Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    #SomeChanges

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That's because classic is in freefall. They made a mistake in enabling honor without the BGs and people are leaving in droves because of it. I don't know what blizzard expected tbh and even though they have rushed BGs into the game, the time it took shows they were unprepared. What I find funny is all of the effort people are doing farming honor where everyone thinks they have a shot at rank 14.
    Christ. Will you guys stop at nothing to paint this absolutely ridiculous fucking narrative that literally everything Blizzard does is a mistake?

This phase you guys are all bitching about was a part of Classic. Blizzard didn't want to introduce BGs right away not because they hate their players and intentionally want their game to die, but because it is a part of the Vanilla experience. Players were already leaving before we hit this phase. It seems, to me, that it's yet another example of players blaming things they don't like on players quitting when there is absolutely zero tangible evidence to support this theory.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-12-10 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    but because it is a part of the Vanilla experience.
    It was part of the Vanilla experience...
    ...for less than two months, because that's how long the honor system did exist without bg's.

You can argue whether something is truly part of the Vanilla experience or not, but they also released baseline Vanilla with 1.12 talents, 1.12 itemization and 1.12 quest content barring Silithus, despite that not technically being a part of the Vanilla experience as it wasn't released that way.

Blizzard wanted to show these Hillsbrad battles came into existance, which did initially happen, then it went off the rails once people started to camp FP, Boats, etc. for honor.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-12-10 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It was part of the Vanilla experience...
    ...for less than two months, because that's how long the honor system did exist without bg's.

You can argue whether something is truly part of the Vanilla experience or not, but they also released baseline Vanilla with 1.12 talents, 1.12 itemization and 1.12 quest content barring Silithus, despite that not technically being a part of the Vanilla experience as it wasn't released that way.

Blizzard wanted to show these Hillsbrad battles came into existance, which did initially happen, then it went off the rails once people started to camp FP, Boats, etc. for honor.
    At some point Blizzard had to choose whether to recreate Vanilla WoW as a 1:1 simulation from 2004 launch or choose a stable footing and do their best to give an authentic experience. This was debated to death when it was announced the latter choice is the direction Blizzard decided to take. Considering how stupidly broken early WoW patches were, I think it's easy to see why they chose 1.12 as the blueprint.

That said, there is always the law of unforseen consequences. I doubt Blizzard is completely happy with the sperglords corpse camping 24/7 just because they can. But that isn't a Blizzard issue. Moreover, Blizzard has always been pretty hands off when it comes to allowing the community to sort itself out in W-PvP. They don't broadcast H:A realm populations for this exact reason. It's why paid realm transfers haven't been introduced yet. Blizzard, as a developer, seems to want these things types of issues to solve themselves rather than intervene with any of the innumerable half-assed solutions players love to suggest. (Mergers, faction specific queues, faction locking, etc.)

All that is to say that these aren't 100% Blizzard created issues and even though players may be negatively impacted by their hands off approach, it's fairly unfair to turn around and say they're doing shit on purpose because they have some perverted desire to watch their own creation burn to the ground.

Not happy about the cross realm BGs. Why would they keep that information secret for all this time and now reveal it?

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Not happy about the cross realm BGs. Why would they keep that information secret for all this time and now reveal it?
    You not keeping up with the news =/= they were keeping secrets.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...nds_confirmed/

Made in May.

- - - Updated - - -

Christ. Will you guys stop at nothing to paint this absolutely ridiculous fucking narrative that literally everything Blizzard does is a mistake?

This phase you guys are all bitching about was a part of Classic. Blizzard didn't want to introduce BGs right away not because they hate their players and intentionally want their game to die, but because it is a part of the Vanilla experience. Players were already leaving before we hit this phase. It seems, to me, that it's yet another example of players blaming things they don't like on players quitting when there is absolutely zero tangible evidence to support this theory.
    The "you think you do, but you don't"-line is indeed redeeming itself with every complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    "...ways that are contrary to the spirit of the game."

I hope this will not break LFG addon because we used that in vanilla too:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060708...s-lfg-mod.html
    That's exactly what is is designed to do, which will end up hurting the game in the long run....

Before addon users and those who didn't use it existed together seeing each others groups (addon posted in public channels), now those of us who were using the addon will just resort to using Discord to make groups and those who don't use discord will never see them. It's removing a part of the community from the game itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniffingPickles View Post
    they already are
    They aren't, though. Currently C_ChatInfo.SendAddonMessage can only send to "PARTY", "RAID", "GUILD", "BATTLEGROUND", "WHISPER", and "CHANNEL". Adding the ability to send them in "SAY" and "YELL" would open up cross-realm addon communication for any area where players are pulled into a space together without the need to target and send a whispers to one individual. RP addons would be able to share all RP data with players cross-realm en-mass. That would be very helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember paid server transfers being a part of Vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I don't remember paid server transfers being a part of Vanilla
    Yup, they game out during Naxx. PvE to PvP was disallowed and it had a 6 month cooldown.

IIRC, Blizz were going to release BGs together w/ the honour system, but it wasn't set in stone and they asked ppl for their opinions. And ofc players incessantly bitched about not having a period of pure wPvP w/o BGs like they had back in the day, and Blizz caved in. After all #NoChanges, amirite?

Turns out it's a shitty idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Were BGs cross-realm in vanilla? I think not. But then again I've never been a PVPer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Hmm. Were BGs cross-realm in vanilla? I think not. But then again I've never been a PVPer.
    as of 1.12 they were.

which kinda sucked cause the Alliance Premade I ran with almost never saw the Horde Premade anymore
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

We've known this before beta even came out.

edit: If they didn't have that, good luck with your 4 hours Queue on 8:1 ratio realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    not originally, then they were part of individual battle groups [which was 1.12]

remember in 1.12 new servers had just came out and no new ones would be with us until the 3 added in BC, wow was still filling up with more people blizz could keep track off.

although as a second class european, we have to wait until wednesday 11th december for our Bgs
    Last edited by deplorable; 2019-12-10 at 06:08 AM.

Sunday I waited for the 19 o'clock Onyxia buff, then rushed towards MC with literally hundred of other players. There was a long stream of Gryphons going for Thorium point, and a whole army of players riding towards Blackrock Mountain. I had troubles clicking on the Gryphon Master and the MC porter because there were so many people around.

Today on the forum: "cLaSsIc Is DyIng!!"

The only thing dying is PvE players laughing at PvP players because they complain for getting exactly what they signed up for. XD

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Turns out it's a shitty idea.
    Lots of "this should be like this" ideas are nice on paper and really shit in reality. But hey, if it works - players suggested it, if it doesn't - blizzard are shitheads. Always a easy way out for the neckbears.
    Some people just thought they did, but they didn't.

What do you mean "secret"? It's obvious they were going to do cross-realm BGs. Classic is based on 1.12, which was literally the cross-realm BG patch. It was one of the two main selling points for 1.12, the other being the pvp objectives for EPL towers and Silithus dust.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who thinks they release stuff too fast? As someone who can't neckbeard 10h/day it seems that people are falling behind.
    I assume it's done because otherwise those with too much free time will get bored and quit?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

3+ Year Old Account
    That Worgan hat would look quite genteel on my Tauren, so I do declare.