Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holier than thou anti-fun people during new years and Christmas time.

Guys, some things I might really agree with. Like, reducing our carbon footprint, traveling less by airplane, using your bike rather than a car, reducing consumption of meat... and so forth, I think you get the point.

But I think I'll just drop out entirely of all sorts of media sooner or later. Social media, anti social media, mass media... all of it is just full of people being anti freaking everything.

Now I can't even enjoy new years eve anymore like a normal person, because:

Rockets and explosives cause stress to dogs and cats (who didn't hear about the massive animal death rates during NYE?)
    Rockets hit birds and kill them (so many die, you can barely walk outside the next day)
    New years eve causes "massive" increase in CO2 (I'm sure that's 99% of our root problem)

What else do we have?

Right, instead of buying Christmas gifts for my family, I was supposed to donate to animal shelters and charities instead. Can't do both, nope.

People annoyed by children and teens throwing explosives like every hour once on the 30th - ONE DAY earlier than allowed. The horrors. Anyway, overthrow the government for allowing the sales of explosives 2 days before NYE! How dare they?

Then in the year 2024, when we sit outside with our candle light to celebrate the coming of 2025, they will tell us that the light pollution causes distress to some small critters. In 2029, when we're sitting in dark rooms, drinking tap water, they'll probably also find a reason why we cannot drink tap water anymore. Meanwhile, I believe that some of these people will start becoming literal trees themselves, step by step.

In all seriousness, can't even celebrate the start of a new year anymore or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Demon View Post
    They should just have a total ban on it because people just can't use them responsibly and according to regulations.
    I just slipped on that slope.

Might as well ban cars then, kitchen kni-, you know what? That list would be limitless.

This just in, people have opinions and disagreements.

Oh noes, I read opinions I didn't like from random people on the internet, and now I must rant about them.

You wouldn't want people blowing shit up outside your window on April 16th, so why would you want them doing it on December 30th?

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Guys, some things I might really agree with. Like, reducing our carbon footprint, traveling less by airplane, using your bike rather than a car, reducing consumption of meat... and so forth, I think you get the point.

But I think I'll just drop out entirely of all sorts of media sooner or later. Social media, anti social media, mass media... all of it is just full of people being anti freaking everything.

Rockets and explosives cause stress to dogs and cats (who didn't hear about the massive animal death rates during NYE?)
    Rockets hit birds and kill them (so many die, you can barely walk outside the next day)
    New years eve causes "massive" increase in CO2 (I'm sure that's 99% of our root problem)

What else do we have?

Right, instead of buying Christmas gifts for my family, I was supposed to donate to animal shelters and charities instead. Can't do both, nope.

People annoyed by children and teens throwing explosives like every hour once on the 30th - ONE DAY earlier than allowed. The horrors. Anyway, overthrow the government for allowing the sales of explosives 2 days before NYE! How dare they?

Then in the year 2024, when we sit outside with our candle light to celebrate the coming of 2025, they will tell us that the light pollution causes distress to some small critters. In 2029, when we're sitting in dark rooms, drinking tap water, they'll probably also find a reason why we cannot drink tap water anymore. Meanwhile, I believe that some of these people will start becoming literal trees themselves, step by step.

In all seriousness, can't even celebrate the start of a new year anymore or what?
    Most of these people will be dead by 2024 anyway, when the world ends. Bide your time, the reckoning is nearly at hand. If you can't wait that long then just kill them, eat their hearts, and consume their flesh. Only then will you gain the power that you seek.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Oh noes, I read opinions I didn't like from random people on the internet, and now I must rant about them.
    So, literally you right now?

- - - Updated - - -

Cars don't explode and wake up everyone in the surrounding areas nor do kitchen knives.
    Neither do explosives.

It's people igniting them during the night. A car can wake you up when it's floored at night as well. Motorbikes are even worse. There are many things that annoy many people - but for a very, very limited amount of time I think we can bear it, right?

I'm not walking outside myself either but I certainly wouldn't want to stop people from having some fun during the end of the year for a few days.

Everyone's skin is getting so thin, I don't even need xray vision.

10+ Year Old Account

What else do we have?

Laughter is an excessive use of oxygen, you, sir, are guilty for causing multiple instances of it

A car can't wake me up at night nor can a motorbike.
    No?

I'm sure they can.

No, they can't. I live by the main road in town, there's always traffic, even at night. Cars are just faded background sound.
    Ohh but the one small cracker wakes you up?

Stop fucking with me

5+ Year Old Account
    Ayye. Chill.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

It's not one small cracker. It's fucking explosions that makes the windows shake and lights up the area like it's fucking day. I can't feel when cars drive by, the explosions can be felt.
    You just haven't had the right car fly by. It's weird, because I can sleep through mortar fire, let alone a fireworks display, but one dog from the toy group can keep me up and ready to kill everything in sight. Different strokes and all that.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Ayye. Chill.
    I wish I could but I am kinda surrounded by these people. I should be telling them to chill actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not one small cracker. It's fucking explosions that makes the windows shake and lights up the area like it's fucking day. I can't feel when cars drive by, the explosions can be felt.
    Consider moving outside the warzone, it is not safe to live there

Or, get this. Cars are regulated how much noise they are allowed to make and you can be fined if you don't abide by the regulations.

Cars can make 74 db maximum according to regulations. Fireworks can easily exceed 120 db.
    Or, here's a thought, maybe in your municipality. In mine, those regulations are unenforced to the point of nonexistence. And a car with a modded exhaust can crush a fireworks show in the decibel scale. My car can easily hit 120 db if I open the valves and let loose. I obviously don't cuz I'm not a complete asshat, but I could. So, my point stands: there are plenty of cars that could keep you up at night far more effectively than the ball drop at midnight.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2019-12-30 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really need to stay away from the internet for a bit.... Do the best you can and only do what you can, if you don't or can't then don't. Don't let others guilt trip you into doing things you don;t want to.

Or at least stay away from social media where it sounds like most of this sort of over-kindness over-empathy madness comes from. You do what you can no one is holding a gun to your head

Rockets and explosives cause stress to dogs and cats
    New years eve causes "massive" increase in CO2
    So, this is all true, but you want to be outraged by it and that somehow makes it not true? Or what?

It also causes birds and other wildlife to die from shock and flying against stuff at night (most birds are not night flyers). It causes stress for kids, too. It also causes a lot of air and water pollution, with all the particulate matter, mostly metal. Really bad for people with lung issues, like asthma, but also for healthy people. And since there's a LOT more fireworks now then 20-30 years ago, all the problems associated with it will be bigger too. Big enough that you can't just ignore it anymore. But hey, lets pretend we're all just saying it because we don't want YOU to have a nice celebration.

Reminds me of the national ban on fireworks in Australia.

That's not municipal based. It's the whole country. If you exceed it, you can be fined even if it's unintended and your car can be forbidden to operate on the roads until you have taken measures to bring it to or below 74 db.
    Disrespectful of me to forget that non-Americans post here. I've been gone from here for quite a bit. My bad. In Texas I don't really have that worry.

I went to my aunts house around noon on Christmas day with my brother and his GF. My brother and I were drinking while his GF was going to drive us back to my parent's house. As we were headed back I asked to stop off at a drive through since its lunch and we are hungry. She freaked out about how dinner is at 4:30 we can last till then, blah, blah, blah. Nevermind that she grabbed a cheeseburger on the way to my aunt's. We had dinner at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    So, this is all true, but you want to be outraged by it and that somehow makes it not true? Or what?

It also causes birds and other wildlife to die from shock and flying against stuff at night (most birds are not night flyers). It causes stress for kids, too. It also causes a lot of air and water pollution, with all the particulate matter, mostly metal. Really bad for people with lung issues, like asthma, but also for healthy people. And since there's a LOT more fireworks now then 20-30 years ago, all the problems associated with it will be bigger too. Big enough that you can't just ignore it anymore. But hey, lets pretend we're all just saying it because we don't want YOU to have a nice celebration.
    Because it's all bullshit and not true, except for the pollution - which I say is OK for it being only once per year.