Poll: What do you prefer, Classic+ or BC Servers?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Alliance What do you prefer, Classic+ or BC Servers?

If Classic has a future, and it likely does, what would you prefer? I've seen the argument for both. Obviously, BC is the easiest, laziest option for Blizzard, because "Classic+" would mean Blizzard is actually actively creating new content for two iterations of the same game, which sounds like a nightmare if they've been cutting costs and downsizing the dev team. However, given Classic's popularity, and many Classic purists seem to actually dislike where the game even headed with BC, Blizzard might try to stretch their team to keep Classic alive with content patches catered to Classic players here and there, but what's your preference?

Classic is trash. The whole forum is whining about literally every aspect of the game. From servers, class balance, rotations, talent trees, wpvp, questing, leveling to things like not automatically dismounting.

So which sane human would build upon that instead of going to bc?

BC servers.

Doesn't split content creation teams. Doesn't make the assumption that modern blizzard can add onto classic while still staying true to what classic fans like about classic over modern wow anyway.

I didn't enjoy classic but I might play a BC or Wrath server, I liked those more than vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Classic is trash. The whole forum is whining about literally every aspect of the game. From servers, class balance, rotations, talent trees, wpvp, questing, leveling to things like not automatically dismounting.

And this will change going into TBC because...? Sure Burning Crusade improves a lot of Classic's issues but it's far from 'fixed'. I can see the forum posts whining about Seal of Blood/attunements/arena comps/etc. already.

10+ Year Old Account
    BC servers by far. People know what they are getting, it costs a hell of a lot less to do, and you can skip a bad expansion but you cant skip a bad Classic+ patch.

F R E S H /10char

Both of your options are going to be shit. People dont realize what 2.4.3-based TBC means.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for WotLK personally, if we ever get servers for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither. Classic+ is just the most idiotic thing someone came up with on this forum. And tbc is basically just endgame and a tiny bit of leveling, atleast classic has some leveling that is atleast somewhat rendeemable.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, I only played classic for a month or so, because it's not my preferred playstyle. But the minute a TBC server is up, my perma-subscription is coming back once again.
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

While classic and BC were great for their times, I feel that there will equally be as many issues and complaints regardless of what server it is. Nostalgia is quite deceiving. People only remember the good parts and how they felt the first time they played but now people who play wow have changed and times have changed as well as the standards of gaming today.

Personally, I want to move forward and experience new things in WoW like the shadowlands. I would only hope that Blizzard actually makes the right steps to learn and make up for their mistakes. I welcome both Classic and TBC servers as it brings forth a new perspective in terms of what positive changes can be made for the future of WoW. As for whether it will be a success, we will have to wait and see.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Well, they wanted classic, they got it... what did they expect, a brand new game, they've got what it was at that time.

10+ Year Old Account

You think they’ll be happy with TBC? Lol it’ll just then be split with people wanting to go back to classic, want TBC+, or WotLK.

- - - Updated - - -

My answer is classic plus. No interest in tbc. I’ll stay subbed all of classic but tbc I’ll cancel and try Shadowlands out or move along. No interest in arenas or flying mounts.

With how serious Blizzard is about #NoChanges, I'm surprised the community could be dumb enough to even come up with the concept of Classic+.

BC is Classic but with actual class / spec balance attempts. I'd take BC over Classic+ any day of the year, hell, if anything I'd want BC+.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to choose? BC servers. But I think one thing they can do if enough people are around as Classic enters its last phases is to create new Classic+ servers. Allow people to copy their Classic characters to Classic+ and/or TBC.

If they fear too much fragmentation then I could see doing C+ servers about a year after the last Classic phase with fixes for the most egregious issues in Classic.

But I don't think that they'll ever do Classic+ as it would mean dedicating real resources (art, dev, test, etc) to the Classic experience. One of the nice things from their point of view about Classic, TBC and LK is that they can use a small team to release an 'expansion' in the years between retail expansions and running the servers doesn't cost that much in comparison to what iiid would take to staff up another team to do significant new content.

I don't have faith in them to do Classic + properly. I expect them to fuck up. So, TBC servers it is - no no no, that would hurt Classic servers, whose population would be halved, fucking up guilds and classic community in the process. Expect the same thing to happen to TBC servers when they decide to re-hash WotLK. I don't think Cata would be able to do the same however.

I think I just want Classic, and I already have it. There is nothing else that I require.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Allow people to copy their Classic characters to Classic+ and/or TBC.
    Absolutely.
    Last edited by Dark Succ; 2019-12-26 at 08:30 PM.
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."

The dev team for Live is bigger than before. Check out the anniversary video where the devs are gathered at the end.

They work on Live though, but I have not heard anything about Classic's team being cut.

As for Classic+ or TBC, TBC all the way. Leave Classic as is.

TBC fixed a lot of what I dislike with classic.

Classes are a bit more fun, more fleshed out. Some changes that were decent QoL were added, etc.

I'd play TBC and WOTLK over classic any day of the week, in all honesty. Not bashing Classic, mind you. It's just not for me.

Id have fun on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    F R E S H /10char

Both of your options are going to be shit. People dont realize what 2.4.3-based TBC means.
    I don't think it would have to be 2.4.3-based if they've maintained better patch records since then. Wasn't the primary issue with classic that 1.12 was the only one they preserved?