Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    Its still unknown if Atlantis actually sunk.
    There is good indication that "Richat Structure" aka "Eye of Africa" is Atlantis.
    It went dry from sea level dropping.

Also, not to mention, it fits Atlantis description and its "rings" perfectly.
    There are people who are very viciously trying to debunk that theory, but I kind of agree with you. I do feel that the placement of Atlantis as described by Plato seems very likely to make it true... But who knows.

this is a good video that at least tries to spread some light on that while not trying to come across like it;s fact, just to make a compelling argument for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    There's a cartoon movie about Atlantis, when I look at those pictures it reminds me a lot of Suramar and nightbornes

wow that first picture is uncanny, even has that bridge where Krosus appears :P

Least I think that's a bridge? :S

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    There's a cartoon movie about Atlantis, when I look at those pictures it reminds me a lot of Suramar and nightbornes

Its a perfect match lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    There are people who are very viciously trying to debunk that theory, but I kind of agree with you. I do feel that the placement of Atlantis as described by Plato seems very likely to make it true... But who knows.

this is a good video that at least tries to spread some light on that while not trying to come across like it;s fact, just to make a compelling argument for
    I've seen that video, he explains it really well.

Tbh, I like this location way more because it seems more plausible, then for some "land" just to sink into the depths of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Indeed. As much as I loved Suramar in Legion, it was still one hell of a retcon, since Suramar in WC3 was supposed to be just ruins. I mean... How could possibly Maiev have NOT seen such a huge city on her trip to the Broken Shore.
    Exactly :P Its odd, but I guess they changed a lot of the lore in Legion.. how the demons came back, Dreadlord lore and much more.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's more like Venice with all the gondolas.
    yeah I also get this feeling. Venice style. Also with the aristocrats.

No? Atlantis is a morality tale about a city sunk by failing to worship its patron god right; hubris; and the terrible, intolerable crime of attempting to conquer Athens, Plato's perfect nation. Suramar is a sort of morality tale about isolationism, authoritarianism, and addiction. However, a major part of their story is that they survived a disaster that would have otherwise destroyed them. Every group of elves in this game is prideful as a defining trait, so it's hard to use that to draw a parallel. They're both harbor cities with concentric rings of canals, maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    No? Atlantis is a morality tale about a city sunk by failing to worship its patron god right; hubris; and the terrible, intolerable crime of attempting to conquer Athens, Plato's perfect nation. Suramar is a sort of morality tale about isolationism, authoritarianism, and addiction. However, a major part of their story is that they survived a disaster that would have otherwise destroyed them. Every group of elves in this game is prideful as a defining trait, so it's hard to use that to draw a parallel. They're both harbor cities with concentric rings of canals, maybe?
    i just meant the looks
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

Or we go to where the first mentions of Atlantis comes from.

Plato

Who made that shit up with his own admission. It's almost as if a case of fiction from his dialogues to make a point. Things he was known to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    i just meant the looks
    No? I don't know why you image a fictional city that's a story to make Athens seem totes awesomesauce as looking like a WoW elf city. But it's not the craziest way to think of it, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    In warcraft 3, Maiev said that.. the ruins around the tomb of Sargeras were part of Suramar and how the kingdom sank in the bottom of the sea... or something. There are even libraries and other buildings far away from the tomb. In WoW lore, they said just the tomb sank and the city didn't.

I still like the Warcraft 3 version of the lore a bit more lol, but I guess they really wanted us to see Suramar in game.
    I mean the island is part of Suramar, specifically the area that had the old Temple of Elune on it.

As is I think Nazjatar is basically Atlantis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.