Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Don't get me wrong here...I don't support what Trump did in any way. But to impeach him for it? I don't think so.
    Oh please you are one of Trump's biggest cheerleaders.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Oh please you are one of Trump's biggest cheerleaders.
    You'll notice that when he was asked what it would take for him to support impeachment, he refused to answer... twice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Of course I care, because I don't like racists and fascists. I have no desire to vote for them. You firmly believe in supporting them, and that is why such a gap will not be bridged. We are two fundamentally different people. You are going to swear you cannot shift ideas when speaking about people, and that is simply wrong. I don't support racists and fascists, and that is an incomprehensible stance for you.
    This is a blind-spot in how you are thinking about the issue. What you are not realizing is that the aspect you don't like about fascists is the *fascist ideas*. If they don't have that idea you wouldn't or at least shouldn't care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    This is a blind-spot in your thinking. What you are not realizing is that the aspect you don't like about fascists is the *fascist ideas*. If they don't have that idea you wouldn't or at least shouldn't care anymore.
    It's not a blind spot, racists do racist things, and fascists do fascist things. So, I would never vote for them, even if they promised me shit I want, because they would inevitably push those fascist and racist ideals, whatever they were.

Hence why you said you'd vote for Hitler, when he promised you what you wanted, and I would not. I don't tend to trust racist and fascists, you clearly do.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    Another 4 years of Trump with another scotus pick. The future is looking very nice.
    if it happens you can expect the democrats to expand the SCotUS to more seats to fix this horrible future.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

It's not bribery. And if anyone is playing a semantics game here...it's you.
    You. Are. Lying.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not a blind spot, racists do racist things, and fascists do fascist things. So, I would never vote for them, even if they promised me shit I want, because they would inevitably push those fascist and racist ideals, whatever they were.

Hence why you said you'd vote for Hitler, when he promised you what you wanted, and I would not. I don't tend to trust racist and fascists, you clearly do.
    Right so you said 'things' here, that's correct. The racist 'things' are the problem.

Yep I win. I said it was based on the policy idea. Smart people talk about ideas, dumb people talk about people.
    This is about politics though, not scientist offering their ideas or anything like that. A smart person should very much also consider the people, just as much as the ideas. Focusing only on one strikes me just as foolish as focusing on the other. Politics is not a simple system where you vote for a person and then simply get those ideas, after all. Talking about the person is essential in figuring out some of the pertinent questions in play, for example:
    - will the person in question actually follow through with the idea?
    - what other ideas will that person seek to implement that they might not even be talking about here?
    - does the person have the acumen to work with others and get it implemented?
    - is the person flexible enough to react to issues that might crop up with the ideas you like?
    All of those would be important. And knowing about the person can help you get an indication as to what is more likely. If the person is a known liar and cheater, then maybe the ideas should not be taken at face value. If the person is a pushover, they will probably fail at negotiations. And yeah, since you brought up the Hitler card yourself - if that person hates certain groups of people and has written books about harming them, then maybe they will implement some bad ideas regarding those people as well, even if they don't talk about them yet.

In politics, you cannot divorce policy ideas from the candidate that makes them completely, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Next? Republicans will blindly defend Trump no matter what. We'll get another year of bad behavior, law breaking, and scandals.

Trump won't actually get anything meaningful and positive accomplished, just like the last three years. Basically a lot of chaos in order to distract from how much of a criminal Trump is.
    No it will be worse because if he is reelected he will be able to do whatever the fuck he wants without having to worry about what t he voters think. If you think it is bad now it will only get worse especially if someone smarter than a bowl of soup manages to have influence over Trump.

Right so you said 'things' here, that's correct. The racist 'things' are the problem.
    And racist people. People are things.

I'm glad you agree.

It's a shame you support those things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    This is about politics though, not scientist offering their ideas or anything like that. A smart person should very much also consider the people, just as much as the ideas. Focusing only on one strikes me just as foolish as focusing on the other. Politics is not a simple system where you vote for a person and then simply get those ideas, after all. Talking about the person is essential in figuring out some of the pertinent questions in play, for example:
    - will the person in question actually follow through with the idea?
    - what other ideas will that person seek to implement that they might not even be talking about here?
    - does the person have the acumen to work with others and get it implemented?
    - is the person flexible enough to react to issues that might crop up with the ideas you like?
    All of those would be important. And knowing about the person can help you get an indication as to what is more likely. If the person is a known liar and cheater, then maybe the ideas should not be taken at face value. If the person is a pushover, they will probably fail at negotiations. And yeah, since you brought up the Hitler card yourself - if that person hates certain groups of people and has written books about harming them, then maybe they will implement some bad ideas regarding those people as well, even if they don't talk about them yet.

In politics, you cannot divorce policy ideas from the candidate that makes them completely, in my opinion.
    Nope this almost entirely wrong. A person is 100% driven by the ideas in their head. If you don't like someone then it would have to be about the ideas 100% of the time. Unless you are prejudice of course and judge them based on personal characteristics that they had no control over.

I did NOT endorse his behavior...and I explicitly stated the opposite to you. Is your reading comprehension really that abysmal?
    You endorse his behavior whenever you claim he did nothing impeachable. You lie about the articles of impeachment and you twist things around to defend your dear leader. There are no reading comprehension issues here you are just really shitty at trolling and lying.

Nope this almost entirely wrong. A person is 100% driven by the ideas in their head. If you don't like someone then it would have to be about the ideas 100% of the time. Unless you are prejudice of course and judge them based on personal characteristics that they had no control over.
    And you said you'd support Hitler, a guy who was "driven" by all those things in his head to murder millions of people.

Man, this just got awkward for you.

Trump engages in enough racist behavior all on his own. But, he also hires and keeps on people like Stephen Miller.

It is a 100% proven fact at this point that Trump and his administration are racists that find joy in torturing brown people. Not only have some of those people died so far, but many thousands more have permanent physical and mental damage on top of still (and in some cases forever) separated from their families.

You can't support Trump and pretend that you either aren't racist or, at the very least, don't give a shit about racists abusing thousands of people and getting some of the killed.

Do you honestly believe that anyone who has a shred of empathy is going to look at these actions and vote for Trump? This is one reason why he's lost voters since 2016.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2019-12-14 at 10:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    And racist people. People are things.

I'm glad you agree.

It's a shame you support those things.
    It's fine because in the context of your last post it was referencing their actions. Actions/behaviors are also fine to judge because those are 100% driven by ideas/theory. Before someone can do something bad they must first have a theory that then tells them how to behave. Theory -> behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It won’t pass the Senate so it doesn’t matter. It’s just a waste of time and money. If anything it increases his chance to be re-elected in the Fall. If you can’t beat him impeach him!
    The point of this isn't to remove him from office. He should be removed from office but everyone involved knows that isn't going happen. The point is to shine a light on the corruption and betrayal of not only the Constitution but American values by Trump and his administration. It is a warning shot to any president who thinks he will be able to get away with this because Trump was able to get away with it (well at least until Trump leaves office in handcuffs as he most certainly will whether it is 2020 or 2024).

It's fine because in the context of your last post it was referencing their actions. Actions/behaviors are also fine to judge because those are 100% driven by ideas/theory. Before someone can do something bad they must first have a theory that then tells them how to behave. Theory -> behavior.
    So, when you said you would vote for Hitler, it means you are fine with all those ideas that led to him killing millions of people...

Great to now what ideas you support. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    He gets acquitted in the Senate and now the House is at risk in 2020.

Dems might be doing the right thing but they've never been good at the optics game.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it.

Look at some of the farmers who have been badly affected by the tariffs. Many/some are still sticking with him because they think it's their patriotic duty to weather this storm. And if the deal with China is close, the Dems won't even have that to attack him with.
    The optics game? Trump is a fucking traitor and a criminal and a con man. He is allying himself with those who do not have the best interests of the United States in mind with their agendas not to mention his complete refusal to address climate change and work with other nations to address it. My god his official campaign posted pics of his head on Greta Thunberg's body on the Time magazine cover and actually fucking posted it after his wife bitched about their son Baron being insulted and bullied by a comment that reflected on Trump directly and not his son. No if anyone has bad optics here it is Trump.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2019-12-14 at 11:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    And you said you'd support Hitler, a guy who was "driven" by all those things in his head to murder millions of people.
    I'm saying support or don't support somebody because of their *policy ideas* in the present moment.

Man, this just got awkward for you.
    Again don't worry about me as a person. We're here for the ideas, we're not here to talk about Machismo or PC2.

I'm saying support or don't support somebody because of their *policy ideas* in the present moment.
    Yeah, that's not how things work. Especially during elections. Politicians can say they support all kinds of policies, doesn't mean they actually do. You vote for the person as much as you vote for the policies they claim to represent.

Someone with a history of lying and scamming people is something that actually does matter when voting.