Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really enjoy the 1-60 experience in Classic, but I don't care for the endgame at all. Not really my thing, but I'm happy it's there.

Nothing new under the sun.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    At one point in the video he quotes somebody else saying "the modern gamer is optimizing the fun right out of the game". I was shocked at how many people came into Classic WoW treating it like a super race to experience as a narrow tunnel running as fast as possible. People...it's a 15 year old game that has already been figured out 6 ways from Sunday, slow down, have fun and meet some of those great people that have a personality beyond just this game.
    This is exactly what i did. I played a Priest in vanilla, and loved it. This time i made a mage so i could level super fast and raid. I quit at 47. Thinking about finding a new server and starting a new priest.

Its a fun game

An arcade sub game to retail.

Also, only good with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    I really enjoy the 1-60 experience in Classic, but I don't care for the endgame at all. Not really my thing, but I'm happy it's there.
    The end game was definitely better in BC and WotLK, but i'll still take the oddities and eccentricities of Classic over the social desert that retail has become.

At one point in the video he quotes somebody else saying "the modern gamer is optimizing the fun right out of the game". I was shocked at how many people came into Classic WoW treating it like a super race to experience as a narrow tunnel running as fast as possible. People...it's a 15 year old game that has already been figured out 6 ways from Sunday, slow down, have fun and meet some of those great people that have a personality beyond just this game.
    Saying slow down and enjoy the view for a racer. While the view might be worth slowing down, racer is driven by the goal of being the best racer. Who is to say that it is not fun?

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    "Been there, done that."
    This, but only when BC servers come around.

I'll still play as classes will be so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by mersow View Post
    Grind for gear, not for madeup bullshit.
    I hate to tell you, but it's all made up bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    "Who could have seen this coming?"

The fact that the game will be overoptimized and suffer under this has been mentioned years ago from anyone that remembers the original run and is aware how WoW is played nowadays.
    The answer to who could have seen this coming is anyone with a brain. The answer to who did see this coming is anyone that wasn't blinded by nostalgia.

OT: It went exactly like I thought it would. I played until I got too bored, and I got too bored exactly where I thought I would.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Saying slow down and enjoy the view for a racer. While the view might be worth slowing down, racer is driven by the goal of being the best racer. Who is to say that it is not fun?
    When there is no fun to be had otherwise, fun can be found in optimization(or randomization, but WoW doesn't really support that). There's a reason those two things are so popular on streaming sites. WoW Classic isn't being called classic because it's vanilla. It's because it's a literal classic game like any other game from 15+ years ago you still remember. What do people do with those games? Randomize and/or speedrun them.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Why play an rpg if you are going to race?, you might as well play retail or a shooter like fortnite that serves the racer mentality better.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    I don’t play either, both communities are toxic.

Plus a lot of people don’t have anything going for them, they just complain about work and then they play wow to escape.

I rather hang out with people doing things for their life.
    Maybe it's you.

- - - Updated - - -

Why play an rpg if you are going to race?, you might as well play retail or a shooter like fortnite that serves the racer mentality better.
    You are ignorant of the concept of a speed run I guess.

"Been there, done that."
    Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Feels like a pointless retreading of some really dated gameplay. I'm happy it exists, but I'm not going to be playing it.

The end game was definitely better in BC and WotLK, but i'll still take the oddities and eccentricities of Classic over the social desert that retail has become.
    For sure, man. I really enjoyed the endgame of BC, especially considering that's when I started playing, Lol. I'd play Classic over retail, I just don't think either are really for me right now.

Raidlogging for a few hours a week. Probably gonna drop it after a bwl clear.
    Was originally planning to play all the way through naxx, but now I just don't see myself living through the bore for that long. Besides, Shadowlands and 8.3 look pretty good.

At least I'm not hunting down people in a game i don't play just to tell them there game sucks...of course you just prove that retail people are more toxic than Classic.
    I play classic, not retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium Romanum View Post
    An arcade sub game to retail.

Also, only good with friends.
    I think both games are much better with friends, but I find there is substantially more to do with a small group in retail vs classic.

I find the core gameplay mechanics in classic extremely simple and frankly, boring, which is why the social aspect is very important. It certainly has SOME things going for it, but small group content was never one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’d rather level to 120 32 times in retail than level to 60 once in Classic. Despite the old world being fresh to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    you want to play with others everywhere

bigger focus on the journey
    Not according to these forums, and players taking advantage of every trick and exploit to get the journey over as fast as possible. For some it might be true, but I don't think it's a sizable part of the player base.

"Been there, done that."
    This - It feels like going back to a school/workplace after you've graduated/left.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Horde players are worse than we could have ever imagined

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Raidlogging for a few hours a week. Probably gonna drop it after a bwl clear.
    Was originally planning to play all the way through naxx, but now I just don't see myself living through the bore for that long. Besides, Shadowlands and 8.3 look pretty good.
    This sounds exactly where I'm at, except that I don't even feel like raid logging anymore. I wanted to wait for the later raids, but I don't think I'll stay interested long enough for that.