Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb next gen WoW MMO should be 1000 years forward in the timeline

it's the only way to truely reset this game. both the alliance and horde are dead. only remnants remain and are scattered throughout azeroth. all cities and borders should be altered.

i believe this is the only way to move forward.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Doesn't matter because it's never gonna happen

So you want World of Starcraft?

cyberpunk world with wow races and history, seems interesting

I want my Panda in a modern setting.

I want Goblins in a modern setting.

Do it blizzard you wont.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    So you want World of Starcraft?
    We already played that in legion

nice try, but Sylvanas wil still be alive 1000 years later

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    it's the only way to truely reset this game. both the alliance and horde are dead. only remnants remain and are scattered throughout azeroth. all cities and borders should be altered.

Names may be different, allegiances may be different, but it undeniably would still basically be the same "Horde vs Alliance".

I disagree. The only way to reset wow is to launch it 300 years in the future. 1000 years is just stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The future is Cronenberg WoW.

10+ Year Old Account

1. There is no next-gen WoW. There will be no next-gen WoW.

2. If there was, it would have factions. BFA was their chance to put a stake in that once and for all and instead they doubled down.

3. Blizzard doesn't care what you believe. Literally no one at Blizzard is asking "what does that guy with the South Park avatar think we should do??"

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Names may be different, allegiances may be different, but it undeniably would still basically be the same "Horde vs Alliance".
    Which is horrible because a two opposing sides mmo doesn't work. People gravitate to one side or the other per server, so the conflict part of it never really is. It takes 3 sides if they actually want player conflict (ala DAOC). Underdogs band together making no side ever dominate. With wow, we've seen how faction balance goes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    cyberpunk world with wow races and history, seems interesting
    It already exists. It's called Shadowrun.

So given Blizzard's track record, they'd have 0 worries about ripping it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    1. There is no next-gen WoW. There will be no next-gen WoW.

2. If there was, it would have factions. BFA was their chance to put a stake in that once and for all and instead they doubled down.

3. Blizzard doesn't care what you believe. Literally no one at Blizzard is asking "what does that guy with the South Park avatar think we should do??"
    Well to be honest, if WoW is going to drop factions it's going to be at the beginning of a faction after a expansion overhaul, not at the tail end before the last patch. I'm sure they have their hands full converting zones and level squishing...I'm sure they have lots of blanks to fill in too.

Maybe deciding if they're going to return to classic talents too...
    Last edited by Kithelle; 2019-12-26 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I disagree. The only way to reset wow is to launch it 300 years in the future. 1000 years is just stupid.
    "My arbitrary time period is better than your arbitrary time period."

Then it wouldn't be warcraft and should just be a fresh IP.

With the MMO market on the decline, it seems unlikely Blizzard would make a next-gen MMO.

They'll probably keep pumping out WoW expansions for the next several decades until a cost-benefit analysis says otherwise. After new expansions become unprofitable, they'll likely end product and utilize legacy servers to keep the game available.

There will be no new mmo from blizzard. Overwatch was built from the remains of their attempt at a next gen mmo but they saw it was an unviable product that would only cannibalize their existing mmo community. They just cost way to much for the return on investment. Well be getting incremental upgrades each expansion for many more years to come on wow though.

Quote Originally Posted by Acaryia View Post
    Then it wouldn't be warcraft and should just be a fresh IP.
    Industrial/Modern Age time period for Warcraft could still be Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    "My arbitrary time period is better than your arbitrary time period."
    This made me laugh, yet is entirely accurate.

"Nooooo. The best time jump would have to be 579 years, and 6 months!".