Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I agree with this 100%. I think this is where democrats are failing right now in general, all over the place. Even leftwing commentators.

The left has this noble idea that if you do the right thing and follow the process correctly, everything will work out. Trump will get either removed or voted out of office, for example, or some mythical historian in the future will write well of what we do here.

But that's not really the case. Even if that historian does that, it doesn't mean things will go well. Historians wrote about what a shitlord Christopher Columbus was for hundreds of years. We only just stopped celebrating him within the last decade, and even that's not universal.

The left needs to fight shitlords on their own terms or it's just going to get worse. Trump didn't win on accident, and kindly asking people to stop believing 4chan memes and telling them over and over to do the "right thing" doesn't actually work.
    Agreed. Democrats need to stop bringing cupcakes to a knife fight. There's too much at stake, and they're too far behind for this shit anymore, since they were busy playing by rules and norms while Republicans were kneecapping democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Clearly the timing of Trump committing impeachable offenses is the Democrats' fault.
    If the Democrats just stopped trying to run for President, Trump wouldn't have to ask foreign countries to interfere in our elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    If the Democrats just stopped trying to run for President, Trump wouldn't have to ask foreign countries to interfere in our elections.
    We should probably just impeach ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Yet they don't. At least one concept of the ideology is universally true (history is written by the winners), no matter what idealistic views you have of Democracy.
    History used to be written by the winners, because they were the survivors. In the current age where you have millions upon millions of observers through social media and the internet as a whole, history is written by everyone, especially since conflicts don't tend to lead to the decimation of an entire group of people anymore.

Agreed. Democrats need to stop bringing cupcakes to a knife fight. There's too much at stake, and they're too far behind for this shit anymore, since they were busy playing by rules and norms while Republicans were kneecapping democracy.
    well, you don't defend democracy by continuing to kill it. what needs to be done is codifying these rules instead of relying on "gentleman's agreements".
    or bring back dueling, i'd be for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should probably just impeach ourselves.
    We should impeach Hillary Clinton!

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    well, you don't defend democracy by continuing to kill it. what needs to be done is codifying these rules instead of relying on "gentleman's agreements".
    or bring back dueling, i'd be for that.
    To re-quote the article:

"I don’t think we can restore order by respecting rules that are not respected by Republicans. I do believe we’ll have to find a way to end this procedural war at some point, but now is not that time. Republicans need to know what it’s like to be on the other end of normative violations. The Republicans are behaving like a party that believes it will never be held accountable for anything they’re doing, and so far they haven’t been.

That has to change before we can fix this mess."

In other words, today is not that day.

- - - Updated - - -

We should impeach Hillary Clinton!
    Did we not do that yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    History used to be written by the winners, because they were the survivors. In the current age where you have millions upon millions of observers through social media and the internet as a whole, history is written by everyone, especially since conflicts don't tend to lead to the decimation of an entire group of people anymore.
    Not that there aren't many Trump supporters trying to go back to that, what with all the mass shootings, MAGABombers and optimism for a civil war.

LOL, "in the current age" that's lasted all of about 30 years and could change drastically at any moment. Don't get too comfortable. There were thousands of years of rougher times before what you've grown up in.
    LOL all you want it's the age we live in now, no amount of your condescension can change that. I can't comment on what will happen in the next few years.

But what you seem to be suggesting is either that entire groups of people will be wiped out and can therefore not contribute to the historical narrative or that the internet will cease to function. Neither of those things seem plausible.

5+ Year Old Account
    LOL, "in the current age" that's lasted all of about 30 years and could change drastically at any moment. Don't get too comfortable. There were thousands of years of rougher times before what you've grown up in.
    What’s the point of your reply other than stating the obvious of life can end at any moment?

Also No where in his latest post does he mention being “comfortable”.

To re-quote the article:

"I don’t think we can restore order by respecting rules that are not respected by Republicans. I do believe we’ll have to find a way to end this procedural war at some point, but now is not that time. Republicans need to know what it’s like to be on the other end of normative violations. The Republicans are behaving like a party that believes it will never be held accountable for anything they’re doing, and so far they haven’t been.

That has to change before we can fix this mess."

In other words, today is not that day.

- - - Updated - - -

Did we not do that yet?
    thats what i mean, right now there is no actual consequence for breaking "norms". thats basically mitch mconnel's entire political playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Remember when you said that the kid diddler would get the senate seat?

And LOL, using a fanatical site as a source
    Are you saying those are not the 29 trump district democrats that voted for impeachment? Good bye to 90% of those seats. This time next year we can start pushing for eliminating roe v wade we will have so much power. Maybe even free ak47 giveaways rofl. Y'all fucked up bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    A president getting impeached not too far from election day and having it drag on all year long should, in a normal scenario, be a death knell.
    Should it be? Why? Because you happen to like the guy?

I'm so tired of hearing people lament the state of things but only when applying it to Trump and his allies being punished.

The fact that impeachment worked shows that our system is still healthy and can function. The reason the impeachment process is taking so long is because Democrats are trying to whittle down the number of articles they want to present against him due to how many crimes he's committing lol.

Cut it with the "woe is us our country is ruined" just because Trump is finally being punished by the systems set in place by our Constitution. Its so transparent.

Not that there aren't many Trump supporters trying to go back to that, what with all the mass shootings, MAGABombers and optimism for a civil war.
    There will always be zealots. But nothing short of a nuclear holocaust that destroys huge swathes of the world and takes out the entire internet is going to effect the age of the internet where everyone everywhere can contribute to or discuss the current political climate and therefore lend themselves to the overall historical narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    As easy as Clinton winning a third term as you seem to believe happened? Yeah nobody takes anything you say seriously.
    This time next year we will have all 3 branches of government and probably another supreme court justice when RGB dies. Just warning you now.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    thats what i mean, right now there is no actual consequence for breaking "norms". thats basically mitch mconnel's entire political playbook.
    Are you agreeing or disagreeing, because that's what the whole article is about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    This time next year we will have all 3 branches of government and probably another supreme court justice when RGB dies. Just warning you now.
    Lol, sure thing Champ, just like Like Clinton’s third term.

SNIP
    You know it's very telling that I mentioned the server your reaction wasn't well why does it matter Trump doesn't do anything illegal it will be regular stuff on it but you go this is really bad stuff you are wishing to come out.

5+ Year Old Account
    That reply can be taken many different ways, not just about armed conflict. For instance, the internet could be a completely different place in 5 years with the right/wrong legislation. Don't count on things staying the same.
    Seeing how fast technology is changing now it would foolish and almost childish to assume things will stay the same in the next 5 years.

In just the last 10 years so much has changed such as Social media for an example.

The power and influence that platform has is almost unbelievable.

I feel kinda bad for people who don’t like change.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Are you saying those are not the 29 trump district democrats that voted for impeachment? Good bye to 90% of those seats. This time next year we can start pushing for eliminating roe v wade we will have so much power. Maybe even free ak47 giveaways rofl. Y'all fucked up bad.
    Lol, Renember, this is from someone who believes Bill Clinton had 3 terms