and are not new content.
    So bfa = classic with extra steps.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Probably. Blizzard is quite lazy in this expansion: Not only does 8.3 feel like quite a lazyfest and a rehash of old content, Shadowlands seems quite underwhelming: 5 zones, not connected, Bastion seems very very blant, and it does feel that blizzard have not many devs on wow any more.

It feels right now like the worst combination of Cataclysm and WoD: they took the worst of them, and made an expansion of it.

This might be connected that the "BEST DEVS" are now working on mobile. Or blizzard was so into the mobile-insanity before blizzcon 2018 that they didn#t had much content for wow any more, since all devs were focusing on DO YOU GUYS HAVE NO PHONES. Any of this is quite possible.
    None of that is possible. It is nothing more than tinfoil hat nonsense.

If new zones and new quests and new dungeons are not new content, new classes or races won't change your life and are not new content.
    So bfa = classic with extra steps.
    Is Power windows, anti lock breaks, windshield wipers new features on a new car? No? then neither are zones, quests and dungeons.

Because the last 2 classes added to WoW weren't needed.

They literally added 2 highly mobile, leather-wearers. We already had rogue (hence why DH should've been a mail class). The role of mobile, high burst, leather-wearer was already fulfilled by rogue for like 8 years before Monk was added, and even longer before DH. Adding a new class because you want an alt you won't play is a stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Opinion =/= fact.

Yep, this tbh. Last thing we need is some new class that is either half baked and useless (hello vengeance dh) or stealing all the good toys from other classes playgrounds and pushing them out of meta to grab the spotlight (hello havoc dh).

For me, new class is a threat to my main, Blizzard's excuse to leave old classes in the dirt and only focus on the "new shiny" everyone is expected to reroll to.

For example, I mainly play tanks, all 3 new classes had a tank spec. Vengeance is a complete failure of a design, trying to make a weird amalgamation of prot warrior (active mitigation, mobility, last stand effect) and blood dk (self healing, double resource) while being worse than both. It's clear that they ran out of design ideas for new tank specs.

Meanwhile both monk and dk tank since their implementation were creeping into tank meta to the point of pushing other tank classes out, in specific cases raiding guilds even way out of the top bracket and m+ groups would only want one of these, because it was so much stronger than the rest (blood dk mostly in m+ but also here and there in raiding, both of them in CMs back in the days, and monk in raiding every other tier, and recently in m+ as well).

In the melee camp, DH stole a lot of spotlight, raid and m+ spots, being a class with awfully overloaded kit AND a mandatory buff that majority of specs need to maximize their damage (there are very few pure physical specs that don't benefit from dh buff).

And since spots in raids and m+ are limited, the more classes there are, the more are pushed into non-meta state, and I really don't care to hear the corny line "if you're good you will find a spot" because I've experienced it first hand that people are not even willing to give you a chance if you are "wrong" class.

Literally this patch, my old guild disbanded, I took a couple of months break, saw Shadowlands reveal and thought I'll give wow another chance. Cue searching for a guild. First guild I talked with GM I literally got the answer if you don't main a brewmaster or don't have a playable brewmaster alt (so basically a second main you have to upkeep to the raiding standards) don't even bother applying. That guild isn't even top 200 btw.

Worst thing that can happen is Blizzard implementing a new class I hate to play, but I'm constantly asked to play it or gtfo.

Having classes balanced doesn't mean they need to have bland rotations and no fun abilities. Class can be OP but completely unfun, my perfect example is brewmaster monk, it's been completely unfun and boring to play for me since removal of chi and a lot of other abilities, yet across the last 2 expansions it's been creeping to the top OP tank spot several times.

There's also the opposite, Legion's survival hunter was a rework that put a lot of complexity in the class, but it became too complex for an average player so they had to simplify it for BFA. The biggest problem with survival is that the game has way too many goddamn melee dps. So it will have it very hard to gain popularity no matter what. The same reason why I'm not looking for any more "new melee classes" like warden or blade master or spell breaker.

Dark Ranger? Tinker? Necromancer? Sure, as long as it's a range dps and no more melee dps / tanks. The game has too many of these for too few available spots in groups. But then again, warlocks and hunters won't be happy if another class steals their toys, warlocks already had it happen with demon hunters taking away their meta.
    Brewmaster is the only spec you see consistently in raids and m+ (no idea about BGs but I imagine Vengeance DH outperforms).

Mistweavers too see lots of play in arenas, rated BGs, raids (not mythic lol) and m+ 15 or lower.

Windwalkers are almost nonexistent because Rogues and DHs perform the exact same role but much better. Windwalker's single target was buffed for 8.3 because it was the worst in the game and the buffs are nowhere near what the spec needs to perform well in both AOE and singletarget.

You'd think WW mobility should be the best in the game to offset the fact that their damage is outperformed by classes that fulfil the same role, but no, Havoc DH mobility outshines WW mobility since the latter was nerfed for BFA.

Of course no one should care what is played below 15+ Mythics, mythic raids and 2k rating, but the thing is most people do care.