Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Doesn't matter if it's a single game - it's the chance for the for said overhaul. I don't know if it's one of the goals or not, but given the new systems they have the chance for better "calibration".

It's all about balancing how the various multipliers stack. I don't expect people not to aim to SANIC builds, but if the game structure doesn't promote speed as much, the whole thing will slow down.

It's however something baked into the game genre - faster clear means more efficient farming and more chances at good loot, which is ultimately the goal of every player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    You can definitely make the "same game" but at the same time slow it down by quite a bit. Will powercreep come into play? For sure. The thing in current PoE is the powercreep is pretty much there from the start, while you can definitely slow that down (and as it looks like from gameplay, it is slowed down QUITE a bit).

Powercreep is still one of the "main core systems" in any ARPG. The question is how MUCH powercreep do you want in the game by introducing certain mechanics/items to increase the power of the player. And who knows, we might see some mechanics dropping out for various reasons and new ones introduced.
    The entire point being made was that they'd need to fundamentally change the game into something it isn't if they slowed down to combat enough to meaningfully change anything which would alienate the current playerbase that enjoys the game for what it is.

Someone responded to that with "well they can slow it down with PoE 2 and leave PoE 1 the way it is", hence the comment about it being the same game..

If they slow down PoE 2 to the degree that they'd need to to make that change.. we're right back at square 1 with alienating a huge chunk of the community who plays the game for the zoom zoom that it is now.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The entire point being made was that they'd need to fundamentally change the game into something it isn't if they slowed down to combat enough to meaningfully change anything which would alienate the current playerbase that enjoys the game for what it is.

Someone responded to that with "well they can slow it down with PoE 2 and leave PoE 1 the way it is", hence the comment about it being the same game..

If they slow down PoE 2 to the degree that they'd need to to make that change.. we're right back at square 1 with alienating a huge chunk of the community who plays the game for the zoom zoom that it is now.
    these types of games shouldnt be about fast destroy the whole screen builds anyway, it should be a slower paced game, when you gain too much power it just makes the game easy and too boring so it wont hold your attention for long, they could easily slow down the pace and bring the level of reward inline. If you like PoE slowing down things are not going to make you stop.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    these types of games shouldnt be about fast destroy the whole screen builds anyway, it should be a slower paced game, when you gain too much power it just makes the game easy and too boring so it wont hold your attention for long, they could easily slow down the pace and bring the level of reward inline. If you like PoE slowing down things are not going to make you stop.
    Then you picked the wrong game, because that's what this game is about.

I prefer slower more deliberate combat myself, I think the zoom zoom meta is hurting the game myself.... but the entire game is built around it. It would be such a dramatic a fundamental change to the core of the game to slow it down at this point that it would practically make it a different game.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vaal side areas inside maps in 3.9. noice

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2685971

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post

That'll make getting some vaal gems a lot easier without having to backtrack to earlier acts.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post

Took them long enough. Welcome addition though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    The Life of champion. Definitely gonna try out different games this Xmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to get into this game. Never really played ARPG games until D3 back in late 2015. I still play D3 to this day but I keep coming back to PoE as something I'm interested in getting into.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2686983

Balance Manifesto is up. Looks like another round of nerfs for melee (for whatever reason). Summoner on the other hand didn't get anything heavy handed and should still be incredibly strong. Bows actually got a small nerf (?).

Hopefully skill gems etc. will show the bigger picture, because right now it just seems like nerfs all across the board for a lot of things, while at the same time the "good" things are still at the spot they are.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I really want to get into this game. Never really played ARPG games until D3 back in late 2015. I still play D3 to this day but I keep coming back to PoE as something I'm interested in getting into.
    Getting into PoE isn't the hardest thing anymore. There are a ton of guides which help you understand how the game works for the most part. Getting into the more advanced mechanics etc. will come over time.

If anything, https://exiledguides.com/ is a good place for new player guides. In general, Engineering Eternity has a lot of great guides, both for newbies and more advanced players. When it comes down to "advanced" build guides etc. there are a LOT of threads in the forums and youtubers like Mathil who theorycraft builds and clear the endgame with those builds.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2019-12-10 at 11:52 AM.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

I dropped a Null's Convinction, and i find it really interesting. Has anyone some pointers on how to use it efficiently? "Allahu Akhbar" skeletons are awesome, so i wanted them couple with a fire skill just for RP.

I can roll this on Standard, so i can play it easily. Probably i'm going to skip this league since other events in other game and less time to play generally.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I dropped a Null's Convinction, and i find it really interesting. Has anyone some pointers on how to use it efficiently? "Allahu Akhbar" skeletons are awesome, so i wanted them couple with a fire skill just for RP.
    Wormblaster!!..

There's a silly (but devastating) meme build that involves Null's Inclination socketed with 3 Dark Pact gems plus three supports, and a bunch of Writhing Jars to spawn worms to kill. With enough flask effect and reduced flask consumption and such, you can spawn dozens of worms, kill them all with a bow attack, and then trigger several dozen Dark Pacts at once since Null's Inclination trigger effect apparently doesn't have a cooldown. (It'll hurt since Dark Pact sacrifices your life when it can, but it apparently can't kill you itself.)

Maybe you can do a version that includes Summon Skeletons too, and have the Dark Pacts work off them.. although I've heard it's less optimal since you'll have less control over where the Dark Pacts are cast, so it's more likely that the Dark Pacts kill your worms rather than them being killed by your bow (as you need to kill with the bow to trigger the minion spells).

Of course you may not want to copy a build too, but I do think that Dark Pact and/or Writhing Jar are notable considerations to make the most out of Null's.
    Last edited by Shaiandra; 2019-12-10 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post

Of course you may not want to copy a build too, but I do think that Dark Pact and/or Writhing Jar are notable considerations to make the most out of Null's.
    Ok. Will check that. Though since this season minions were generally buffed and skellies + frenzy + infernal legion + minion instability is wrecking content right now i wanted to keep that I didn't see any nerf for it coming excluding a generic feeding frenzy nerf. And i really need that for the charge thing mostly.

My idea was to start as Scion/Ascendant and take Spiritual Aid/Command and work my damage out of minion nodes aswell.

EDIT: i don't know if this was fixed, but apparently adding the summon phantasm support changes any skill to a minion skill for Null's so i can literally use any spell or skill in it XD

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2686983

Balance Manifesto is up. Looks like another round of nerfs for melee (for whatever reason). Summoner on the other hand didn't get anything heavy handed and should still be incredibly strong. Bows actually got a small nerf (?).
    Damn, that does look like a light hand at summoner nerfs. My necro should still be fine with minimal changes, my minion damage was completely bonkers to begin with so dropping it down a bit just means it will take me like 10 seconds to kill guardians rather than 6.

Will need to dig into the bow/melee changes more to see what I want to play next league. Still kinda leaning towards a bow character since I've still yet to level one above 20something.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’m so torn between trying a bow build for once or just trying to get shield throw to work again. The last three leagues I’ve failed to get good single target damage out of shield throw but I can’t help my self from circling back to it and trying a new set up to try and get it to work.

I should probably bite the bullet and make a Ranger for shield throw but god do I hate every thing about the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’m so torn between trying a bow build for once or just trying to get shield throw to work again. The last three leagues I’ve failed to get good single target damage out of shield throw but I can’t help my self from circling back to it and trying a new set up to try and get it to work.

I should probably bite the bullet and make a Ranger for shield throw but god do I hate every thing about the character.
    Shield throw can definitely work, my brother has a character built around that and she works pretty well (ranger). It's still squishy and single target kinda sucks, but it's great for pack farming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Shield throw can definitely work, my brother has a character built around that and she works pretty well (ranger). It's still squishy and single target kinda sucks, but it's great for pack farming.
    I know it works well with the ranger I just hate the character sooooo much so I’ve been trying every thing to avoid her.

I’ve got it to a good spot for high end yellow maps and low end red maps but single target is always awful so killing even basic bosses take for ever. In blight towers/maps it was really nice for the normal mobs as the shields would bounce and explode but once a boss came out I couldn’t do jack.

I almost always play in a group so normally a freind can pick up the slack but getting it to a decent single target state has been my goal the last few leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I almost always play in a group so normally a freind can pick up the slack but getting it to a decent single target state has been my goal the last few leagues.
    I'll try to catch up with my brother and see what he's done with his character in case I can pass off any tips. Probably more a gearing issue as he's invested a fair amount into the character (I think he's around 10-20ex in?), but might be a few points to swap around.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll try to catch up with my brother and see what he's done with his character in case I can pass off any tips. Probably more a gearing issue as he's invested a fair amount into the character (I think he's around 10-20ex in?), but might be a few points to swap around.
    Gear is a rather big issue with trying to build it as you need a rather large armour or evasion shield to scale the damage which are either multiple exalts or there’s no good ones to trade for as it’s not to popular of a skill. Trying to craft my own each league has also been met with failure as my luck just sucks.

The skill is also a pain to scale on the tree as it only really goes up with flat attack damage flat damage phsycal damage and projectile damage unless you convert it. In blight I was converting it to lightning with an elementalist for all the golem buffs and it’s been the best I’ve got it so far.

Over all the skill is more trouble then it’s worth to build around as scaling it is a massive pain in the ass but I just can’t help my self the whole bouncing and exploding shields just speaks to me.

I’m thinking going assassin and focusing on crit this league but have no idea if that will work well with it.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-12-10 at 07:15 PM.

Damn, that does look like a light hand at summoner nerfs. My necro should still be fine with minimal changes, my minion damage was completely bonkers to begin with so dropping it down a bit just means it will take me like 10 seconds to kill guardians rather than 6.

Will need to dig into the bow/melee changes more to see what I want to play next league. Still kinda leaning towards a bow character since I've still yet to level one above 20something.
    Same here. My Blight necro is the first char i have ever been able to bring up over lvl 90 - still have to even see a guardian or endgame boss anyway, but mapping is just a breeze. I think that if i run this league, i'll do a bow+minion user with the talents i listed above. Best of both worlds.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2687400

Patch Notes are up.

Yeah, its kinda weird seeing how good summoner was this league, that the nerfs are this small. Kinda reminds me of when Winter Orb got introduced, got a small nerf that got instantly negated by new support gems that made it even stronger and then getting the real heavy nerf 2 leagues later. The only "real" nerf is one less spectre, since you need a gem with level 25, which you only get with +gem level modifiers. Even then, the small damage loss is something that can be ignored, since everything else is still so good.

Only bow build I've ever played was Tornado Shot MF deadeye. Gotta look at most of the stuff myself.

*tips m'fedora*