Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Is it worth gearing my DH when nerfs might be coming?

We know the nerfs will be coming soon. Its not posted but we are too good at burst aoe and single target. MY DH alt is 410 anyways, is it worth it to gear her up for 8.3?

Lulz, DH's are the low impact darlings for at least through this expansion. I wouldn't expect any nerfs until the 9.0 patch and even those will just be reworks.

Hopefully for Vengeance. It's just not as fun to play now as it was in Legion.

DH and Rogue will get some changes for the negative traction both generated in the long overtuned and overutilized state. You better like this classes for its class fantasy, because blizzards does not nerf with a scalpel.

If you just play FOTM and don't even want any MMO experience, why not just abuse the situation right now with DH? Still one more pvp and m+ season to go with easymode.

In the end the only one who will care is just you. You either see it later as a waste of time or you don't care, since you will be long gone bored with the easymode.
    -

Unless you plan on going for world firsts I would much rather suggest you play what you enjoy,there wont be any nerfs so high that it makes the spec unviable in every aspect of the content that isnt the tip of the top,also there is a very strong chance that dh will never get to much nerfs as its not a mage that has 3 dps specs to chose,if dh dps is to much nerfed it basicaly kills the class,that wont happen

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Lulz, DH's are the low impact darlings for at least through this expansion.

If you really want to see some crazy numbers look at arena class rankings and hc/mythic raid class representation. The sheer amount of players of this new class in every area of the game will for sure get some reaction from blizzard. When? Most likely to late.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

If you really want to see some crazy numbers look at arena class rankings and hc/mythic raid class representation. The sheer amount of players of this new class in every area of the game will for sure get some reaction from blizzard. When? Most likely to late.
    shame that graph doesnt show specs,ofc i can fairly speculate,but damn some of those highs and lows are crazy

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    shame that graph doesnt show specs,ofc i can fairly speculate,but damn some of those highs and lows are crazy
    It DOES show specs: https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...rboards-strict
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Eh, that's just raider IO. I mean it's still a huge number and all, but anyone with Raider IO is kinda on the extra serious side.

That said, it's a great alt. It plays well, you get training wheels to good damage and the thing that really separates good DHs from not so great ones isn't the meter it's the utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Eh, that's just raider IO. I mean it's still a huge number and all, but anyone with Raider IO is kinda on the extra serious side.

That said, it's a great alt. It plays well, you get training wheels to good damage and the thing that really separates good DHs from not so great ones isn't the meter it's the utility.
    The site pulls from Blizzard's API, so that shows every single M+ run this season.

Well, BfA was the expac after Legion. If they get destroy-- I mean.. "reworked", that'll probably be in Shadowlands, yes.

And it's gonna suck that Blizzard is going to kill the class fantasy for the sake of supposedly "reinventing the wheel."

Learn to play the class because you enjoy the rotation and the playstyle, and stop worrying about impending nerfs.

DH is fun

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    The site pulls from Blizzard's API, so that shows every single M+ run this season.
    It just pulls the numbers from the old top 150/250/500 highest M+ run each server. The numbers would be much, much worse towards FOTM as we see it.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Awyee View Post
    Learn to play the class because you enjoy the rotation and the playstyle, and stop worrying about impending nerfs.

DH is fun
    I think there's a reason to fear impending nerfs, though.

When Blizzard changes classes, they usually do it with a sledgehammer. What fun is there in playing DH if the class might end up castrated in a few months?

If there's anything I hate, it's how Blizzard tries to reinvent the wheel with classes so often that some classes are almost entirely different from one expansion to the other to the point that they may as well be another class. Now that BfA is almost over, Demon Hunters have lost their recency immunity and are just as open to this treatment as any other. Especially with all the bitching about them.

It just pulls the numbers from the old top 150/250/500 highest M+ run each server. The numbers would be much, much worse towards FOTM as we see it.
    In fact, it somehow pulls all of them. I’m on Stormrage US where late last week the “minimum run for AD” was a +13, but I did a +11 on my Druid with an all stormrage group and it tracked it.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    We know the nerfs will be coming soon. Its not posted but we are too good at burst aoe and single target. MY DH alt is 410 anyways, is it worth it to gear her up for 8.3?
    They've been busted the entire expansion, if they haven't been nerfed yet, they won't be nerfed next patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Literally any of the points you listed are not true.

1. We know nothing of nerfs whatsoever
    2. There is no reason for nerfs
    3. We are good at burst dps, but other classes are even better
    4. Our ST damage is "ok", but other classes are better

Just check warcraftlogs, we are literally middle of the pack. Granted, at the upper middle most of the time, but nothing OP at all.

That being said now is STILL the wrong time to gear up your DH. Go farm AP (important) and get the essences you need, but don't waste any time on gear. You will be showered in catchup stuff one 8.3 starts.

Uhhh no, this has no longer been the case for a while now. Blizzard opened up the API to where you can see the highest M+ completed for each dungeon for each character for the entire season. So even if someone on a high pop server does a +2 new highest record for a dungeon on a monday, it will still show up in Raider.IO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when has a class being tuned been a reason not to play it?

Play what sounds fun. Who cares as long as it's viable. Don't be a glory hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

Play what sounds fun. Who cares as long as it's viable. Don't be a glory hunter.
    What's wrong with being a glory hunter? If I want to push m+ keys to 23-25 then there is nothing wrong with wanting to play one of the most well-performing classes.

I agree in general that people shouldn't be blinded by the meta, but it really depends on what you are trying to achieve. I'm not going to bring an Enhancement Shaman to really high m+ keys for example, when I can bring a DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

True, but if as a result of all the complaints, DHs get completely gutted to the point that they're no longer fun. Well, as somebody who's mained one since they were added, that's gonna hurt.