Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Ready for this? It's a lot of reading.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...070201743.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#64ff86e94f25

https://kotaku.com/the-contemptible-...ople-d-5957810

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...r_coverage.php

There's four examples of what I said occurring right there. There is zero reason to think this doesn't happen in other industries, especially one that's very similar to the gaming industry structurally (films have publishers, content creation studios, etc just like video games).

Also, to save space because you made two separate posts quoting me: TLJ suffered from a ton of issues in terms of pacing, structure, and plot, all of which have been nitpicked far beyond death. The film could have been great, but it was not. It was a mediocre film that fell flat, and thus it failed to deliver on what would otherwise be interesting thematic literacy. If the basic nature of the film is poor, it will be unable to deliver on higher-level themes. And TLJ certainly falls into that camp. It tried, and failed.
    I have heard of some cases for it happening in video game journalism, but it's relatively few cases, and game journalists are usually on smaller sites, and it's a smaller industry. I don't know how many more movie reviewers are out there compared to video game reviewers, but it's probably a lot, and a lot of them have homes at pretty big and established publications. Even if a couple of people were bribed, it would be impossible to do on a large enough scale, and if somebody told, the studio and anybody who did accept would be toasted, so I assume the risk wouldn't be worth it unless the bribe is ridiculously big. It's all pretty hypothetical, at the end of the day, if reviewers [I]had/I] been bribed to say, like TLJ on a massive scale, why is Rise of Skywalker getting less good reviews, Bob the accountant forgot to send the checks?

And the other bit, that's a fair opinion, I'm just not one of the ones who agree with that assessment.

meh the reviews look shit, think ill save my money this time, wasted enough of it on the last 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Lmao

Heelvsbaby face is a fucking piece of shit. The movie sucked but I wouldnt take anything from him

Like what a bitter angry man, his entire channel is dedicating to finding things to be angry about. He needs to get some pussy
    Him being him that might take a while.. I mean why else do you think he's such a bitter pathetic little man?

Lmao

Heelvsbaby face is a fucking piece of shit. The movie sucked but I wouldnt take anything from him

Like what a bitter angry man, his entire channel is dedicating to finding things to be angry about. He needs to get some pussy
    Finding things to be angry about? Sounds like the entire mainstream media.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Yet the critics were all wrong about the TLJ. I wish you people would make up your mind.
    I'll take audience consensus over critics when the critics say a movie is good or bad, but the critics seem to be echoing the opinion of the audiences and fans at the moment. A rare occurence

Lmao

He has a wife and daughter
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Mmmm, even audience polling as they come out of the theatres isn't great......most are still on a high from seeing the movie, and most people tend to be favorable to things they spent money on.

But it's certainly better than RT or imdb "reviews" which have no verification of whether a person actually saw the movie.

This film had no hope. Rey, Poe and Finn are all boring as fuck. I'm happy pretending everything outside of the original trilogy bar Rogue One never happened.

Luke used the force to determine the time when to fire, thus he used more than just timing. It's literally the dialog in the same scene.
    "I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home." - Luke
    Wasn't 100% the force.

I dont expect this to be good, but it is really funny seeing people who haven't seen the movie giving it 0 stars lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    That movie has been bashed, broiled, flamed and roasted for month - no, two years! - by people who had not seen a minute of it and whose purpose in life seems to have been to destroy the last episode of the franchise they idolize. That was not criticism. When you are going to see a movie expecting to get shit, you will look for shit and that's all you'll get. I prefer to go watch that movie with an open mind. I will probably have fun with my 15 bucks (even if I dislike some parts) while you will feel miserable for the same amount...
    And none of that changes my point. You are lumping anyone critical of the movie into the "being negative" category. If I don't like spicy food and someone suggests I eat Habanaro flavored wings am I being negative for saying, nah doesn't sound good to me and here is why?

Where you are wrong is I won't be spending my $15 to be miserable because I'm going to save my time and money by not going at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Luke used the force to determine the time when to fire, thus he used more than just timing. It's literally the dialog in the same scene.
    That's literally what I said... it was a matter of timing and he used the force to aid his timing. But when it comes down to it, it was just a matter of timing. When red leader almost made the shot he did it with the aid of the targeting computer, but all the targeting computer did was tell him when to shoot, its the same thing. Both characters relied on something else to help with the timing of their shot.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    This film had no hope. Rey, Poe and Finn are all boring as fuck. I'm happy pretending everything outside of the original trilogy bar Rogue One never happened.
    Yeah, even the "bad guy" is lame af.

At least the old stuff had Darth Vader.
    Kinda difficult to give such a character charisma, but he did have that much going for him.

So...

What if the movie doesn't suck?
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Revan will likely end up canon at some point. He was ALMOST in TCW; they even had a CGI model and everything built but then the show was cancelled.
    it was. the final season is suppose to be releasing at some point. they have shown a few trailers already
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Just came back, after discussing the movie with friends. I'll keep it spoiler free.

Was it great? No. Was it terrible? No. It was ok. It was an ok end to the continuation of a story that didn't need continuing.

There are a few questions that the movie answers, and a few it creates. A good chunk of its beginning felt as if it was supposed to be Last Jedis story that they now had to add for the finale to make sense.

Would I reccomend it? Eh. This is difficult to answer. It's not a retread of an existing movie, like Force Awakens was, except for some of the parts where it is. Even though I still despise Last Jedi, I don't like a few of the cheap shots it takes at that movie. You made that, you don't get to riddicule it.

The actors did great. All of them. Arts department and visuals also outdid themselves. Soundtrack is great. I like the saber fights, they felt like a good mix inbetween Prequels and Sequels. Not as much unnecessary spinning and flicking, more meaningful strokes.

They do spend a decent chunk of time expositioning... which is a little sad. Still, the movie didn't feel like 2.5 hours.

If anything, the movie underlined that the entire sequel think was a mistake, to begin with. They should have written their own stories, instead of trying to continue one that was already finished.

So, if you enjoyed Last Jedi, but didn't enjoy TFA, this movie isn't for you.

If you enjoyed TFA, but hated Last Jedi, like me, you'll be entertained. You'll see the flaws, but you'll be entertained.

If you don't like Star Wars then wtf are you doing in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    it was. the final season is suppose to be releasing at some point. they have shown a few trailers already
    Feb 2020. my disney+ account confirms this
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Are the people upset the story isn't good people who went in unaware this is the writer of Batman vs Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    but if both sides are magic gifted then everything is lazy and boring no?
    There's a difference between being gifted by the force and being "force sensitive" on the levels Anakin, Luke, and later Rey are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Said duality only exist because there are two religions based on being born with magic powers fighting over destiny. Starwars isn’t some deep ying yang show case it’s a bunch of wizards arguing over who has the better magic and Trying to kill each other.

Starwars for the most part has just used duality as a backdrop with little actual thought put into it.
    Thank you for proving my point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    No... just no... that is complete bullshit. The two are completely unrelated.
    Let's just say the world is glad you don't write.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Are the people upset the story isn't good people who went in unaware this is the writer of Batman vs Superman?
    Well just like batman vs superman, this is also 3 stories crammed inside a single movie. It checks out. But they do have an excuse, its not like the last Jedi gave them actual material to work with. The villain died, the resistance died, No one has any particular goals left to do?
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-12-19 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    This is just flat out wrong because the story isnt about HOW they got that power. The story is what they chose to do with that power.

My point was being tall doesnt mean you will be great at basketball. Being fast doesnt mean you will be an Olympic running. Having the force doesnt mean you will be a good kind hearted person who wants to protect innocent people and topple an evil empire. Having a gift in and of itself is meaningless. Its actions that matter.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the core of the vast majority of human writing/story telling. Superman - lazy writing. The matrix - lazy writing. Sherlock Holmes - lazy writing. Hercules - lazy writing. This is the most rediculous stance I have read in a long time.
    Idk about the others but Superman has an explanation for his vast power. He's an alien race who functions wildly differently under Earth's forces of nature.

Anakin, Luke, Rey on the other hand? They're as good as they are simply because when they were born the force decided to like them more. That's shit writing.

Quit jumping to conclusions and putting words in my mouth because I'm calling out something you are clearly blindly biased to. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Yeah I heard about that just recently in fact; but the timeline for the final season coming out doesn't change that Revan never appeared because it was cancelled.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation