Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    “I don’t like the look of this” =/= “Blizzard doesn’t care about it”

Well, I remember that during BfA beta, an updated texture of Westfall was datamined, I don't know if it's still in the files, but we could speculate that they are working on another world revamp based on that, who knows. It would be cool to have a proper revamp in 10.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Do you believe that perhaps Blizzard is simply holding back on Shadowlands to reignite us for 10.0? As we know, Blizzard works two expansions ahead, so it wouldn't be a surprise if Blizzard has moved a greater than usual number of developers to 10.0 instead of Shadowlands.

Shadowlands' content offering has been modest at best, and insulting at worst. It feels like a maintenance expansion going through the hoops with no real passion or enthusiasm. Do you think this is intentional to go all out for 10.0?
    If only expansions got patches with more content or something!

/facepalm
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    They only showed the levelling content, how can you or anyone accurately judge the credibility of the expansion? And propagate from it, how bad it will be for the entirety of the 2-year expansion... based off of 5 explained zones? That in some cases were extensive in some details but also brief in others as like most developmental work... It's not finished?
    Isn't this the whole point of trailers though? Blizzcon was a 2 day trailer for shadowlands regarding WoW content. The whole point of trailers is to put a product out there judge and form your opinions based around if you'll buy it or in this case play it.

7+ Year Old Account
    We don't even have an alpha to test things out, how are they holding back?

Because of the setting?
    The setting is fine, the problem lies in the writers
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Didn't you say these same things about BfA, and Legion?
    Just look at list of threads started by him. It's adventure by it's own.

Do you believe that perhaps Blizzard is simply holding back on Shadowlands to reignite us for 10.0? As we know, Blizzard works two expansions ahead, so it wouldn't be a surprise if Blizzard has moved a greater than usual number of developers to 10.0 instead of Shadowlands.

Shadowlands' content offering has been modest at best, and insulting at worst. It feels like a maintenance expansion going through the hoops with no real passion or enthusiasm. Do you think this is intentional to go all out for 10.0?
    maybe you should wait until we know more about the xpac. but hey, at least this gives you the freedom to shitpost and up your post count right?

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Ehhh. I'm losing hope to see really good xpack. I think, it's becoming something like "This content works for us - why do we need to change anything?". So, I really doubt, 10.0 will have something good. I really think, that their current motto is "It's better to have 1M of stable players, than put some effort into trying to attract more". Because, you know, "no matter, what we do - they don't like it". And they don't even think, what is really wrong with their game and that they constantly do things wrong, but think, that they do it right.
    It's always cheaper to keep current customers than to attract new.

WoW is 15 years old, it's a game for dinosaurs and fossils, and that supply can only diminish at this point. The younger generations have their own games that turn into classics, much like WoW did for us.

WoW will never grow again, and that's ok.

Considering Shadowlands is the first expansion since MoP that sounds like it's going to actually be better than its predecessor... no?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Mate, do you have any idea how big of a shitshow BfA is? If they fuck up Shadowlands like they fucked up BfA, the game will not recover. One shitty xpac every 4 years is already terrible, 2 in a row would be suicide from a development perspective.

To quote the Cap'n: "No... no I don't think so."

I've said it many many times before durring and POST Legion, and I'll say it again:

Maintenance. Mode.

Say it with me again:

Maintenance. Mode.

Legion was very obviously the "Last Hurrah" before it went into maintenance mode. You're not paying for new content anymore, you're just paying to participate in a game-design-engine beta test at this point. This is also the reason they keep reinventing the wheel every expansion.

There's no "We're saving the best for down the road" here. If they do - it's going to be a WoW 2, which I seriously doubt will ever happen.

They are not holding back. They design and invest according to the resources they operate with and projected revenue. Also water is wet.

lol shadowlands looks FAR from finished why would they allready be working on the next addon after that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Shadowlands is WoW 2.0, targeting NEW players and NOT the crybabys that are never happy, nor paying subs to the game. Blizzard basicly told everyone at blizzcon, that the game stays as it is in its core and everything else is targeted at new players.

They said it, they wrote it, it is not really that hard to get.
    I wish I didn't agree with you but you are right in my opinion, they are targeting new players, forgetting that the new breed of gamers don't take to MMO's, MMO's are not being played by new gamers or a new audience, the genre is dying and so is WoW because of this reason. WoW's decline has only been sped up by the so called crybabys as you put it, leaving the game and not returning. The game is on life support, a few hundred thousand whales spending their paychecks on useless, in game cosmetics are keep the game alive. But this will only work whilst they are enough people for these whales to show off their cool earned items too, once they realise all they are doing is showing off their items to their fellow whales, the game will close up.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Considering Shadowlands is the first expansion since MoP that sounds like it's going to actually be better than its predecessor... no?
    WoD didn't sound like it will be better than MoP? (yeah, I know how it turn out, I'm talking about first impression)

Legion didn't sound like it will be better than WoD?

Well done for the early "Shadowlands sucks!11" veiled outrage.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it just seems like that because no one left at blizzard has a soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blah, blah, blah, no.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    it just seems like that because no one left at blizzard has a soul.
    They kept the core game for 15 years intact, despite the neverending whining. Most MMOs just give in to the commuity demands after a few months, so 15 years is pretty cool for the soulless dev team.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    WoD didn't sound like it will be better than MoP? (yeah, I know how it turn out, I'm talking about first impression)

Legion didn't sound like it will be better than WoD?
    I don't think so, honestly.

Things I personally disliked from the announcement, based on the Wowhead posts of the reveals for those expansions:
    WoD:
    Garrisons(never thought we needed player housing, so a lot of wasted resources)
    Follower missions

Legion:
    Artifacts(no new weapons throughout the expansion, AP)
    Violet Hold remake
    Legendaries(think those were announced at the Blizzcon a few months after the Gamescom reveal, but I'll count them anyway)

And the big thing Shadowlands has going for it, at least for me, is that they're finally recognizing some of the issues that people have brought up for years and years regarding alts, loot and infinite grinds. Now they might still fuck them up and have yet another expansion follow the trend of every expansion since WoD being worse than its predecessor, but for now it sounds good.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU