Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    xD

Aye im not complaining there.

Still, the ideal way would be if allys realized that theres free honor 5 ppl could get on the way down while the other 30-35 rush straight for drekthar.
    Alliance are doing it the correct way. As the other poster said we all get the same honor so it doesnt matter, plus since we win most of the time by going right to drek we get bonus rep from token turn ins. I am 12k/21k to exalted without going hardcore. I would much rather be the alliance.

I never understood the "get rekt" saying. Why would I want to wreck myself? Shouldn't you, as the enemy faction, wreck me?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I never understood the "get rekt" saying. Why would I want to wreck myself? Shouldn't you, as the enemy faction, wreck me?
    What part of "get rekt" makes you think it's self inflicted? What a strange comment to make.

the other obvious parallel is get fukt

i'm not sure how to explain it, but it works

10+ Year Old Account
    Get rekt means someone else is wrecking you, as in "get wrecked more easily, scrub."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What part of "get rekt" makes you think it's self inflicted? What a strange comment to make.
    The "get" part?

The logical way would be "I'm going to wreck you."

Whoever says "get your ass kicked?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Get rekt means someone else is wrecking you, as in "get wrecked more easily, scrub."
    Uh... I guess that makes sense. I still miss "get ready to get PWNED."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    the other obvious parallel is get fukt

i'm not sure how to explain it, but it works
    Never had someone tell me the alternative of "get fukt" but had plenty of "fu's" and "go f yourself." Too many variations to keep track of.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Honor doesnt matter though, as long as all Alliance only get about 1k honor per AV, it got the same value as when hordes get 2-3k honor. Because honor is relative to how much others in your faction got that week.
    So horde ends up with hundred thousands daily, wheras alliance get's a 3rd of it, but in the end rank points are just based on how much the others have. I'd rather have the rush meta for horde to get to exalted 3 times as fast. Then be done with AV.
    Except seriously Ally rankers are doing WSG and getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-4x as much as Allies.

The Ally Rush method leaves them with the worst of all worlds.

They aren't getting as much Honor as the actual Ally Rankers, they aren't getting as much Rep as the Horde, theyre just getting more tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

The horde have a choke too..../ how is that unfair? Just because horde are too dumb to blizzard the ramp up to their base doesn't mean you can't do it.
    Except you dont have to go up that ramp.

There's a great post (its old, and no, im not your Google service) on Reddit where the guy compares Vanilla AV terrain and shows every way in which the Alliance has a massive advantage. Its quite long. He has pictures and video and everything.

And there is no way to skip that choke, pretty sure the horde can skip the bridge

Other way around.

*Warriors* can charge up the hill and skip the bridge. Everyone else has to take the bridge.

ANY Ally can ride straight to the Relief Hut without agro'ing a single NPC.

And our towers aren't actually defended by their NPCs (once you go inside, they cant shoot you), but Ally bunkers you have to clear all but one of the Archers (because they can shoot the flag).

And they have about 3x the range. You can be standing INSIDE Van's entrance and the South Bunker can still hit you - the South Bunker can range on the Aid Station flag and prevent caps.

The Horde towers cannot prevent caps at the Relief Hut.

Trust me, if you believe that it's an even match up, you're deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    still. 9/10times they get balinda be4 allys get galvan.
    Theyre closer to Bel than aly is to Galv lol. Are you dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    They aren't getting as much Honor as the actual Ally Rankers, they aren't getting as much Rep as the Horde, theyre just getting more tokens.
    This is the second time that Ive seen you make this assertion.. you understand that more badges = more rep, right?
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2019-12-13 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Alliance are doing it the correct way. As the other poster said we all get the same honor so it doesnt matter, plus since we win most of the time by going right to drek we get bonus rep from token turn ins. I am 12k/21k to exalted without going hardcore. I would much rather be the alliance.
    You actually aren't getting any "bonus rep".

Killing Galv, LTs, and Commanders (or, for Horde, Bal, etc) is actually equal to killing the enemy commander + 100.

So... by skipping them and heading straight for Drek, you're getting... almost exactly the same rep (getting the 100 from the token turn in)... except the Horde are getting the same rep... AND every 3 games getting another 100.

Except seriously Ally rankers are doing WSG and getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-4x as much as Allies.

The Ally Rush method leaves them with the worst of all worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

Except you dont have to go up that ramp.

There's a great post (its old, and no, im not your Google service) on Reddit where the guy compares Vanilla AV terrain and shows every way in which the Alliance has a massive advantage. Its quite long. He has pictures and video and everything.

Other way around.

*Warriors* can charge up the hill and skip the bridge. Everyone else has to take the bridge.

ANY Ally can ride straight to the Relief Hut without agro'ing a single NPC.

And our towers aren't actually defended by their NPCs (once you go inside, they cant shoot you), but Ally bunkers you have to clear all but one of the Archers (because they can shoot the flag).

And they have about 3x the range. You can be standing INSIDE Van's entrance and the South Bunker can still hit you - the South Bunker can range on the Aid Station flag and prevent caps.

The Horde towers cannot prevent caps at the Relief Hut.

Trust me, if you believe that it's an even match up, you're deluded.
    I know where horde can jump up...Do you know where alliance can jump up?

I don't believe u

The fact you didn't describe it says....No

Horde just go a bit south of aid station and they can jump up from the valley. To my knowledge there is no equivalent in the horde base...? I'm willing to have my eyes opened but for now i'm gonna call bulllllshit

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Theyre closer to Bel than aly is to Galv lol. Are you dumb?

This is the second time that Ive seen you make this assertion.. you understand that more badges = more rep, right?
    Actually, its roughly the same. We're talking a matter of seconds at best.

In all 20 of my games yesterday, Galv wasn't even killed once. Even in the 7 games that turned into Horde wins because after we got all the rep objectives, 20 guys trinketed back to FWK and wiped the allies. Even after losing momentum, they just milled around and STILL didn't go after rep/honor objectives. And lost.

You actually aren't getting any "bonus rep".

Killing Galv, LTs, and Commanders (or, for Horde, Bal, etc) is actually equal to killing the enemy commander + 100.

So... by skipping them and heading straight for Drek, you're getting... almost exactly the same rep (getting the 100 from the token turn in)... except the Horde are getting the same rep... AND every 3 games getting another 100.
    Reputation can be gained from the following sources during an Alterac Valley match:

Killing the enemy General (+389 reputation)
    Killing the enemy Captain (+125 reputation)
    Killing the enemy Lord (+125 reputation)
    Destroying an enemy tower (+12 reputation)
    Killing an enemy Lieutenant or Commander (+12 reputation each)
    Killing an enemy Air Master (+5 reputation)
    Killing an enemy guard (+5 reputation up to Honored)
    Killing an enemy player (+1 reputation)

At the end of the match, additional reputation is earned for the following conditions:

Enemy Captain killed (+36 reputation)
    Allied Captain still alive (+125 reputation)
    Enemy Tower(s) destroyed (+24 reputation each)
    Enemy Lieutenant(s) and Commander(s) killed (+12 reputation each)
    Controlled intact Tower(s) (+12 reputation each)
    Controlled Graveyards (+12 reputation each)
    Controlled Mine(s) (+12 reputation each)

Snip the rambling mess of confusion
    You are EXTREMELY confused.

In all 20 of my games yesterday, Galv wasn't even killed once.
    Idk if its true or not, but Ive been told Galv is bugged and not giving rep.

The "get" part?

The logical way would be "I'm going to wreck you."

Whoever says "get your ass kicked?"

- - - Updated - - -

Uh... I guess that makes sense. I still miss "get ready to get PWNED."

- - - Updated - - -

Never had someone tell me the alternative of "get fukt" but had plenty of "fu's" and "go f yourself." Too many variations to keep track of.
    i mean if you've never heard get fukt or fucked and you're from chicago idk what to say. I grew up where you live*

Very common

i mean if you've never heard get fukt or fucked and you're from chicago idk what to say. I grew up where you live*

Very common
    Never did, the other variations, yeah. I thought it was a New York or Jersey thing.

- - - Updated - - -

You are EXTREMELY confused.
    Next Alliance will tell me to "get confused."

Next Alliance will tell me to "get confused."
    They might say that yes, if they are causing the confusion.

They might say that yes, if they are causing the confusion.
    So if they want to kick my ass, they're going to say "get your ass kicked?"

Nah, they would probably just say "get rekt".

"Get Bamboozled ye Peasant!"
    /cast Rank 1 [Confusion]
    OT: Glad I quit Classic when I did, everyday the salt from AV threads alone is too much for my pea brain and popcorn bowl.