Poll: Best WoW Expansion of THIS decade?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatStroker View Post
    more of it existed in 2009 than in 2008 though it was out for all 12 months in 2009 and only 1/5 months in 2008 2009 wins.
    Thank you for acknowledging that WotLK was last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by luigisp View Post
    Thank you for acknowledging that WotLK was last decade.
    more of it existed in this decade than last so youre incorrect. 2008 is just a technicality. it came out in 2009.

more of it existed in 2009 than in 2008 though it was out for all 12 months in 2009 and only 1/5 months in 2008 2009 wins.
    Dude, it's still out. Are you blind?

Quote Originally Posted by GoatLicker View Post
    Dude, it's still out. Are you blind?
    well i know that but please dont presume my gender im not a "dude" and i find that offensive.

it was first out in 2009 though for the longest period of time. so thats what matters. more people played it in 2009 than now or in 2008.,

well i know that but please dont presume my gender im not a "dude" and i find that offensive.

it was first out in 2009 though for the longest period of time. so thats what matters. more people played it in 2009 than now or in 2008.,
    Are you a girl? We should hang out. Like I'll carry you, don't worry But like, I'm still leveling in it, and I see at least like 8 people so there's a lot of people playing it. I think it should count

Legion > Cata > MoP >>> BFA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WoD

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Cataclysm (Dec. 2010-Sept. 2012)
    Mists of Pandaria (Sept. 2012-Nov. 2014)
    Warlords of Draenor (Nov. 2014-Aug. 2016)
    Legion (Aug. 2016-Aug. 2018)
    Battle for Azeroth (Aug. 2018 - *Dec. 2020)
    * - ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 2020.

Which one was the best?

Anyways the GOAT expansion is Legion hands down followed tail gating close by Mists of Pandaria, GOAT. SR, as I call it.
    BFA for sure can't wait for shadowlands!

Quote Originally Posted by GoatLicker View Post
    Are you a girl? We should hang out. Like I'll carry you, don't worry But like, I'm still leveling in it, and I see at least like 8 people so there's a lot of people playing it. I think it should count
    i am now yes but wasnt before.

i can always use help but only from cute guys. i have a mount we can share

Easily MoP. Those raids kept me re-subbing. Even though didn't play every day, had most time /played since wrath.

i am now yes but wasnt before.

i can always use help but only from cute guys. i have a mount we can share
    I'm pretty cute I think is it the mount where you turn into that dog thing? I can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    Question is flawed. 2010-2020 is a decade.
    2010 to 2019.

I would say legion>warlords>mop>cata>classic>BFA.

Legion had easy access to good gear and the raids were pretty good. Legendary system ok.

Best raids if the lot. Would be not if it wasn't for the lack of other content.

Mop. Raids not as good but had more other options

Cata. Hated leveling and raids were meh. I actually stopped. Firelands was a shitshow and looked terrible.

BFA. In a raid team but have stopped raiding. Gear too easy to get. Neck system is boring. Lack of pugs to fill raid. Classes are not fun

Classic. Pretty boring actually. Have a 60 but it takes forever to do anything.at the moment it is slightly better than BFA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Only played Cata and MoP and they were my favorite 2 up until then.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Does your mom know you're a crackhead? Cataclysm is the ONLY WoW expansion I immediately quit playing as soon as I hit max level. I didn't run any of the raids. That entire expansion was a giant, steaming pile of dog shit.

For me, it's MoP > Legion > WoD > BfA > My Little Pony Island Adventure > Windows 10 > Ransomware > Cataclysm
    Sorry to break it to you but the world doesn't revolve around you, and your preferences are irrelevant to me.

BfA so far, Legion was absolute garbage, MoP was memorable but ultimately nothing to do for looong time.

to me Cata was pretty solid raid wide....even though everyone is trashing the last raid it had some interesting mechanics. Also, to me Firelands is in my top 10 raids of all time, starting from TBC....since I wasnt really a raider in Vanilla.

I did half of MoP and raid wise, it was pretty solid.....content wise, depending on the patch but as early raider and later casual i did enjoy for most of the time.

WoD could actually be remembered as a good expansion if the whole thing wasn't centered around Garrison, that killed the whole content with spending way too much time inside Garrison, if they made it more like a Farm in MoP, ppl would actually go and do things outside more. Plus the scrapping of I believe Shattrath raid?... just add more to the emptiness of the content, even though the last part with Hellfire Citadel raid was pretty good. But overall, pretty empty expansion. Hell, when i capped all my alts, they never left the Garrison until Legion came out, cuz there was just no incentive to go and do things.

Legion, i was not raiding at all, just once through LFR for the sake of story and yet outside raiding I had plenty stuff to do, so overall I liked it and ppl said that raids were good too....so I guess, it was a good expansion.

As for BfA, i think ppl are judging too harsh. The raids are pretty good, story is pretty good at least for the specific zones, even though overall storyline is kinda all over the place, but I find things to do all the time. I like pushing M+, so far all raids were pretty good, outside content is too much grinding the WQs that is true, but by far I don't consider BfA to be a failed expansion. There are some things I don't like, but I had that in every expansion.

For me its Legion > Mop = BfA > Cata > WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion
    Cata
    MoP (Loved the aesthetic, but quit once it was announced WoD wouldn't have flying)
    BFA
    WoD (Didn't play until the last month, to get ready for Legion)
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

1. MoP - greatly designed dungeons, great raids, grind was only reps, legendary cloak was fun but not tedious to get and pretty much everyone got it at the same time. Plus, I loved having that bright, green, peaceful Valley of the Four Winds zone right in the middle which kind of served as a calm center of the storm. Loved the concept of the challenge modes, where it was a singular difficulty, and awesome sets to go for. Reforging still in the game. The Sha were probably the weakest in terms of villainy, but Garrosh as an end boss was fucking great, even as Horde, imo.

2. Cata - probably the best dungeons on this list, pre-nerf. Some great raid bosses, but the last two tiers were way too short. Heroic Ragnaros for 500+ attempts is something I will never forget. A little bit annoying that rogues and casters were the only ones who got legendaries which overinflated how valuable they were, but I was biased, as a hunter. Introduction of LFR, which was necessary for the game even though I was a heroic (now called mythic) raider.

3. WoD - great raids. Still had CMs for cosmetics, but this time they were cool looking weapons. Big negative: the garrison, but at least it became a once a day check-in and not really relevant for anything endgame.

then waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below.

4. Legion - great raids. I might even think better raids than WoD. But the grind introduced in this expansion, yowsers. Especially the legendaries and AP. Legendaries were cool when you got them - but having like, 15 of them per class was awful. Perhaps the least friendly alt expansion ever. This is the expansion which killed my mythic raiding guild. Plus, the introduction of mythic+. While the dungeons themselves, especially at higher keys, were fun, the necessity of doing them, especially combined with the new ridiculousness of titanforging, was exhausting. The AP grind was endless and fucking awful. All in all, really killed my love for being a raider, because even though I loved the raids once we were in them, it was too much to deal with preparing for them outside of them. And as an officer and eventually GM of my guild, I had to constantly replace burned-out people (including my previous GM).

5. BfA. Same as Legion, but a far less interesting setting. I guess you don't have to grind for legendaries? Yay?

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP by an extremely large margin. There were no major problems in that expansion. Every other expansion on the list has major problems, some of them game-breaking (Titanforging, RNG, class design, lack of content, garrison prison, infinite grinds).

in Legion i had most fun ever storywise. loved every bit of it.

so, in order it goes like this Legion > Mists Of Pandaria > Cataclysm > Warlords Of Draenor > Battle For Azeroth
    Last edited by Lorathir; 2019-12-12 at 06:51 AM. Reason: accidental duplication

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm torn between Cataclysm or Draenor. Voted for Cataclysm, but both expansions were so good!