Poll: What do you prefer, Classic+ or BC Servers?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Would TBC rerelease mean having to purchase it (the current expansion) again as expansion to Classic?

I think the crowds reaction to BC and WotLK servers got them started on both to be honest.

Can you define what Classic+ is, in a catch-all package that will appease the greatest number of people
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

If we assume they can do it as well as they did in original vanilla than I would say Classic plus. The thing that has me worried is anything they made "new" will be so "new" it will be pretty jarring to the Classic experience. Which is why I am kind of for just going to BC.

Not to mention I got to look at this how Blizzard probably will. Make new content that takes more time, money, and effort or just adjust current content you have to fit the new parameters and release it. The cheaper option is probably how they will go. Even if it just pulled in a few million people for a couple months its a major success. Longer the more successful it will be. Classic plus is a gamble. It might make some people that are a fan of the original classic HATE it. It might not work. It takes more effort. For me it just seems like the obvious choice until remakes stop working. AFTER remakes stop working THEN maybe something like this has a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never play a TBC server.
    I used to play obsessively as a kid and I still remember all of it. Even if I enjoyed it at the time, I would rather pull my hair out than go through it again.
    Same goes for WotLK onwards.

Maybe someone is in for the nostalgia; I played Classic because I did not play it while it was relevant, so it felt like "new" content to me. A Classic+ server would be an absolute shitfest of angry Classic purists but I would not mind trying it out.

I'd really like to just keep classic as it is tbh

Neither. Im totally fine with what I have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    F R E S H /10char

Both of your options are going to be shit. People dont realize what 2.4.3-based TBC means.
    It means a lot of good things. Faster leveling, cheaper mounts. Mount at 30. Quests on the minimap. More debuff limit (40), more fun class design and more exciting abilities that define specs, and harder raids. Classic die hards even shit on dailies but it was more stuff to do...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahandii89 View Post
    I'd really like to just keep classic as it is tbh
    Tbc servers wouldn't replace classic as is, so can we assume you vote for TBC then?

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC for sure, I would be super excited if they announced it. I'd like to be in favour of Classic+, but I don't trust Blizzard's developers to make new content that is actually any good, so I'd rather play it safe and wait for TBC. Wrath after that would be perfect, too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If Classic has a future, and it likely does, what would you prefer? I've seen the argument for both. Obviously, BC is the easiest, laziest option for Blizzard, because "Classic+" would mean Blizzard is actually actively creating new content for two iterations of the same game, which sounds like a nightmare if they've been cutting costs and downsizing the dev team. However, given Classic's popularity, and many Classic purists seem to actually dislike where the game even headed with BC, Blizzard might try to stretch their team to keep Classic alive with content patches catered to Classic players here and there, but what's your preference?
    Classic's 'future' is to be a museum of a 15 year old game.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Classic+ is the most interesting to me because it's content that we've never seen before and gives Blizzard a chance to develop the game in a way that is more in touch with its roots.

However, I don't trust Blizzard to do that so TBC/WoTLK it is if its not going to get done right. I will say I'm not looking forward to flying being back but TBC is still an awesome expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Why should we go over the whole expansion cycle AGAIN? It makes no sense.

Classic made (little) sense because as Blizzard said it’s a sort of museum/monument to the “thing” that started all but for me it should stay in its pre-TBC state forever.

BC all the way man. I don't trust current day blizzard to implement a classic+ very well.

i'd like a continuation of the Classic lore on a new timeline with the same design ethos, but that won't happen in 2020, and certainly not under Activision. Its a pipedream to believe otherwise.

Thankfully TBC was a really good expansion and I'm looking forward to it. But not before ZG, AQ, Naxx, and Arathi Basin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ronkkrop View Post
    BC all the way man. I don't trust current day blizzard to implement a classic+ very well.
    There's this as well. Even if Blizzard were to try to do it, i don't think they have the design mentality necessary to succeed nowadays. Unless Kaplan came back, but i wonder if he'd be interested in revisiting the same content he did 15 years ago.

If Classic has a future, and it likely does, what would you prefer? I've seen the argument for both. Obviously, BC is the easiest, laziest option for Blizzard, because "Classic+" would mean Blizzard is actually actively creating new content for two iterations of the same game, which sounds like a nightmare if they've been cutting costs and downsizing the dev team. However, given Classic's popularity, and many Classic purists seem to actually dislike where the game even headed with BC, Blizzard might try to stretch their team to keep Classic alive with content patches catered to Classic players here and there, but what's your preference?
    TBC. They should just focus on retail and make that game better. I have faith in them, that they can create good expansions as Legion and MoP were my favourite expansions.

Classic+ to me would only make sense if they make small class changes and maybe add some content, but only as a one-time thing. They absolutely shouldn't keep adding new content to classic. I think all these ideas that they should make an alternative story or whatever are just extremely stupid and this will thankfully never happen.

btw. What they should absolutely do and what they most likely will is that they should keep the vanilla classic, ALWAYS. So if TBC releases we can copy over our characters to the TBC servers, but the classic servers should stay and IMHO they should at one point open fresh classic servers that begin at phase 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I would never play a TBC server.
    I used to play obsessively as a kid and I still remember all of it. Even if I enjoyed it at the time, I would rather pull my hair out than go through it again.
    Same goes for WotLK onwards.

Maybe someone is in for the nostalgia; I played Classic because I did not play it while it was relevant, so it felt like "new" content to me. A Classic+ server would be an absolute shitfest of angry Classic purists but I would not mind trying it out.
    That "angry Classic purists" thing is mostly a meme and only really a few people like that exist. What the vast majority of the players here wanted is that Classic launched as close to the original as possible and not with massive gameplay changes and features added later in the expansions like some other people suggested. I don't think that most people would mind some changes to Classic once all of the content has been released, but it was very important that we could at least experience the game as it was back then with all its good and bad sides.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2020-01-02 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Classic is trash. The whole forum is whining about literally every aspect of the game. From servers, class balance, rotations, talent trees, wpvp, questing, leveling to things like not automatically dismounting.

So which sane human would build upon that instead of going to bc?
    isnt it excatly THAT what classic+ should do ? to fix these issues. really cant get your argument/logic here...

How do you know it likely has any future at all?

Nothing is guarenteed and blizzard haven't said anything about tbc or classic+

This seems to have become one of those things every one assumes is a thing, which is fine but for God's sake if nothing happens don't go trying to beat blizz up over it.

Both classic+ and tbc come with very big negative impacts to alot of classic players. Whether that's further dividing the classic cumunity into vanilla/tbc or forcing out the sizable no changes crowed there is no winning for blizz in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    How do you know it likely has any future at all?

Nothing is guarenteed and blizzard haven't said anything about tbc or classic+

This seems to have become one of those things every one assumes is a thing, which is fine but for God's sake if nothing happens don't go trying to beat blizz up over it.

Both classic+ and tbc come with very big negative impacts to alot of classic players. Whether that's further dividing the classic cumunity into vanilla/tbc or forcing out the sizable no changes crowed there is no winning for blizz in that situation.
    They said in the Q&A that they could do TBC and they were very supportive of the idea. It's not a confirmation, but it's almost guaranteed especially in the way how they worded it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    They said in the Q&A that they could do TBC and they were very supportive of the idea. It's not a confirmation, but it's almost guaranteed especially in the way how they worded it.
    Which Q&A?

Imma need a link to that because most of the crap they put out has been bug / not bug stuff.

Nvm found it, some reddit Q&A, nothing in that confirms anything except that if Managment decided to do it there making sure they can and classic+ is a non starter there not thinking about but striping shit from tbc and wotlk might be if it makes it more appealing to classic players.

But as the Q&A explicitly states "should we ever decide to go this route" that language is about as non commital as it gets, "should i/we ever" is the kind of vaige thing you say after buying something you kind of regret but there might be a use maybe one day but your not sure when.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-01-02 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like them to eventually have a legacy server for all the expansions.