Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Their plan all along is to stop adding things they have to balance in the long term, that's why you keep getting abilities usable for that expansion and that expansion only.
    From a design perspective it's a great system, but you know... we have to complain anyway, right?
    They should balance them. I pay them enough for that.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Their plan all along is to stop adding things they have to balance in the long term, that's why you keep getting abilities usable for that expansion and that expansion only.
    From a design perspective it's a great system-snip-
    No, it's clearly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Lol that fursona guy

I do understand the frustration, how you got them wasn't perfect. I got Prydaz as second one myself on the first mage, and it was the same for me, I used epic neck instead. Got Prydaz early on most chars, except my Holy Paladin were I wanted it but got it last lmao. Think the excitement when I got it.
    Just flexing here, my first two leggos were Shard of the Exodar and then Marquis Bindings of the Sun-King
    felt good man

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They should balance them. I pay them enough for that.
    Your version of "perfect balance" is somebody else's worst nightmare. What do you say to somebody who hates what you consider great balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    LOL, hardly. I had quite a bit of fun collecting them and using them to crush people on meters during raids and in WPVP. I can think of a dozen things that had more of a negative impact on the game than Legiondaries, but that's not the topic here. Sounds like you just had a lot of bad luck.

I do miss getting new talents! One of my favorite things about expansions used to be reading what the tier set bonuses would be and what new talents we'd be getting. And now none of that happens anymore, and people "wonder" why the game is losing players. They're taking all the cool shit out and inserting turn-n-burn systems each expansion.
    Except, as pointed out previously, you get Azerite pieces with spec enhancing traits, and now your neck which gives you a new on use major ability with 2 minor passive traits. As it is now, you get more in the way of set bonuses (in form of Azerite pieces) and now the neck essences than previously.
    Legiondaries mainly comes down to how lucky you were. My first 2 were Prydaz (while it was still a shitty one), followed by the Hunter ring that proc’d a free use of an ability (pretty useless outside of AoE and even then you needed it to actually proc FOR the AoE phases). Compare that to the other Hunter in my guild who got straight throughput leggos that set him way ahead of me, and I had a shitty time with them. As they became more common I still didn’t get the better ones until my last 2-3 left while some other people I played with had BiS for every single spec.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-12-20 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    Just flexing here, my first two leggos were Shard of the Exodar and then Marquis Bindings of the Sun-King
    felt good man
    Good times, good times ^^

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Your version of "perfect balance" is somebody else's worst nightmare. What do you say to somebody who hates what you consider great balance?
    I don't have vision of perfect balance. I just want them to stop using balance issues as an excuse against adding new stuff. If something will need to be balanced, just balance it. If someone complains, make another patch. I don't care if they will have problems, if they need more time to balance more classes/spells/racials, just hire more people. Subscribtion fee is high already.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Luck is a terrible thing to force on players who are trying to play competitively. The Legendary grind coupled with AP just burned me out of the game. Blizzard made it abundantly clear they were not interested in players who were looking to raid log. And that's fine. The game shifted to a demographic I wasn't able to participate in so I quit. (I've since returned.) It still doesn't change my opinion of early Legion as being one of the most miserable times I've ever played WoW.
    I do agree that they were mishandled at first. They should have given players a more reliable path to attaining them, at least if nothing more than a schedule or grind. Pure luck? I admit, that was a bit harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I don't have vision of perfect balance. I just want them to stop using balance issues as an excuse against adding new stuff. If something will need to be balanced, just balance it. If someone complains, make another patch. I don't care if they will have problems, if they need more time to balance more classes/spells/racials, just hire more people. Subscribtion fee is high already.
    "Just hire more devs," as if game developers grow on trees.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    I do agree that they were mishandled at first. They should have given players a more reliable path to attaining them, at least if nothing more than a schedule or grind. Pure luck? I admit, that was a bit harsh.
    Blizzard learned from this, I think, because BfA carried over a lot of the same systems but lessened the burden of RNG. (Azerite gear, to a small extent, is a deterministic version of the Legendary effects.) The issue, imo, is that Blizzard wanted Legion to be as casual-friendly as possible after WoD's lack of content outside raiding. Legendaries are an amazing carrot on the stick for casual players but it unfairly impacted competitive players unless you either a.) had great luck or, b.) were willing to play WoW like a second full time job.

Spotted the Legion fan.

For the record, Legiondaries were the single shittiest idea Blizzard ever introduced into this game.
    Oh man, it was THE shittest idea since the beginning of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Oh man, it was THE shittest idea since the beginning of WoW.
    The implementation was one of the worst ideas ever.

Shadowlands is another rent-an-ability expansion like Legion was but it's looking worse because the abilities are themed around Covenants instead of specs.

I doubt we'll keep the abilities, we didn't even get to keep Legion artifact abilities for most specs, even though fun ones were removed e.g. Windwalker's Strike of the Windlord.

I feel like we need a new talent row, the feeling of hitting 120 in BFA and realising I am quite a bit weaker was a really poor experience. Please remember that Azerite replaced Tier sets and in legion the lack of a new talent wasn't felt as we had tier sets, an interesting artifact experience and multiple legendary's. IMO blizzard are reaching a point where they don't want to innervate and give us actual exciting things to try and balance the game for the Esports scene.

Legendaries are an amazing carrot on the stick for casual players but it unfairly impacted competitive players unless you either a.) had great luck or, b.) were willing to play WoW like a second full time job.
    I think even a casual player who has some basic clue of the game would have been pissed if they received Prydaz during the first month of Legion.
    This was probably even harder on casual players because the dropchance of Legendaries during the first months of Legion was utterly abysmal, i got my 2nd legendary weeks after the research to equip the 2nd one was already done, as a hardcore player.

Can't imagine how a casual player would have felt if he played like 2-3 months and merely received a single one, a terrible one at that.

I think it's one of those myths like "Casual players like Titanforing because they get awesome stuff sometimes", i think in terms of reward structure, there isn't a huge amount of difference between a casual player and a hardcore one as far as preference is concerned.

No one likes overly RNG reward systems, they're just bad.

since bfa theres only art developers left at blizzard. everything looks pretty but its in service of garbage gameplay. from what we know so far about shadowlands it seems shit hasnt changed behind the scenes.

We don't need new talents every expansion just for the sake of adding something.

The implementation was one of the worst ideas ever.
    Not only the implementation,

tons of rental gear that is going away next expansion
    when everyone is legendary nobody is legendary
    acquisition was absolute garbage

it is 1000x better to have another row of talents

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No one is saying add 50 new spells but if Blizzard can't add new spells every 10 levels (when things are at 120) they should find new jobs.
    Let's see, if we just started at 100 with WoD, doing 1 spell for each class that's 11 spells in WoD, 12 spells in Legion, 12 spells in BfA. That's only if the spells are by class. So a total of 33 additional spells to balance around.

If they did them by spec then that's 34 spells in WoD, 36 spells in Legion, 36 spells in BfA. So that's 106 spells. This number is the same if they'd added another talent row.

So yeah, 50 new spells is pretty much what you're asking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    We don't need new talents every expansion just for the sake of adding something.

There are 3 reasons to pay for a game that, ostensibly, is an RPG.

1) Story.
    2) New world.
    3) character advancement.

Talents are part of the third. Why NOT add a new talent row every 10 levels? If that's beyond the capability of the team to manage, fire them and hire competent designers. We're not talking about adding a lot... just 3 new choices every 10 levels (in the 120 level scheme).

15+ Year Old Account
    From a design perspective it's a great system, but you know... we have to complain anyway, right?
    Quite frankly noone should care what the developers have to go through with balance. What matters if it's an enjoyable experience and for many, it's not

Wiping away complaints with "b-but devs try their hardest! This is easiest on their poor souls!" is amusing