Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It’s always nice seeing people having that realisation of what Classic was behind the rose coloured glasses.

Say whatever you want, but as alliance I have not won a single BG in classic... AV or WSG... sometimes its just luck of the draw... the Horde are almost always Premades and the alliance pugs are full of afk'rs... does not make for a fun game

Quote Originally Posted by Athredas View Post
    Funny because I distinctly remember AV being THE battleground where Alliance always dominated
    It would be and to a certain extent still is. The problem is that alliance have instant queues and don't care about winning as long as the bg is quick to end. Horde on the other hand have longer queues and squeezing the highest amount of honor from the bg is their meta.

So they send 15-20 people to defend. If alliance sent the same amount of players to defend each game then horde wouldn't win most of the time.

tldr horde wins sometimes becausr defending as alliance with instant queues is dumb.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you wanna win a game as alliance join a premade.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, I played about 100 AV's and won only about 25 of em, as alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Say whatever you want, but as alliance I have not won a single BG in classic... AV or WSG... sometimes its just luck of the draw... the Horde are almost always Premades and the alliance pugs are full of afk'rs... does not make for a fun game
    Horde are never premade in av, they simply cannot.
    Your not able to queue as a group to av, the only thing that allows alliance to premade it is through having instant queues.

Wsg tho It feels like every single team queueing is a premade.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    You got bunkers that don't suck and a bottle neck. Yet the map prefers.....horde? A rogue (or druid) can solo cap horde towers.
    Any class can. The NPCs wont follow you into the flag room and cant shoot you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Horde are never premade in av, they simply cannot.
    Your not able to queue as a group to av, the only thing that allows alliance to premade it is through having instant queues.

Wsg tho It feels like every single team queueing is a premade.
    When they are 90% from the same server they are a premade... The addon AVQ makes this possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont have epic mount

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    no, im a god damn murican
    Well you need to 1) play a useful role (healer) 2) get invited to a premade. 3) enjoy 90%+ win rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    [LIST][*]Map layout prefers Horde
    ROFL. OK, baddy.

Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    in vanilla alliance won AV the most. what happened?
    The thing is all decent alliance players are running premades that win 95% of the time, but on the other end Alliance AV pugs are just the discarded players that are leftover from games abandoned by premades. They usually start with less than 20 players and have no decent tanks or healers AV pugs are 100% loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is simple.

When Horde charge, they go along this path : Stonehearth Bunker --> Stonehearth Graveyard --> Icewing Bunker --> Stormpike Graveyard -->
    Dun Baldar North & South Bunker --> Stormpike Aid Station.

Literally in that order, about 99% of the time.

When Alliance charge, they go along this path : Iceblood Graveyard --> Tower Point --> Iceblood Tower --> Frostwolf Graveyard -->
    East & West Frostwolf Tower --> Frostwolf Relief Hut

Literally in that order, about 99% of the time.

See the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    • 5-15 players jump-botting in base cave every match (likely the result of this game design)
    • Map layout prefers Horde
    • Boss layouts and boss mechanics prefer Horde
    • Roughly 50% of people outside premades haven't got an epic mount
    Jump bots are on the horde side as well. Report them, regardless which side.
    This was the case back when classic was actually classic as well - game shouldn't reward people who never left the cave or havent done a single thing.

Not sure on second and third point,. i've seen about 50/50 win and loss rate,. so map layout really doesn't seem a factor.

Last point is well, you can always "help" them if you've got enough coin.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    The only thing that's really sad is how pretty much half of the team gives up after the initial rush fails,and a quarter keeps trying to rush through the horde wall,when Alliance has quite a lot of avantages in longer games and should win most of them.
    Fucking metaslaves read that "rush=best" on reddit and will not even begin to try to question it,even though it just fails 9 games out of 10
    This so much.. and why I hate doing BGs on the Alliance side in general, it happens in retail too. All these losers that just give up and even demoralize the team by saying that we should just let them win in raid chat.

I wish the ignore list worked for PvP the same way it does for PvE and was much much bigger. That way, everyone who wants to win can just do that and actually have fun playing BGs.

Yep. Sad that it's the highest honor/hour right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    When they are 90% from the same server they are a premade... The addon AVQ makes this possible.
    Nope, simply not doable; see 20-30min queues gl fishing pops with that.
    As for a premade being 90% from the same server; this is not the case either. Plently of xrealm prems running araund.

Pugging AV as Alliance is the saddest thing in the game right now. Glad I am almost finished with the rep grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Pugging AV as Alliance is the saddest thing in the game right now. Glad I am almost finished with the rep grind.
    I haven't experienced anything like it tbh. I've played since Vanilla and this level of one-sidedness is frankly astounding.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I can tell, any AV I join appears to be abandoned by a premade as I start most games with less than 20 v 40.

edit: just joined one now, 14 vs 40 as it starts lol.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-01-02 at 03:23 PM.