Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And even in terms of Shadowlands, all of the main Covenant races that could be playable candidates use player skeletons.
    Curious, curious. Almost as if Blizzard is anticipating a lot of requests to make them playable and wants to have their asses covered beforehand.
    Either that or it's simply because they save development time by reussing assets
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Either that or it's simply because they save development time by reussing assets
    Like they did with Sethrak and Kul Tirans- oh.

Come on blizzard, give me my slithery bois on the alliance! Sethrak for the Alliance!! We revive Sethraliss and she becomes the first alliance loa LETZ GOOOOOOOOO
    "Welcome to MMO-C, where most posters would rather play semantics, pick faults or just flat out fail at reading comprehension so they can argue with you over an issue that wasn't even in the original post."
    -Kronik85

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Come on blizzard, give me my slithery bois on the alliance! Sethrak for the Alliance!! We revive Sethraliss and she becomes the first alliance loa LETZ GOOOOOOOOO
    Hmmmm nop...i mean you odnt revive sethralis as alliancer you clearly do nothing as alliance expect same thing as horde but with less stuff plz read other posts before talking abotu sethrak again

Now something i owuld love to know is the time it take to do an ar how many times each step take how expensive it is etc

Like for exemple how many time it take to make armors works on mogu for exemple or how many times it take to make dance animaitons how many money it cost etc i would love to know all of this

Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    1. I don't think they'd ever be Alliance since while both factions help them, the Horde helps them more. It'd be as bad as the Nightborne debacle, x10.
    2. I don't think they're slated to be an Allied Race at all. Especially since both factions crave them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalendra View Post
    Hmmmm nop...i mean you odnt revive sethralis as alliancer you clearly do nothing as alliance expect same thing as horde but with less stuff plz read other posts before talking abotu sethrak again

Now something i owuld love to know is the time it take to do an ar how many times each step take how expensive it is etc

Like for exemple how many time it take to make armors works on mogu for exemple or how many times it take to make dance animaitons how many money it cost etc i would love to know all of this
    Since the Mogu use an already existing skeleton, the armor would fit the same as Draenei's armor.

For cost, I would imagine they have made a lot of improvements on animation and rigging to the point that the cost would be much more fixed. The real problems comes in when you have unique skeletons, such as the Kul'Tirans and the Mechgnomes.

1. I don't think they'd ever be Alliance since while both factions help them, the Horde helps them more. It'd be as bad as the Nightborne debacle, x10.
    2. I don't think they're slated to be an Allied Race at all. Especially since both factions crave them.
    They could always make the snakes neutral like Pandaren, but I think that is just a bad out. A lot of people want them, but a lot of people want Naga as well. We'll probably have to accept that they won't be on the race selection screen. I would like to see them still.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like they did with Sethrak and Kul Tirans- oh.
    Blizzard has reused skeletons for years like Mogu, Krokul, skinny Kul Tirans.... This is nothing new
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Blizzard has reused skeletons for years like Mogu, Krokul, skinny Kul Tirans.... This is nothing new
    I know, and a fair share of them have been non-player skeletons.
    The fact that literally all of the main Covenant races use player skeletons (specifically, 3 of them use Night Elves, one of them uses Draenei) is more than just suspect. Even if they have no concrete plans, it's fairly clear to see that they want to be safe in case there are a lot of requests for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nahrees View Post
    They could always make the snakes neutral like Pandaren, but I think that is just a bad out. A lot of people want them, but a lot of people want Naga as well. We'll probably have to accept that they won't be on the race selection screen. I would like to see them still.
    True but I still believe the Horde would consider neutral Sethrak a cop-out to appease Alliance fans, so it'd still cause complaints.
    That said, separate from the whole Sethrak thing, I do hope Blizzard considers making neutral Allied Races, especially if they ever do plan to make Covenant ARs.

I’m sure there’ll be more allied races, but I’m also sure they won’t happen before Shadowlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Oh please, vulpera were so much finished in the bfa 8.0 client already that it was obvious that they will be an allied race. But that's not the case for any other race in 8.3 at all. Do you really, really believe that they say: hey, we didn't say anything, but SURPRISE, here's something for free. We are talking about activision blizzard. Nope, there will be nothing coming. 8.3.5 (if such a patch even exist) will probably only have the leveling-revamp and the new zone in it, but that's all folks.
    the thing is they didn't plan to do allied races early in the expansion, maybe they will do on 9.2 or 9.3, nothing is out of the table yet

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    I’m sure there’ll be more allied races, but I’m also sure they won’t happen before Shadowlands.
    We might get a pair in 8.3.5 just to keep people playing until pre-patch, there are at least two slots still open, Undead and Worgen don't have their variant yet and Blizzard did say AR's was more of a BfA feature.

I know, and a fair share of them have been non-player skeletons.
    The fact that literally all of the main Covenant races use player skeletons (specifically, 3 of them use Night Elves, one of them uses Draenei) is more than just suspect. Even if they have no concrete plans, it's fairly clear to see that they want to be safe in case there are a lot of requests for them.

- - - Updated - - -

True but I still believe the Horde would consider neutral Sethrak a cop-out to appease Alliance fans, so it'd still cause complaints.
    That said, separate from the whole Sethrak thing, I do hope Blizzard considers making neutral Allied Races, especially if they ever do plan to make Covenant ARs.
    I think the Mogu would make the most sense for a neutral race. The Pandaren could introduce them as they will forgive all of the past aggression as long as they can move forward. Some of the Mogu would see each faction the same way the Pandaren do.

Personally, I think they would be Horde only as it would be the cross faction version of the Draenei skeleton. Lightborne Undead or Skinny Humans would be the Undead skeleton for the Alliance.

Ravendrath use the Nelf skeleton and the Ardenwald people use female Draenei. Who is the third race? Kyrians? They look unique to me.

My guess is there will be an 8.4 this time around with a filler raid that takes place in Icecrown where we are stopping large undead creatures who are running wild. This will be when they introduce Lightforged Undead and San'layn as Allied races which would fit the theme going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalendra View Post

Imagine this, the faithful Sethrak are pretty neutral with a weakened Sethraliss in 8.3.5, at this moment, Zandalar is craving for its former power, the queen is new, Rezan is dead and the rest of the loa weakened due to 8.1 raid, there are no high priests and little worshippers. Talanji, in an effort to restore Zandalar, starts conscripting her people to become adherents to the loa so that their powers are restored and convinces all loa that there will be worshippers if they join Zandalar. They approach the faithful and Sethraliss, she wants nothing to do with that, she wants no additional worshippers and much less be forced to fight, so the faithful decline, Zandalar starts presuring them to join and the faithful turn to the rest of the horde races to support their case, the answer is, "you should join", the Vulpera are already part of the horde and turn a blind eye from Zandalari pressure. The faithful turn to the alliance for help now that the war is over, the alliance responds supporting the faithful and against Zandalari pressure, since both factions are spent, rising tensions are no longer an option, so the Zandalari stand down, thankful, the faithless say they will join the alliance, with the condition that Sethraliss will be allowed to rest and recover, and only those willing will fight in whatever conflict they are needed.

Its a tenous pact between the sethrak and the alliance, gives room for development and understanding, perhaps Malfurion could help Sethraliss recover, that will make the sethrak fully into the alliance and create additional story arcs for them.
    "Welcome to MMO-C, where most posters would rather play semantics, pick faults or just flat out fail at reading comprehension so they can argue with you over an issue that wasn't even in the original post."
    -Kronik85

I think the Mogu would make the most sense for a neutral race. The Pandaren could introduce them as they will forgive all of the past aggression as long as they can move forward. Some of the Mogu would see each faction the same way the Pandaren do.

Personally, I think they would be Horde only as it would be the cross faction version of the Draenei skeleton. Lightborne Undead or Skinny Humans would be the Undead skeleton for the Alliance.

Ravendrath use the Nelf skeleton and the Ardenwald people use female Draenei. Who is the third race? Kyrians? They look unique to me.
    I think Mogu would be fine as a Horde thing since Blizzard can't make Hozen playable without putting in a lot of work. (Kul Tiran amounts or more) With Ankoan for the Alliance. Hopefully the whole Lightforged Undead notion dies now that Calia is said to not be Horde or Alliance overtly. Mind you, with Shadowlands coming out, there is little they could really give them to set them apart from regular Forsaken anyway, and they'd feel almost as bad as Void Elves.

Necrolords (with the wide Nightborne/Zandalari stance) and Venthyr Night Elf (regular NE stance)
    Faun Draenei female.

Kyrians are most likely the Vrykul skeleton. So yeah, there is an exception.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2019-12-13 at 07:51 PM.

I think Mogu would be fine as a Horde thing since Blizzard can't make Hozen playable without putting in a lot of work. (Kul Tiran amounts or more) With Ankoan for the Alliance. Hopefully the whole Lightforged Undead notion dies now that Calia is said to not be Horde or Alliance overtly. Mind you, with Shadowlands coming out, there is little they could really give them to set them apart from regular Forsaken anyway, and they'd feel almost as bad as Void Elves.

Necrolords (with the wide Nightborne/Zandalari stance) and Venthyr Night Elf (regular NE stance)
    Faun Draenei female.

Kyrians are most likely the Vrykul skeleton. So yeah, there is an exception.
    As much as I would like to play Hozen, yeah, I doubt we get them. It may be that I don't know the demand, but I don't see the Jinyu/Ankoan being a race. They seem boring to me, but that's just my opinion and not the view of the community.

I think Lightforged Undead are still on the table, but it depends on how unique of a character they want Calia to be. Void Elves are by far the most hamfisted into the game race, but that's an entirely different discussion and not very relevant.

Stance is really hard to judge. In the video, the one Necrolord is talking and raises his arms outward, which isn't the same as the Nightborne/Zandalari talking emote. I think they have a unique skeleton. I never considered them a potential race, but I guess they could be on the table, but less so than some of the other convenents.

As much as I would like to play Hozen, yeah, I doubt we get them. It may be that I don't know the demand, but I don't see the Jinyu/Ankoan being a race. They seem boring to me, but that's just my opinion and not the view of the community.

I think Lightforged Undead are still on the table, but it depends on how unique of a character they want Calia to be. Void Elves are by far the most hamfisted into the game race, but that's an entirely different discussion and not very relevant.

Stance is really hard to judge. In the video, the one Necrolord is talking and raises his arms outward, which isn't the same as the Nightborne/Zandalari talking emote. I think they have a unique skeleton. I never considered them a potential race, but I guess they could be on the table, but less so than some of the other convenents.
    But what would Lightforged Forsaken really add, basically? If Ankoan, being Deepsea Samurai Anglerfish people with biolumescent spots are boring, then what is not boring about another Lightforged race, and it just being holy Forsaken or humans with a skin condition (It'd still have to use the Forsaken skeleton for the logic Lightforged Forsaken proponents use to work) that came out of nowhere, really, and doesn't have much other than "We're holy undead."

And the Necrolord was using the emotetalkquestion emote, not the emotetalk. Their standing stance also seems like the wider Nightborne stance, and considering that other than the idle stance, they share emotes with Night Elves, which fits with the /question animation, I'm fairly sure they're that.

Kyrians I thought were actually Night Elves/Nightborne too, but then I looked at the sit, stance and the way they look around during their idle. That's definitely female Vrykul (for both male and female Kyrians)

If they make Covenant Allied Races, I feel like the best way to go with them is all four of them. And also neutral. Personally, I'd love to play a Necrolord, basically a Lich-y dude.

But what would Lightforged Forsaken really add, basically? If Ankoan, being Deepsea Samurai Anglerfish people with biolumescent spots are boring, then what is not boring about another Lightforged race, and it just being holy Forsaken or humans with a skin condition (It'd still have to use the Forsaken skeleton for the logic Lightforged Forsaken proponents use to work) that came out of nowhere, really, and doesn't have much other than "We're holy undead."

And the Necrolord was using the emotetalkquestion emote, not the emotetalk. Their standing stance also seems like the wider Nightborne stance, and considering that other than the idle stance, they share emotes with Night Elves, which fits with the /question animation, I'm fairly sure they're that.

Kyrians I thought were actually Night Elves/Nightborne too, but then I looked at the sit, stance and the way they look around during their idle. That's definitely female Vrykul (for both male and female Kyrians)

If they make Covenant Allied Races, I feel like the best way to go with them is all four of them. And also neutral. Personally, I'd love to play a Necrolord, basically a Lich-y dude.
    I haven't taken my time and looked at the Ankoan, so its my lack of knowledge on them and me basing them completely off of the Jinyu, which I do not like. Biolumescents being a customization option would be pretty cool. I have an obvious bias towards Lightforge Undead because I like the concept of using white/light magic to re-animate a corpse. Its also a story aspect with the Void hating undeath and the Alliance against the Forsaken, so it would be a way for the Alliance to combat the Void by raising people through the Light.

You could make the Lightforged Undead be a little more unique and make them almost flesh golem constructs that are bound together with light. Instead of the bones jutting out of the shoulders, elbows, and knees; have light magic swirling in those spots instead. I think its just a good counter to the blight and dark Forsaken and adds the skeleton to the other side.

And I see the emote similarity now. I skipped over it and thought it was simply the talk emote. I could easily see them adding the covenants to the race list, but how many Nelf skeleton races do we need? Spot on with the Vykrul skeletons being used for the Kyrians. Any way we can implement the Vykrul as a playable race I am 100% for.

5+ Year Old Account
    You know, they technically haven't reused the regular human skeleton yet. And since Alliance has too many humans already, how about Horde Alteraci using the human skeleton? Something like this, but without the thin human skeleton on the male:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-(Fan-Concept)

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Rump View Post
    You know, they technically haven't reused the regular human skeleton yet. And since Alliance has too many humans already, how about Horde Alteraci using the human skeleton? Something like this, but without the thin human skeleton on the male:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-(Fan-Concept)
    As it stands, I don't see any potential races that could fit the Horde thematically and use the Human skeleton. The concept is the skinny human, which uses the Undead skeleton.