Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Now I know you're a real Reddit posting champ with fifty reddit golds in your trophy room through masterful use of technicalities.
    But in the real world, what I did is acknowledge your point and amend my proclamation.
    What you did was made it so no one in this thread has to take your points seriously anymore.

"Cloak doesn't work in raid"

"Sanity loss reduction doesn't work in raid".

If you know anything about the patch you would realize how these are not even close to each other. The Cloak is strong for raiding because 1) Corruption resistance lets you equip stronger gear, 2) has on use to remove all corruption effects on a CD and 3) has main stat procs. All of this works in the raid, this is why it will be used in the raid. Not because of sanity reduction which is only a thing on 2 whole bosses genius.

So yea, if that's the great knowledge you're providing to this thread then nobody here has to take your points with any seriousness because they're all likely as bunk as that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Isn't that just your own personal opinion? I always thought Shadowlands was enough for an expansion while Argus fit as patch content.
    Argus could've been expansion content, technically speaking. But practically speaking, I doubt a lot of players could have dealt with extending the Legion storyline to another expansion on what is mostly a black and fel green planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What you did was made it so no one in this thread has to take your points seriously anymore.

"Cloak doesn't work in raid"

"Sanity loss reduction doesn't work in raid".

If you know anything about the patch you would realize how these are not even close to each other. The Cloak is strong for raiding because 1) Corruption resistance lets you equip stronger gear, 2) has on use to remove all corruption effects on a CD and 3) has main stat procs. All of this works in the raid, this is why it will be used in the raid. Not because of sanity reduction which is only a thing on 2 whole bosses genius.

So yea, if that's the great knowledge you're providing to this thread then nobody here has to take your points with any seriousness because they're all likely as bunk as that was.
    No, what I did was make mention of something I had noticed, then amend it when you said it wasn't fully correct.

I know it serves you well to go "uuhuhhmhh but that disqualifies all of your other points, past and future," but that's not really how it works. Take a little breather and behave like an adult, not an overly hostile infant who cares more about winning 'the epic debate' than having a discussion and considers a person publicly and openly correcting themselves to be "backtracking."

At the very least, learn what words mean. You from a few posts ago might be able to help you with that:
    You should probably use google before posting.

that disqualifies all of your other points
    Typically yes, when someone makes an incorrect statement that would be corrected with a 5 second google search you shouldn't trust anything else they say.

But I think you're a little bias on the subject since you got caught with your proverbial pants down in this situation and are of course trying to play the "I was wrong BUT..." card.

Typically yes, when someone makes an incorrect statement that would be corrected with a 5 second google search you shouldn't trust anything else they say.

But I think you're a little bias on the subject since you got caught with your proverbial pants down in this situation and are of course trying to play the "I was wrong BUT..." card.
    Did you google "backtracking" and "making excuses" yet? Or do you still conflate correcting oneself with that?

Because if you don't grasp those very basic distinctions, I'm not sure you're one to talk about considering others untrustworthy or unqualified to add to a discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Could have? More like should have.
    I honestly still think that for patch content, Argus was fairly well executed. Obviously, making a whole continent would be a bit difficult for just a patch, but they did well at creating the illusion that you were on another planet with the skybox and all the other elements, and there were more or less two zones in Krokuun and Mac'Aree. The third.. ehh..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Well, Shadowlands is the entire "afterlife" that we got. It definitely got those spooky and dark areas, but it also has "heaven"-like areas and anything in between, reflecting the major cultures/believes of the people that get send there.
    There definitely a bit of a sucked out of thumb element to Shadowlands compared to its old interpretations, but that's more or less what Blizzard has to do with new stuff, anyway. Kul Tiras and Zandalar had a bit of it, Pandaria definitely had a lot of it.

Plus it helps that the Shadowlands stuff makes sense. Even if the Ardenweald aesthetic feels a little too much like WoD Shadowmoon Valley, there being a Druid area of afterlife makes sense. Same for Bastion and holy users, and so on.

Nazjatar even feels like they were trying to get several different zones squeezed into one: coral gardens, zin azshari, shipwreck kelp forest, naga/abyss stuff. Such a missed opportunity. To be honest I do think Nyalotha would work better as an endgame zone, like if only a small fragment of the city remained after all this time. You can tell they only went with this lame parallel dimension thing since zone design is fully on shadowlands now.

EDIT: Azshara and N'zoth have felt overshadowed by the war this entire xpac and its been pretty disappointing. Seeing as how everything with Sylv and Azshara was just a shadowlands setup anyway there was no real reason we had to fight them now. BFA should have ended with the sea opening up. Plus, if Nazjatar was a continent it would be more spread out and hopefully way less obnoxious to traverse.
    Last edited by Darillyn; 2019-12-20 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean this argument goes for basically -anything- we haven't seen yet. Even go back to old content patches, you could turn those into continents too. It is only if the story warrants it really. For one i couldn't see much non-Legion life existing on Argus for any period of time before being wiped out. It was a fortress world after all, not a world with just one or two zones worth of Legion. Naz'jatar could not be a continent because it is a city, not the size of a continent, and i am sure people would get tired of fighting Naga quick (i always hated them personally, we fought them almost every expansion).

Ny'alotha i wish was bigger too, but oh well.

7+ Year Old Account
    And yet he's taken down by an Azerite kamehameha, is the boss of a patch with no new zones, only Old God gooped old zones and a raid, as well as the not-scenarios. There's also one set of armor per armor specialization, to the point that the BoA armor tokens use raid gear models.

He's being overshadowed hard by the Shadowlands, and Blizzard is happy to emphasize that with the mediocre level of direct involvement he's given. It reeks of "We wanna move on to our newest Sylvanas fanfic, but we promised these guys N'zoth and we have to do something to stave off the content drought."
    Hes taken out by the literal beam of origination, a titan structure made for KILLING ALL LIFE ON AZEROTH so yeah pardon me if he dies to a literal orbitel planet killing god gun

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/news=301683/...aid-encounters
    So it's just the sanity loss reduction effect.
    Still pretty funny considering what the whole cloak concept is about and arguably the only reason for it to exist in lore and gameplay, because I'm fairly sure no one would've complained if there wasn't a legendary cloak in 8.3.
    i mean no, it literally gives sanity reduction, corruption reduction, and a right out corruption immunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Can't really agree with you. I vastly prefer Kul Tiras + Zandalar to more of Argus. BfA has it shortcomings, but the setting is not one of them.

As for Ny'alotha, I wish it could of been a zone but I don't know about an entire continent. Old Gods don't really have an expansive theme and I feel like it would of gotten repetitive very quickly like felfire in Legion.
    Same here, I was quite satisfied with Argus as a content patch and not an expansion. We already had the obligatory 'ruined world covered in demons and fel green crap everywhere' xpac in BC, and Legion had more than its share of areas like that as well.

So another 2 years of that kinda thing? Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    I really don't get why Blizzard use already known world/continents that could be used in the future, turn them into tiny zones,
    then proceed to release asspull expansions like BfA and Shadowlands where the respectful locations they're set in... could easily just be patch zones (and are instead turned into major continents)

Blizzard's logic on what to choose as patch/expansion content reminds me of the south park episode where manatees are just grabbing random capsules from a tank to construct family guy episodes.
    The logic is extremely easy to understand: In Nazjatar, Nyalotha and Argus there would have been very few opportunities to place Horde-Content/Lore. That's why we have had 2 entire expansions about Draenor and none about those three.

Draenor is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I agree with OP. I'm especially salty at N'yalotha being just a raid, instead of at least an Argus-sized zone.

Besides, someone had suggested in the 8.3 speculation thread that N'yalotha could very well be expansion-worthy material. Just imagine a huge, HUGE, HUGE ass psychedelic city with lots of different landscapes (and ambiances) as the new continent. It would be simply awesome - and original.
    And as stated earlier, there would be many bitching about that somehow as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The logic is extremely easy to understand: In Nazjatar, Nyalotha and Argus there would have been very few opportunities to place Horde-Content/Lore. That's why we have had 2 entire expansions about Draenor and none about those three.

Draenor is free.
    Yet WoD was not about the Horde in the way you speak of.

Nazjatar was one of these zones that had been planned since alpha, but it took up till this year to finally release. I still hate that they turned this into a watered down Azsuna filled with world quests and awful terraining, rather than being a proper underwater zone where you get to start as a playable naga. It really feels like Nazjatar was just randomly shoved into this expansion because they were lacking other interesting zones. Nya'lotha suffers the same fate but even worse. Rather than being an actual zone it is just a raid. I'm not sure if both would fit as their own expansions, but at least they could've been big and proper leveling zones.

Argus could have maybe been its own expansion if they do expand the planet like they did with Outland. Maybe some space traveling to other planets could have been part of the expansion aswell, which is what they kinda did with these elite bosses you sometimes ahd tot ravel to, but it felt uninteresting overall (and with every planet they reused every asset they already had, like Grizzly Hills and Firelands).

Its kinda sad that we've gotten to a point that there are no interesting locations left. The Shadowlands is just going to be disconnected from the actual world, so I doubt that all the things we do will affect anything to our own universe like we did in WoD. There is still the Dragon Isles left by which I hope they won't fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Nyalotha could have and should have been it's own expansion. Still salty as fuck how they did my boy N'zoth so dirty.
    This! I hate it too

So many places could have been used for expansions.

Nazjatar
    Argus
    Emerald Dream
    Nya'lotha
    Azjol Nerub

All places that could be a fully fleshed out expansion. Though i know the argument will be "BUT NONE OF THOSE AREAS ARE DIVERSE THEY'RE ALL JUST THE SAME OLD LOOK"

To which ill use an example of TBC when someone complained "BUT ITS ALL GONNA BE RED WASTELAND" Cause thats all they saw in warcraft 3.
    The argument against Northrend "I DONT WANT TO PLAY IN SNOW FOR A WHOLE EXPANSION"
    and the best one, when i myself mentioned the broken isles and the tomb of Sargaras on the wow forums in 2012.

"Broken isles will NEVER be in wow, whats left of them isnt enough to cover a whole expansion and the tomb is submerged. I dont want to go underwater again after the mess that was Vash'jir"

Devs can always work around and make things more diverse. But as someone said before, they dont because they'd rather use them as content patches and raids that no one likes. Emerald Nightmare was alright, but the rest were all dull and boring places to go because everything was condensed too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Nyalotha could have and should have been it's own expansion. Still salty as fuck how they did my boy N'zoth so dirty.
    Nooo thank you.

This old god shit is already getting old.
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    If Shadowlands was patch content there would be someone complaining the same way you are.
    the shadowlands were literally presented as part of dungeon before in wow and ppl didn't complain, so of all things they stretched to a full exp, shadowlands is the worst option (of the 4 mentioned here)
    ignore blizz sh8tting on their own lore for the lol, we went to shadowlands multiple times and already 'saw' it, the shadow priest artifact quest requires that we go there many times, and shadowlands was presented as the spirit side of our world, it was also said before that the world we see as spirits running back to our corpses is the shadowlands world
    So we go shadowlands (exactly Maw of Souls) in Legion, we travel there a LOT as priests, blizz nah let's sh8t on that part for the lol and make a totally 'new' shadowlands, without explaining wtf was the 'old' shadowlands, not to mention u can't literally advance the story by removing the shadow priest artifact
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    And as stated earlier, there would be many bitching about that somehow as well.
    No matter what blizzard does, someone will bitch, with or without reason. Which renders your point irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

No matter what blizzard does, someone will bitch, with or without reason. Which renders your point irrelevant.
    As well as anyone bitching about anything. Might as well close up the forums.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean Argus kinda was, had 3 sub zones which were only a bit smaller than KT/Zandalar. Storywise though it made sense to go to Argus in its own expansion, Nazjatar is a pretty damn big zone but it is just a city after all - not a continent. Nyalotha kind of is it's own major continent - its a corrupted version of Azeroth basically

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    As well as anyone bitching about anything. Might as well close up the forums.
    Maybe, but since it won't happen anytime soon, keep dreaming my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Maybe, but since it won't happen anytime soon, keep dreaming my dude.
    And you keep bitching about nonsense my dude.