Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Why in the world would they try to do this again? When it's so obvious that they'd be better off making an animated movie? Unrealistic animation in the over-the-top style of DOOM: Eternal would look way cooler than this ugly crap

Just from the trailer alone it'll be worse than the original DOOM movie, and that's kinda hilarious. They might as well have not even made it, it's going to flop and at best break even. Which given what the cast and quality of the movie looks like from the trailer, I'm not surprised.

As I said, if me, someone who don't like shooters and real life guns, think that the BFG looks like a toy, it's not a good sign. (Then again, it's not like the BFG was aiming for realism…)

This looks like something Universal shit out just to keep the Doom film rights. I wonder if Fox needed to release the Fantastic Four films in theaters in order to keep the rights because this seems like it would have been a smarter and cheaper movie to do something like this. And honestly I hate a bad direct to dvd film less than I a bad movie released in theaters atleast I might watch this once or twice if it ever shows up on tv while I'd never watch FANT4STIC if it was on.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    This looks like something Universal shit out just to keep the Doom film rights. I wonder if Fox needed to release the Fantastic Four films in theaters in order to keep the rights because this seems like it would have been a smarter and cheaper movie to do something like this. And honestly I hate a bad direct to dvd film less than I a bad movie released in theaters atleast I might watch this once or twice if it ever shows up on tv while I'd never watch FANT4STIC if it was on.
    FANT4STIC was actually a better movie than this one,I mean they both suck,but Doom Annihilation sucks just a little harder.

I watched this yesterday, you can find it on torrent already. It.is.bad. As bad as they come... bad acting, plot, dialogues, CGI... jesus, the '''demons''' for half of the movie are just bald zombie scientists reusing the same mask, and when the supposed actual demons shows up, its clearly just a guy wearing a bad rubber costume from a halloween store. The first Doom movie was actually enjoyable comparared to this one.

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    hmf...wasn't this particular trailer posted earlier...somewhere? To be released direct-to-video if I recall.
    Usually if it's direct to DVD, it's bound to be shit. In this case, it is. And not just because of the casting choices, but because it's a low budget film with no respect for the franchise as a whole. Whoever thought it was a good idea needs a swift kick in the dick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Just from the trailer alone it'll be worse than the original DOOM movie, and that's kinda hilarious. They might as well have not even made it, it's going to flop and at best break even. Which given what the cast and quality of the movie looks like from the trailer, I'm not surprised.
    The Room movie with The Rock is typical C grade entertainment. This is the equivalent of an F grade film. I've seen better films made by high school students.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That awkward moment when you realised some Ok'd the release of this movie with the Doom Brand name on it..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As some one who knows nothing about doom I enjoyed the first movie. This one just looks cheap though.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Going for the oldschool vibe with a limited budget, it could go either way.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    As I said, if me, someone who don't like shooters and real life guns, think that the BFG looks like a toy, it's not a good sign. (Then again, it's not like the BFG was aiming for realism…)
    If you look at how the MC moves the weapon itself, it moves like it's 2 lbs of plastic. If you've ever had to carry around an M2 (I'm sure some others here have had to do that), the gun w/o the tripod alone weighs over 80lbs, and volume-wise it still looks way smaller than the BFG in the clip. All hand-waiving sci-fi materials/components aside, there's a really high probability that it would still weigh a decent amount. Regardless, it looks like someone lifting a boulder in a movie that's made of foam, and there's no attempt to pretend it has weight.

I think I mentioned this in another thread with some other movies, but other than the guns the props/settings/clothing are way too sterile. The clothes in the clip all look like they were just taken off the clothing rack: there's zero sign that the clothes have ever been worn before at any point. The aliens look like they're plastic, it literally looks like in some parts humans in plastic skin suits. If you look at the rooms and the props all around, they all look like the paint finished drying a couple hours before the scene was shot, and that the janitor finished polishing the metal props right after the paint had dried. Now, I'd like to think the trailer is a pre-production preview, so film editing hasn't been done to do touch-ups to add wear-and-tear and clean up video to make it more realistic/believable... but I'm not holding my breath.

In general, this is a flaw that I've seen in a bunch of movies recently: there's so many glaring issues that a person's suspension of disbelief gets broken all the time, making the experience not enjoyable. With my physics/engineering background, it sometimes makes it harder to suspend my disbelief when it comes to those matters, but films like these don't even seem to be making an effort to make things believable enough that some hand-waving science can be overlooked. The trailer is just littered with things that would break my suspension of disbelief that I'd don't look forward to this movie at all. Just looks like a cash grab and/or the majority of the production doesn't really care. What separates this trailer from the previous DOOM movie is that the previous movie shows that at least some people actually cared about the movie and the franchise while the trailer doesn't give me that impression at all.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

For reference, what DOOM actually looks like:

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

People these days just dont realize that movies based on great games just shouldnt be done, let the games tell the story, if you want more, ask for comics or books.

Seems like the movie follows Bethesda quality requirements.

This Doom movie looks just as bad as the last one was.

Quote Originally Posted by Project 501D13R View Post
    This Doom movie looks just as bad as the last one was.
    I acually enjoyed the first one, was it amazing no but it was alright atleast. This just looks like a joke.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Wow this was bad... they somehow managed to make it worse than the 1st one.

They event went so far to show the corpse of the Doom guy (playable character)...

10+ Year Old Account
    Event Horizon is still the best Doom movie we'll ever have it seems :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post

Keep on shitposting, shitposter.
    Funny how when I post stuff like this I get infracted.

Necroing threads isn't allowed. Infracted.

Closing this.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-12-15 at 07:55 AM.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!