Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The OP is talking about transferring OFF the PVP servers, not to them. So either transferring to carebear servers or to PVP servers with the factions so imbalanced, you never get ganked.

This was the same as back in the day so as to stop players from Leveling, gank-free, on a PVE realm, then transferring to a PVP server at max level so they could gank/grief lowbies.
    So you can transfer PVP to PVE but not the other way around? (I dont know, I never cared enough to look into transferring)

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Horde players are just better face it..

Join the horde

or

unsub?

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard only opened paid xfers because they want to MAKE MONEY bro didn't you get the MEMO. MMO-C.com keyboard warriahs at didn't DM you to let you know yet fam? ;D
    yeah. im sure the horde are enjoying the ever increasing queue times for bgs. would be better if there were no allinace at all huh?

Remember a while back when people complained about to few servers? Imagine if Blizzard and the players just had sticked out the queue situation a bit..

Now we are back to a major issue that were in retail. Many dead servers or insane faction imbalance. It was expected and no one should be surprised.

That one faction also spend alot of time griefing the other faction by camping a city is no shock either, the game encourage it(especially during phase 2 before bg).

So either quit, pay for xfer or live with your server being shite. THats how it was for years in retail before they "fixed" it.

Yeah it sucks, but thats how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I don't think Classic needs Blizzard's help to fade out - it's design can be very self-destructive by default.
    i mean, wows playerbase is shit. they will ruin whatever is in front of them and then go and complain that ists blizzards fault on the forums.

kind of like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    No, when Blizzard introduces LFD and LFR, THEN you can say it's trying to kill Classic.
    Well, you're not getting any new raids so you won't have that problem. And since there will be no Burning Crusade, more than 1-10% of the player base will see the inside of Naxxramas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I think Horde killed WoW Classic.

/Discuss
    Not horde. Its Asmongold. He just pissed off the horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So you can transfer PVP to PVE but not the other way around? (I dont know, I never cared enough to look into transferring)
    Yeah, from PVP server you can transfer to another PVP server or to a PVE server. I did that in retail. (PVP to PVE)

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Blizzard, of course, could prevent horribly unbalanced servers by not allowing Horde characters to move to Horde dominated servers, but instead they do nothing.

Lel. Free char transfers weren't used, so now it's also paid. People don't want to be worked with and moan over everything Blizz does.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it tbh, now I can move my character to a better realm and I'm more likely to keep giving Blizzard $15/mo. At no point was starting over ever a thing that I would consider.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    No, when Blizzard introduces LFD and LFR, THEN you can say it's trying to kill Classic.
    The irony because without those Classic is dead soon anyways.

Threads like this should be bannable.

Fuck this mentality. Blizzard isn't trying to "kill" their game. This stupid fucking mentality that they are is infinitely more toxic than anything Blizzard does or doesn't do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Blizzard, of course, could prevent horribly unbalanced servers by not allowing Horde characters to move to Horde dominated servers, but instead they do nothing.
    Have they ever done so in the past? At any point?

Nope. You know why? It's not important. Server faction imbalance is a PLAYER issue, not a Blizzard issue.

Disagree, it's the hordes fault not blizzards. I usually love jumping on the blizzard hate wagon as they deserve it but this is solely down to player choice. Horde players picked horde to not be on the smaller, weaker faction in a game where the number of players matters more than skill in open world pvp. Horde players picked the path of least resistance and have in turn ruined any chance of a balanced pvp scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Bu...bu..but I thought Classic was the greatest thing since sliced bread why would there be low pop/desolate servers? Isn't everyone and their mothers playing Classic like you guys predicted there would be?

Shouldn't blizzard need to open more servers? Since I remember ya'll complaining there wasn't enough to meet demand? Whats this complaining about servers dying and classic dying?
    Classic has more players per day than retail. Prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    actually, I am 100% certain blizzard could "fix" this issue in about 10 seconds. They have the activity / population data for every server. Just start balance merging. Pick a server with a 90/10% Alliance/Horde ratio and merge it with a 10/90% server. Boom, instant server balance. Just go down the list until you run out of servers to merge, and you will be left with servers with only an imbalance on one faction. Then just lock those servers so nobody can make new characters on the dominant faction until population balance hits a certain threshold (like 60/40 or something).

Of course, this will never happen, but I guarantee you blizzard could do it in a heartbeat if they wanted to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    actually, I am 100% certain blizzard could "fix" this issue in about 10 seconds. They have the activity / population data for every server. Just start balance merging. Pick a server with a 90/10% Alliance/Horde ratio and merge it with a 10/90% server. Boom, instant server balance. Just go down the list until you run out of servers to merge, and you will be left with servers with only an imbalance on one faction. Then just lock those servers so nobody can make new characters on the dominant faction until population balance hits a certain threshold (like 60/40 or something).

Of course, this will never happen, but I guarantee you blizzard could do it in a heartbeat if they wanted to.
    Of course they could... however, you'd end up with multple forums being flooded by pvp'er tears over how Blizzard broke their server.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Classic has more players per day than retail. Prove me wrong
    You made the claim, providing proof is on you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes the game is dead how will it ever recover oh the humanity why are blizzard such heartless monsters intent on destroying their own game over and over and over again

/s
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I think Horde killed WoW Classic.

/Discuss
    I am a bit late to the whole PvP party/drama, why is it the Horde? is there something that happened or is it purely a snowball effect?

Oh, if only. But the truth is the playerbase itself has done a better job of killing this game than Blizz ever could have. It's honestly fascinating to watch.