Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Horde Rank the Warlords in power

From top to bottom, how would you rank the Warlords of Draenor in terms of power?

1. Ner'zhul
    2. Gul'dan
    3. Grom Hellscream
    4. Blackhand
    5. Kargath Bladefist
    6. Durotan
    7. Kilrogg Deadeye

My logic; Ner'zhul holds the most power and knowledge, despite being relegated to a supporting role in the story. In a battle between him and Gul'dan, I think he would best his pupil, so it goes to say he is more powerful than Grom as well. Grom and Blackhand would be a good match, but Grom is too skilled and powerful, putting him above Blackhand. Blackhand I believe, is more powerful than Kargath, who in turn would edge out Durotan and Kilrogg as well given his savagery and experience in a gladiatorial arena. Durotan vs. Kilrogg would be hard to determine, but I think Durotan has the power, making Kilrogg the run of the litter.

Ner'zhul was a fool. Even in the original timeline he got overthrown by his pupil Gul'dan, and was then made a tool which lead to his own undoing, same as Gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Ner'zhul was a fool. Even in the original timeline he got overthrown by his pupil Gul'dan, and was then made a tool which lead to his own undoing, same as Gul'dan.
    Which Warlord wasn't a fool, though? All but Durotan became puppets to The Legion or fell to their own pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Which Warlord wasn't a fool, though? All but Durotan became puppets to The Legion or fell to their own pride.
    Orgrim did not. He was quite successful. If it wasn't for Gul'dan, he may have even destroyed Lordaeron. Unless we're discussing au draenor spexifically

People are overestemating Ner'zhul big times. Also, Blackhand was a goliath compared to Grommash. Even in the AU he made the most impressive figure for me.

1. Gul'dan
    2. Blackhand
    3. Ner'zhul
    4. Grommash
    5. Kargath
    6. Kil'rogg
    7. Durotan

AU Blackhand was a beast, there's no way he's ranked lower than Grom. As we saw in the Thrall vs Garrosh fight, basic physical prowess isn't everything. Blackhand could just bleed on Grom and Grom would die..painfully.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Orgrim did not. He was quite successful. If it wasn't for Gul'dan, he may have even destroyed Lordaeron. Unless we're discussing au draenor spexifically
    I'm very open to interpreting their powers and abilities in the main universe as well. But do you think Orgrim could defeat any of the aforementioned 7 Warlords in battle?

- - - Updated - - -
    @Vakna @Grazrug You really think Blackhand could beat Grom? I mean, yeah, Blackhand is bigger, and obviously more powerful but power isn't always everything, it's how you use it. Not to say Blackhand isn't skilled, but it seems like Grom is the more skilled, and his bursts of rage and power combined have proven deadly to Magtheridon in not one, but two timelines.To me Blackhand comes off as the strongest, and Grom comes off as the deadliest, and he one that walks away would be the one that can put down their opponent.

As for overestimating Ner'zhul? Perhaps, but Gul'dan while more cunning, and due to that, could ebst Ner'zhul with underhanded tactics, I just don't see his power surpassing Ner'zhul's, even by becoming Kil'jaeden's instrument, something Ner'zhul himself became, and to even greater power.

1. Ner'zhul
    2. Gul'dan
    3. Blackhand
    4. Grommash
    5. Kargath
    6. Kil'rogg
    7. Durotan

Ner'zhul was a fool.
    Does not matter in the context of strength.
    He is the being that broke a planet, i have not seen any mortal being do anything on that scale, even Jaina is a joke compaired to him.

I think it's worth mentioning that each Warlord was depicted differently throughout the game(s). E.g.: Blackhand seems a lot more powerful in WoD while Ner'zhul was basically irrelevant. As for Gul'Dan, which one? The Nighthold endboss is a pretty though guy.

In the overall Lore, yeah it should be Ner'zhul or Blackhand. Gul'dan is just fel-buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grelan View Post
    I think it's worth mentioning that each Warlord was depicted differently throughout the game(s). E.g.: Blackhand seems a lot more powerful in WoD while Ner'zhul was basically irrelevant. As for Gul'Dan, which one? The Nighthold endboss is a pretty though guy.
    Kind of leaving it up for player interpretation to rank MU or AU. I ranked AU myself just because I'm no expert on the MU Warlords; I didn't play the RT games, nor read any books with them. My knowledge of the MU counterparts extend to hearsay (obviously Ner'zhul became Lich King, Gul'dan was torn apart by demons and his skull taken by Illidan, Grom sacrificed himself to destroy Magtheridon, etc.)

I'm very open to interpreting their powers and abilities in the main universe as well. But do you think Orgrim could defeat any of the aforementioned 7 Warlords in battle?

- - - Updated - - -
    @Vakna @Grazrug You really think Blackhand could beat Grom? I mean, yeah, Blackhand is bigger, and obviously more powerful but power isn't always everything, it's how you use it. Not to say Blackhand isn't skilled, but it seems like Grom is the more skilled, and his bursts of rage and power combined have proven deadly to Magtheridon in not one, but two timelines.To me Blackhand comes off as the strongest, and Grom comes off as the deadliest, and he one that walks away would be the one that can put down their opponent.
    Not sure how powerful main universe Blackhand is, but AU Blackhand is literally infused with a fire elemental. He could cut himself and bleed molten lava all over Grom.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Not sure how powerful main universe Blackhand is, but AU Blackhand is literally infused with a fire elemental. He could cut himself and bleed molten lava all over Grom.
    Well assuming Grom just stood there, I guess it'd burn him to death, but I suppose even if Grom rams Gorehowl into Blackhand's face, Blackhand would spew molten lava all over Grom much like Magtheridon exploded and spewed fel all over when Grom stuck it in his head.

5+ Year Old Account
    AU Blackhand is powerful and above the others.

But eventually Nerzhul would have surpassed him with a void Naruu(if plans were not stopped).

Also what makes Grom extra powerful is his weapon that thing is on legendary weapon status. At least the AU one is.

Well assuming Grom just stood there, I guess it'd burn him to death, but I suppose even if Grom rams Gorehowl into Blackhand's face, Blackhand would spew molten lava all over Grom much like Magtheridon exploded and spewed fel all over when Grom stuck it in his head.
    Exactly, AU Blackhand is like the WoW version of Alien. If you try to kill him in melee combat, sure, you might (and I say MIGHT, because he is still a formidable warrior in his own right) be able to, but you're gonna die anyway.

You DO realise that Ner'zhul got owned and was forced to retreat by the player character single handedly in one of the final quests in shadowmoon valley right? Right before Velen sacrifices himself I believe?

I mean Gul'dan isnt really a warlord in the same sense, but if we include him, then yes, he is the most powerful. If not? Blackhand. A mountain of pure muscle infused with technology and elemental energies.
    An'u belore delen'na

If they have magic powers?? Rank higher. If they are strictly warriors? Rank lower. Look at ingame cinematic of Guldan vs Grom or Thrall vs Garrosh for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    You DO realise that Ner'zhul got owned and was forced to retreat by the player character single handedly in one of the final quests in shadowmoon valley right? Right before Velen sacrifices himself I believe?

I mean Gul'dan isnt really a warlord in the same sense, but if we include him, then yes, he is the most powerful. If not? Blackhand. A mountain of pure muscle infused with technology and elemental energies.
    I'd likely chalk that up to inconsistency from the quest design team, how else would it have taken 5 player characters to ultimately defeat him if he could have been soloed by one adventurer?

5+ Year Old Account
    From top to bottom, how would you rank the Warlords of Draenor in terms of power?

1. Ner'zhul
    2. Gul'dan
    3. Grom Hellscream
    4. Blackhand
    5. Kargath Bladefist
    6. Durotan
    7. Kilrogg Deadeye

My logic; Ner'zhul holds the most power and knowledge, despite being relegated to a supporting role in the story. In a battle between him and Gul'dan, I think he would best his pupil, so it goes to say he is more powerful than Grom as well. Grom and Blackhand would be a good match, but Grom is too skilled and powerful, putting him above Blackhand. Blackhand I believe, is more powerful than Kargath, who in turn would edge out Durotan and Kilrogg as well given his savagery and experience in a gladiatorial arena. Durotan vs. Kilrogg would be hard to determine, but I think Durotan has the power, making Kilrogg the run of the litter.
    move guldan to n1 amd nerzhul to 5
    yeast

One thing I'm curious about is how Blackhand didnt turn into lava rock when he dived in the water.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I'm curious about is how Blackhand didnt harden and turn into lava rock when he dived in the water.

@GreenJesus Another example of something cool not being practical or logical, besides two blades for both hands.