Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    We can't in the current zeitgeist... It would take a common enemy (think aliens, or an imminent asteroid collision with earth) or a common narrative (think something like the coming of Messiah) to re-unite the tribes at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and Yes...working well for me in my real life... and my life in general... I make enough to live a happy life with my partner, and have many close friends on both the left and right.
    You make money off of pandering to fascists?

How?

I'm not sure I could be friends with fascists,a nd those who support genocide, but I support your freedom to do so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well you can go the other route... violence... but the left knows it won’t win that one. Most of the guns are on the right.

Compromise, stalemate or violence are our current choices.
    For someone who thinks he knows history this is probably one of the most stupid arguments brought forward. The right throughout history had most of the guns yet the left chipped away its power bit by bit.

Aren't you tired of being wrong every damn time you write something?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

By talking to you. . Each post is at least 5k... or more, depending on if I can get your hackles up.

Or I make a living doing something very different... you can choose which one you think is true...
    You are the one who chose to incorporate it into the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Demasiados View Post
    I am not "torelance extremist".

Youre not forced to respect people. You are to respect their rights.

I dont act on peoples thoughts. I act on their actions and motivations.
    That you are here defending fascists and their "right" to act violently on others and label those who defend themselves against said violence as fascists shows you definitely don't know what real tolerance and acceptance is.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

So continue the chipping away... our planet and society are doing wonderfully.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what you mean again.
    We are seeing a trend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering you are gay, yes and you should be glad the left gained power, else you'd probably be dead by now.

Gay religious fascists are a special kind of people I have to say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gay rights needs to be unpacked... abortion needs to be unpacked, and the ACA need to be unpacked... I am gay, I support a woman's right to choose... on the other hand being gay does not give you free reign to do whatever you want, like breaking all gender and sexual norms for the majority in society, and having abortions as a form of birth control or very late in a pregnancy is not something I support either.

Abortions should be rare, safe and legal...
    Abortion is a method of birth control. By definition. Struggling with basic facts because of religious extremism is not an argument.

As for the rest; nah. We can just let people be, unless they're harming others somehow. It doesn't matter one whit to you or anyone else if someone is gender non-binary. Literally no effect on your life whatsoever. And all that's expected of you is a basic modicum of respect for them as a human being. If you're not capable of that, well, that says a lot.

"should" is not an argument. People should love each other, there should be peace between Jews, Muslims and Christians... but that is not the reality we live in.
    The only people pushing any conflict between those or other groups are people like yourself, who pretend that the differences are insurmountable and encourage violence to drive imaginary wedges ever deeper.

We'd get along just fine without people like yourself stoking the flames of hate and intolerance.

I do have a bias... one based on the Torah...

I am willing to go half way as we live in a secular society... but not all the way to the left version of an ideal society.
    So you're a religious nutjob. Explains a lot.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2019-12-31 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than a few major issues like anthropogenic climate change, the planet and global society is doing significantly better than it ever has in the past. Steady uptick pretty much across the board.

Sure, there's flare-ups here and there, and some nations resisting change, but that's noise that does not change the general trendline, which is still trending "better" and hasn't shifted significantly in that.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    That you are here defending fascists and their "right" to act violently on others and label those who defend themselves against said violence as fascists shows you definitely don't know what real tolerance and acceptance is.
    Pardon my confussion, are you talking about any incident in particular?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, he was pruported be a messianic figure that would bring America together. By the end of his presiency race relations hadnt been worse since Jim Crow.

Also somethign about taking away his Nobel Peace Prize.
    Obama did nothing to make race relations bad (and there's no way they're worse than the Jim Crow era, gtfo.)

Assholes who reacted strongly to him becoming president made that happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sirmixalot View Post
    Apparently the right has more guns and will start a "civil war" or at least that's what I get from some previous posts(ers).
    The South will rise again!
    Putin khuliyo

Pardon my confussion, are you talking about any incident in particular?
    You should ask me to pardon your selective memory instead.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    No means no.

People have been upset by the left pushing too many social issues at once and not dealing with the consequences for a while.

You think the left has a right to push their ideology on people that plainly don’t agree with it. Keep doing it.
    They do have a right to push their ideology on people that don't agree with it. That's what happens when they win elections.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You should ask me to pardon your selective memory instead.
    Okay, lets see. I brough up getting fired for having views.

Seems like your mind connected some particular event.
    And since i havent brought up any specific one its higly likely we are not talking about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As for the rest; nah. We can just let people be, unless they're harming others somehow. It doesn't matter one whit to you or anyone else if someone is gender non-binary. Literally no effect on your life whatsoever. And all that's expected of you is a basic modicum of respect for them as a human being. If you're not capable of that, well, that says a lot.
    Unfortunately this is where extreme leftists lose a lot of people.

All of these gender and sexual inventions detract, obfuscate and diminish a truth: some people's brains and bodies develop sexually desynchronized. But you have Jack, John and Jennifer come along and say they are <some random thing they invented> and that lie is then associated with something real.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fine, and I will stand with the right, and others, including gay people, women, and religious people of all kinds that fights this... so let's not mince words here, you are my political enemy.
    Just to sum up the last couple minutes;

Endus: "Maybe leave people alone if they're not hurting anyone, and give people a bare minimum of respect."
    Connal: "Anyone thinking like that is my political enemy and I will foster violence against such tyranny."

You're being completely fucking ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Unfortunately this is where extreme leftists lose a lot of people.

All of these gender and sexual inventions detract, obfuscate and diminish a truth: some people's brains and bodies develop sexually desynchronized. But you have Jack, John and Jennifer come along and say they are <some random thing they invented> and that lie is then associated with something real.
    Biological sex is not binary, and gender as a social construct is even more complicated than biological sex.

You're arguing from a base premise that is objectively false. In fact, I'm pointing out that brains and bodies develop in myriad ways, which is why you can't be reductively binary in the way you're trying to be.

- - - Updated - - -

What happens when the government and electorate are split, more or less, evenly?
    Then not a lot gets done until the electorate changes, which will inevitably happen.

Trying to use violence to force that change in a certain direction, as you've suggested, is abominable.

That's fine, and I will stand with the right, and others, including gay people, women, and religious people of all kinds that fights this... so let's not mince words here, you are my political enemy.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for confirming of why I should fight people like you.
    Since you're a religious expert can you help me with some questions I need clarification on?

So how many slaves are we allowed to own and what is the going price to sell a daughter into slavery these days? Just curious since both are sanctioned in religious texts.

Pushing through the ACA without buy in from half the nation.
    1000% out right false, town halls, hearings after hearing, ect. in fact many of the problems the ACA has is because Obama trying to compromise

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/aca-versus-ahca/

This is such a common propaganda point that has been debunked just as often, saying the ACA was simply back door pushed through is conspiracy peddling
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2019-12-31 at 08:01 PM.

The bolded is what I am fighting against, as it goes against the norms of society and my traditions... you have your values, I have mine. I reject your values.
    Science doesn't really care about your beliefs.

You can look that up yourself. I do not want to get infracted.
    You basically just confessed to being a misogynist and OK with slavery.

Nice job.