Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    1. Gul'dan (Fel buffed though, otherwise would be last)
    2. Grom Hellscream
    3. Blackhand
    4. Ner'zhul
    4. Kargath Bladefist
    5. Kilrogg Deadeye (Fel buffed Kilrogg would be 2nd)
    7. Durotan

I do think Grom is more powerful and a better warrior than Blackhand, but in the original timeline Blackhand was made Warchief due to Gul'dan's scheming and the Blackrock Clan having superior numbers over the Warsong Clan. When Garrosh intervened he made sure the Warsong Clan got on top though.

Ner'zhul is really powerful but it really depends on the circumstances. He broke Draenor in the original timeline but he did so using the Spellbook of Medivh and the Scepter of Sargeras. In the AU timeline he gets his powers from the Dark Star. So it really depends which powerful artifact he can get his hands on to buff himself. He could even top Gul'dan under the right circumstances.

Durotan isn't special, he's the weakest of them all. His strength is his ability to inspire his Clan to fight for him, unity is their power. They'll lose against a powerful magic user or a Clan of superior numbers though. Really the most boring.

Kilrogg we haven't seen much of to really determine, but on the other hand if he was really powerful we'd have seen it. So without the fel powers he'd only be slightly above Durotan. Kilrogg does have some twisted blood magic and shaman powers after all, Durotan just has his axe.

I think the list was about right, except like most folks I'd put Blackhand above Grom.

Basically the entire Iron Horde is being run by Blackhand. It's never fully explained how Grom ends up in charge, so I can only think that it's an alliance brokered by Garrosh. Offering the Iron Star tech to the Blackrock Orcs in exchange for the Howling Axe being placed in charge of the Iron Horde.

Even with all that we don't know who was really populating Hellfire Citadel before Gul'Dan wrecks it, but we do know that the Blackrock Foundry is a far more impressive edifice and base than the collection of huts in Nagrand (or was it Talador) that Grom gets his butt handed to him by Gul'Dan at.

So yeah, it seems to me that Blackhand is the true warchief and Grom is just kinda there.

I never played the Horde side, but from an alliance perspective Grom gets talked about as legend but he ain't much in the AU.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    1. Gul'dan (Fel buffed though, otherwise would be last)
    2. Grom Hellscream
    3. Blackhand
    4. Ner'zhul
    4. Kargath Bladefist
    5. Kilrogg Deadeye (Fel buffed Kilrogg would be 2nd)
    7. Durotan

I do think Grom is more powerful and a better warrior than Blackhand, but in the original timeline Blackhand was made Warchief due to Gul'dan's scheming and the Blackrock Clan having superior numbers over the Warsong Clan. When Garrosh intervened he made sure the Warsong Clan got on top though.

Ner'zhul is really powerful but it really depends on the circumstances. He broke Draenor in the original timeline but he did so using the Spellbook of Medivh and the Scepter of Sargeras. In the AU timeline he gets his powers from the Dark Star. So it really depends which powerful artifact he can get his hands on to buff himself. He could even top Gul'dan under the right circumstances.

Durotan isn't special, he's the weakest of them all. His strength is his ability to inspire his Clan to fight for him, unity is their power. They'll lose against a powerful magic user or a Clan of superior numbers though. Really the most boring.

Kilrogg we haven't seen much of to really determine, but on the other hand if he was really powerful we'd have seen it. So without the fel powers he'd only be slightly above Durotan. Kilrogg does have some twisted blood magic and shaman powers after all, Durotan just has his axe.
    Well in original timeline during battle of auchindoun same time when his outnumbered clan was getting slaughtered he managed slaughter alliance soldier and clear the space the same amount alliance took it by killing his men and same kilrogg kept danath at bay and he was by ner'zhul to be his bodyguard above kargath and other chieftains.

Also about ner'zhul during wod blizzcon they talked about shadowmoon shamans that strong/amazing shamand from us are just average shamans to shadowmoon and ner'zhuls is shaman of shamans for shadowmoon meaning he is extemely strong as a shaman in BtDP he forced the winds of draenor incapitate all wildhammer gryphon when they assaulted ner'zhuls forces in terokkar forrest.
    Last edited by Terongor; 2019-12-13 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well assuming Grom just stood there, I guess it'd burn him to death, but I suppose even if Grom rams Gorehowl into Blackhand's face, Blackhand would spew molten lava all over Grom much like Magtheridon exploded and spewed fel all over when Grom stuck it in his head.
    Psst it is Mannoroth not Magtheridon you filthy casual lore peasant!

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    You DO realise that Ner'zhul got owned and was forced to retreat by the player character single handedly in one of the final quests in shadowmoon valley right? Right before Velen sacrifices himself I believe?

I mean Gul'dan isnt really a warlord in the same sense, but if we include him, then yes, he is the most powerful. If not? Blackhand. A mountain of pure muscle infused with technology and elemental energies.
    You do realize the player character is more powerful than all these lore figures right? We've killed titans, old gods, dragon aspects, elemental lords, you name it...

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say Kargath is the strongest maybe second strongest after blackhand between the warriors, just due to having more 1v1 combat experience due to being a gladiator.

Guldan and nerzhul are easily 1 and 2 though...magic.

In terms of power, and not their AU versions:

1. Ner'zhul - His being became the most powerful being on Azeroth - The Lich King
    2. Gul'dan - nothing to add here
    3. Grom Hellscream - due to Fel infuse, otherwise Blackhand would make him squeal
    4. Blackhand
    5. Kargath
    6. Durotan
    7. Killrog

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    In terms of power, and not their AU versions:

1. Ner'zhul - His being became the most powerful being on Azeroth - The Lich King
    2. Gul'dan - nothing to add here
    3. Grom Hellscream - due to Fel infuse, otherwise Blackhand would make him squeal
    4. Blackhand
    5. Kargath
    6. Durotan
    7. Killrog
    Ehh Blizzard already stated years ago LK at the peak of his power would lose lei shen at the peak of his power and in lore it took lei shen 30 days and 30 nights to beat Xuen who isn't even the strongest wild god.

Which still puts LK below Lei shen, few wild gods and creatures stronger than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Psst it is Mannoroth not Magtheridon you filthy casual lore peasant!
    Oh snap, you're right! Grom killed Magtheridon, Mannoroth was the one whose demon juice they were sucking to make fel orcs! I stand corrected.

From top to bottom, how would you rank the Warlords of Draenor in terms of power?

1. Ner'zhul
    2. Gul'dan
    3. Grom Hellscream
    4. Blackhand
    5. Kargath Bladefist
    6. Durotan
    7. Kilrogg Deadeye

My logic; Ner'zhul holds the most power and knowledge, despite being relegated to a supporting role in the story. In a battle between him and Gul'dan, I think he would best his pupil, so it goes to say he is more powerful than Grom as well. Grom and Blackhand would be a good match, but Grom is too skilled and powerful, putting him above Blackhand. Blackhand I believe, is more powerful than Kargath, who in turn would edge out Durotan and Kilrogg as well given his savagery and experience in a gladiatorial arena. Durotan vs. Kilrogg would be hard to determine, but I think Durotan has the power, making Kilrogg the run of the litter.
    Top 3 is good.
    But then I would put it like this:

4. Blackhand = Kargath(Overly convincing Kargath-gladiator background to put him as a warrior below Blackhand)
    5.Killrogg(From the Lords of War, we see how strong young Kilrogg can be)
    6. Durotan

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh snap, you're right! Grom killed Magtheridon, Mannoroth was the one whose demon juice they were sucking to make fel orcs! I stand corrected.
    No. Grom killed Mannoroth twice, not Magtheridon.

Magtheridon was imprisoned in Hellfire Citadel in the original timeline, and MIA in AU

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    No. Grom killed Mannoroth twice, not Magtheridon.

Magtheridon was imprisoned in Hellfire Citadel in the original timeline, and MIA in AU
    Yeah, I suck.

all those four legged demons look the same!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I suck.

all those four legged demons look the same!!!
    Doesn't help both names start with M

If we count fel powered Gul'dan (green skin) shouldn't we count fel powered Kil'rogg as well?

And what about Blackhand? His original form from our timeline, or his Iron Horde armored version?

Assuming its just "their strongest form from WoD" then it would be:

1) Gul'dan
    2) Kil'rogg
    3) Blackhand
    4) Grom
    5) Kargath
    6) Durotan

With Ner'zhul being unknown, as we only fight him inside his pocket dimension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Kargath
    Grom
    Kilrogg
    Durotan
    Guldan
    Nerzhul
    Blackhand

That's in sexy power order.
    I approve of this ranking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    If we count fel powered Gul'dan (green skin) shouldn't we count fel powered Kil'rogg as well?

And what about Blackhand? His original form from our timeline, or his Iron Horde armored version?

Assuming its just "their strongest form from WoD" then it would be:

1) Gul'dan
    2) Kil'rogg
    3) Blackhand
    4) Grom
    5) Kargath
    6) Durotan

With Ner'zhul being unknown, as we only fight him inside his pocket dimension.
    To not mix universes, I'd leave it to poster discretion. My knowledge extends foremost to their AU counterparts who those are the ones I ranked, but of course ranking their MU selves is just as intriguing.

Which Warlord wasn't a fool, though? All but Durotan became puppets to The Legion or fell to their own pride.
    Durotan was quickly removed for that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    People are overestemating Ner'zhul big times. Also, Blackhand was a goliath compared to Grommash. Even in the AU he made the most impressive figure for me.

1. Gul'dan
    2. Blackhand
    3. Ner'zhul
    4. Grommash
    5. Kargath
    6. Kil'rogg
    7. Durotan
    Ner'zhul is very powerful spellcaster. He would know how to defeat Blackhand. I think it would look similar to Garrosh vs Thrall duel.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    1. Ner'zhul
    2. Gul'dan
    3. Blackhand
    4. Grommash
    5. Kargath
    6. Kil'rogg
    7. Durotan

Does not matter in the context of strength.
    He is the being that broke a planet, i have not seen any mortal being do anything on that scale, even Jaina is a joke compaired to him.
    He didn't break the planet with his sheer power though. He had those artifacts and used them at a key time of them being empowered to open portals. The portals in turn were too unstable and broke the world. Gul'dan could have easily done that too.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    He didn't break the planet with his sheer power though. He had those artifacts and used them at a key time of them being empowered to open portals. The portals in turn were too unstable and broke the world. Gul'dan could have easily done that too.
    Not. In "Beyond the Dark Portal" says that Nerzhul knew how to use with the magic of the Draenor since he knew the place where this magic is concentrated and how to direct it,because he was a shaman. Gul'dan was not a strong shaman, it seems he was not a shaman at all, based on get it Gul'dan such artifacts could not use them as productively as Nerzhul.

Quote Originally Posted by funcik View Post
    Not. In "Beyond the Dark Portal" says that Nerzhul knew how to use with the magic of the Draenor since he knew the place where this magic is concentrated and how to direct it,because he was a shaman. Gul'dan was not a strong shaman, it seems he was not a shaman at all, based on get it Gul'dan such artifacts could not use them as productively as Nerzhul.
    Maybe with the legion's knowledge he could, since they were able to manipulate the portals in such manner that Ner'zhul ended up with kj instead of other worlds

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Maybe with the legion's knowledge he could, since they were able to manipulate the portals in such manner that Ner'zhul ended up with kj instead of other worlds
    Maybe yes, maybe no...
    Last edited by funcik; 2019-12-13 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MU:

1. Kargath

2. Gul'Dan

3. Ner'zul

4. Killrogg

5. Grommash

6. Blackhand

7. Durotan

I put the pure warriors at the bottom, based on physical strength. Ner'zul might be a bit controvercial, but I'm not counting the Lich King, just the orc, as the Lich King didn't have much power without Arthas, he was subject to the Dreadlords and could only move to undermine them. Kargath is at the top, because he was the only one to ever become a fel orc, subject not only to the blood of Mannoroth but Magtheradon as well.

AU:

1. Gul'dan

2. Ner'zul

3. Blackhand

4. Killrogg

5. Grommash

6. Durotan

7. Kargath

The aid of Garrosh mixes things up a bit. With tech on his side, Blackhand rises a bit. Kargath, without any demon blood at all, is just a good fighter and nothing more. Ner'zul gains the power of a dark naaru, but pales against Gul'dan, who survives long enough to actually complete the goal of MU Gul'dan and gains great power from the Tomb of Sargeras.