Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "Only one hope remains: using the repaired titan forges to eradicate the Corruptor once and for all."

ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Just like all of the other Old Gods; DEAD and GONE, forever. Permanently.

Only echos might remain, as with the others. But not the actual Old Gods, who are DEAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I love how Allied Race Death Knights are considered content to you, just goes to show how pitiful wow has become. Vulpera and Mechagnomes, how is this content? You play a different skin, that's literally it.

Ashjra'Kamas is content.
    Corrupted gear is content
    Operation Mechagon isn't content
    Essences lol. It's extending the grind, no new content.
    Class changes aren't content
    Auction house improvements aren't content.

The new content is the cape and the raid. Pretty fucking pitiful for a major patch.
    It’s something that’s being added to the game that’s new, thus it’s content - that’s just facts. Just because *you* don’t view it as what content is or should be then that’s tough, you don’t get to decide the definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    Matching story? Drinking the Blizzard marketing Kool Aid, eh? Kul Tirans and Zandalari were released in 8.1.5 while their reps were available at launch and the leveling story was about helping them. Delaying them until after the raid was purely artificial. Similarly, Vulpera rep was available since launch and there's absolutely no additional story build up that brings them into the Horde.

They're being added so that there's more content for the patch, but it's not actually new content. Only Mechagnomes could be excused as being appropriate timing but that's still an additional patch away from their relevancy. Worgen and Goblins got no additional changes during 8.2.5 testing and all the Mechagnome assets were available at 8.2's release. It's an artificial delay to fill later content patches.

Adding for story reasons would be nice for an RPG, but that's not what's happening here at all.
    If you actually played the story, or even paid attention for that matter, you’d see why the story was more than just their reps. The Battle for Dazar’alor was clearly the point where the trust was ultimately earned to the point where they wanted to join the horde or alliance - it made total sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Ah yes, a patch that brings a single raid and nothing else with it.

What? Don't pretend new WQs and those shitty "story" quests are new content.

On a side note, will be skipping this patch. I encourage many others to do so because this patch is just an embarrassing spit in the face to not only we the players, but WoW's previous writers too.

If this is your cup of tea though, then sure. Go play and enjoy it. Not telling you not to.
    So quests arnt content?
    Scenarios arnt content?
    What?
    So literally by your definition the ONLY THING that is new content, is raids..?

- - - Updated - - -

It's nothing for raiders too. We make our progression through once and immediately stop right after. There's no reason to farm gear from raids this expansion because the gear sucks compared to M+ and world content gear. Progression is over within a month.
    i mean the gear in this raid is literally better then M+ gear but k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    More world quests and invasions aren't content as they take up 15mins ever 5 days or whatever the rotation is but hopefully the visions will be non time gated and you can play them more than once a week without being capped on rewards.
    i mean
    1. takes up more then 15 mins
    2. so content is not content if its short?
    3. capped on rewards? there is no cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    really disappointed to see no account wide essences.
    account wide essences wont fix the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Well this thread went from 0 to full retard real quick. Every news post on MMO-C is a cockfight nowadays.
    I feel like this quote is so profound it could become the MMO-C banner. /s (jk might steal it for sig later)
    I'm optimistic for this patch, I only got into Mythic Raiding halfway into BoD and don't feel burnt out yet, should be a fun time.

Ah yes, a patch that brings a single raid and nothing else with it.

What? Don't pretend new WQs and those shitty "story" quests are new content.

On a side note, will be skipping this patch. I encourage many others to do so because this patch is just an embarrassing spit in the face to not only we the players, but WoW's previous writers too.

If this is your cup of tea though, then sure. Go play and enjoy it. Not telling you not to.
    Can't wait to race change my priest to vulpera.

- - - Updated - - -

Operation Mechagon isn't content.
    I would argue, M+ mechagon is actually removing content. that place is going to be cancer, though having a shot at almost mythic ilvl set rings will probably make it very successful

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    nice but i still need my stupid mythic font
    Just get lucky TF in LFR 4head
    Is Font even going to be good in 8.3? For my class the Font is replaced day 1 of the new season with any M+ trinket over 460 which will be easily attained.
    Razor Coral however, that PoS might last me til Shadow Lands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Can't wait to race change my priest to vulpera.

- - - Updated - - -

I would argue, M+ mechagon is actually removing content. that place is going to be cancer.
    Same, race changing my Hunter to Vulpera despite the dps loss. 0 hecks given.
    As to Mechagon M+, yeah I'm NOT looking forward to farming that shit non-stop at +15 fishing for BiS rings either

I look forward to the Mythic World First Race and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    really disappointed to see no account wide essences.
    That was never going to happen lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    In reality, he doesn’t have a point. They’re not just putting out one single raid, which is a standard thing for them to do and is nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to raid tiers (in terms of patches) anyway.

The way the Allied Races have been released is down to matching the story with them. Sure, they could just release them with no tie ins to the game at all, but I think people forget the RPG element to WoW being an MMORPG.

They’re adding more than just one raid - the entire patch is not just a raid, thus he has zero point.
    Yep i agree he has zero point hes just crying for the sake of crying now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Just get lucky TF in LFR 4head
    Is Font even going to be good in 8.3? For my class the Font is replaced day 1 of the new season with any M+ trinket over 460 which will be easily attained.
    Razor Coral however, that PoS might last me til Shadow Lands.

- - - Updated - - -

Same, race changing my Hunter to Vulpera despite the dps loss. 0 hecks given.
    As to Mechagon M+, yeah I'm NOT looking forward to farming that shit non-stop at +15 fishing for BiS rings either
    For fire mage i dont think it will be replaced but i dont know yet

10+ Year Old Account
    I can’t wait to log in and see Nyalotha. I wonder if it will be a big sprawling zone or two or three put together like Argus was. Couldn’t give a shit about the raid as all raids feel the exact same structurely since MoP but Nyalotha is a zone I’ve been looking forward to setting foot in since WotLK first mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sowyer View Post
    So when do we start farming +15 mythic. on mythic opening week or heroic ?
    Will be Mythic week when the season kicks off. Heroic week a 10 will get you max rewards the following.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm this is strange....but is it wise to release it at this date really? because the date is damn close to the official release of Warcraft III reforged at 28/29 of Jan 2020. Which means the players will be split between WoW and Warcraft III reforged.

Well, that's exactly when I thought it would drop, so that's nice.

I don't like Vulpera or Death Knights, but these invasions and visions and stuff could be interesting, as well as the story content.

Raid should be nice. Bit disappointed all weapons have the same style of steel+tentacles+eyes. I was hoping for some organic weapons in there. Those are always cool.

Gonna love collecting the new stuff, and dat backpack.

Looking forward to the story content especially. Finally moving on from the Red vs Blue, onto some good old Old Gods. Sucks that it'll give N'Zoth, perhaps my favorite remaining villain, only one patch of main antagonist. But yet, I predicted this ending, as soon as they announced the expansion.

It'll mean a year of Old God stuff. That'll lead to some amazing plotlines for my RP adventurers guild. Definitely enough self-made content to last until Shadowlands. So, I can't complain.

I guess I'll resub in March or April for a month. Maybe. I just need to accept that I'm probably never going to have fun in WoW like I used to ever again and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Two months for full LFR. Ugh. I get delaying it a week or two but it is stupid to have it delayed that long.
    This says to me they want this patch to last a long time.

December 2020 for 9.0. Calling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    I came here for the salt, and it is delicious. Glad to see a release date.
    truly delicious, I got enough for a year there

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I can’t wait to log in and see Nyalotha. I wonder if it will be a big sprawling zone or two or three put together like Argus was. Couldn’t give a shit about the raid as all raids feel the exact same structurely since MoP but Nyalotha is a zone I’ve been looking forward to setting foot in since WotLK first mentioned it.
    Isn't Nyalotha the raid though? AFAIK there are no new actual zones as far as world content in 8.3.

Imagine complaining about content when no matter what they do people will consume it in less than a month, mmochamp users are a special form of entertainment for sure, at least troll wise.

Yeah, let's compare a unique raid with unique bosses to a legendary cape we're getting AGAIN in 2019. Inept.
    You're just making stuff up at this point. Its an entirely different cape, with different mechanics, different gameplay to obtain and upgrade it. But whatever. You are upset because its a cape? Would the game be better if it were a belt?