Page 5 of 186 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just an update. Two more waves of alpha invites have gone out. The last wave was apparently a fairly large one (hell, I even got one). Some speculation going around, due to the state of the game, is that they are going to announce beta or possibly even an open beta (due to Amazon's lack of cracking down on alpha leaks) at Twithcon.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    It's gonna flop harder than my 2 inch dick
    LOL, I was scrolling down while eating some Jumping Jack Doritos and now I have some in my nasal canals. Thanks!

And yeah, I'll be staying away from an mmo like this but not because of the pvp.

Played it, it's Rust 2.0. Pass.

I think people are having an irrational reaction based on regular MMOs, but we'll see I guess. How quickly can the enemy beat down defenses? I'm told the big problem in Rust is people can destroy your stuff while you sleep. How EVE Online got around that was dropping the shield of a tower initially would put it into lockdown for like 12-24hrs or so, and then you could continue the siege to blow it up. Thereby giving the owners a chance to defend it. If they have safeguards in place like that, it should find an audience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just got an email from Amazon that the game is available for pre-order. Closed beta in April and launch in May. Interesting! I wasn't expecting it for 2020 so I'm semi hyped now.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Are WPvP sandboxes the new trend these days? I guess that's because developers just need to design a world, balance some weapons and the rest is up to players. Easy money.
    No kidding. "Sandbox" games are boring as hell. They make a map, weapons/gear, and classes, and it's like they forgot to actually make a game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    No kidding. "Sandbox" games are boring as hell. They make a map, weapons/gear, and classes, and it's like they forgot to actually make a game.
    Their FAQ says it all. Half the page was about pre-order bonuses and cash shop rather than the actual game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Hopefully they make an MMO capable of rivaling WoW. This reminds me of the secret world, while the game had amazing story and atmosphere, the combat and animations are so bad.
    Until MMOs have new breath of a originality and are kept up to date with the modern world (there is no interest in the standard MMOs we had so far), we are not going to see anything other than "just another MMO".

• Different POV, tired of the top down view like WoW in MMOs ...
    • Larger Size Maps
    • Multiplatform, I want to be connected with all my friends at any give time (yes in on my phone when I am taking a shit).
    • Competitive/Carrot on a Stick, that's what makes games successful and big.

We will need a paradigm shift with MMOs, maybe gaming in general. Last was 2D>3D and SP/LAN>ONLINE
    -K

Im a bit intrigued by the lack of concrete information about this game. It could be both good and bad. Since it comes out in 4 months, I'd expect something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Im a bit intrigued by the lack of concrete information about this game. It could be both good and bad. Since it comes out in 4 months, I'd expect something.
    Reminds me of Titan in that regard. Some nebulous next gen MMO that is "right around the corner".

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Developer: Amazon Game Studios
    Game: New World
    Release Date: TBA

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...ng-gambit.html

From the studio's website:

Product page:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M07V5OS

My initial thoughts:

While we know Amazon has a huge bank roll for this game, we've seen so many MMOs completely fail even with huge piles of cash behind them. However, I think it's important to note how many big named game designers have been poached by Amazon Game Studios recently.
    I might give this a try, depends how it looks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Their FAQ says it all. Half the page was about pre-order bonuses and cash shop rather than the actual game.
    There is a guy on youtube showing actual game footage of New World.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's going to be beta in april, we'll see then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I might give this a try, depends how it looks.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a guy on youtube showing actual game footage of New World.
    All footage available is very old and the game has had major revamp in terms of design since. So take that material with a huge grain of salt.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Looks like trash.
    What actually makes you say this? Because watching over gameplay footage it actually seems to be quite interesting and amazon will put heavy funding into the development of a MMO which the hype is really big for at the moment..

I am really looking forward to New World and can't wait to give it it's chance at winning a place as a MMO which didn't make and break.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Looks like trash.
    All the gameplay videos are 1,5 years old from pre-alpha. I know they look bad, but so do all other MMO's at that stage. I'm confident it will look and feel cool when it launches, it's Amazon after all that's behind this.

However whether the game mechanics and content are good is obviously up in the air.

In the game-developing news, "sandbox" and "PvP-oriented" are just other ways to say "we don't have the resources to develop any real decent content".

This game is a bust. Don't even waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by sedna1666 View Post
    In the game-developing news, "sandbox" and "PvP-oriented" are just other ways to say "we don't have the resources to develop any real decent content".

This game is a bust. Don't even waste your time.
    It depends. I think a well incentivized sandbox rpg would work. It's a matter of will they pull it off. I'm quite sure it won't be a pure sandbox. There will likely be some "instanced" content if it's pvp oriented.

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends. I think a well incentivized sandbox rpg would work. It's a matter of will they pull it off. I'm quite sure it won't be a pure sandbox. There will likely be some "instanced" content if it's pvp oriented.
    They already made a 180 considering the sandbox thing because people didn't like the concept. That was after the pre-alpha testing.

It is a bit worrying that they went for such a major change this late in the development.

Well, sandbox MMOs have very limited appeal for the western audience. Sure, people will try it, but not that many will stay past the honeymoon period. So it's no surprise they reconsidered it.

And with things like Mordhau and for honour out, I'm sure people are ready for an MMO with modern combat, they just need to get the rest of the game right.