Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Are you saying we have to take matters into our hands to make the game more challenging/fun?

I wonder what we can do as players....

I like the human interaction required for raiding.
    For example, I avoid LFR or pugging raids - since it doesn't have what I'm looking for. And that is - having a large team and doing a specific objective.

When I started playing WoW, I was very disappointed. I had never before played and MMO and this one had the RPG tag, but didn't seem like an RPG at all. No choices, no way to avoid a fight through talking only, no skill checks, no companions, the story while leveling was uninteresting and presented on a sheet of text - boring compared to single player RPGs. But then I had my very first raid and I was in love - needing to coordinate, to fill in specific roles and have the team count on you, talk it out and eventually managing to kill the boss after working thing out, that's the best part. And those "last man standing" moments, when everyone yells "you cna do it come on come on" and then the boss goes down and everyone cheers.

Note, I'm also a tank, so the visibility is better in raids. I also quite enjoy M+, I feel like I control the whole dungeon (as a paladin tank, the worse your team is, the more you shine).
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2020-01-06 at 10:32 AM.

when I raided I liked the social aspects of it, being with friends and making new ones. I've stopped raiding namely cause that guild finally fell apart and split and i've tried a few others but just haven't clicked with them. Also its harder for me to commit to X time a week now due to life. As for a challenge I have no desire to do anything beyond normal maybe HC. Life is a challenge enough for me so when I play a game I'm looking to relax not deal with a challenge.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    I don't know what the hell I did in this game for the many thousands of hours I've played it, since it's 99% a raid-focused game. Despite hating leveling, it seems like I spent most of my time leveling up then rolling yet another alt. Must be autistic or something.

Anyway, this game's main focus is raiding, everybody seems to love it and it's the main piece of content they're looking forward to.

And yet it bores me. I don't find it difficult or anything, just boring and thus tedious because it brings me no joy or fun.

What's so special about it, why does everyone like raiding? Is it the social element? Is that why I don't get it, cause I'm an antisocial piece of shit?
    Are you only doing LFR or raiding in classic or what?

The game was 99% raiding , hasn't been the case for a while.

Judging by this thread, you probably are an autistic antisocial piece of shit as you describe yourself.

I like progressing with my friends, laugh at our stupid mistakes. so its more because of my friends than actually raiding.

When I look back, the last time I actually raided because I wanted to raid was back in early Cataclysm. but then again when I really think about it, it was the same guild I played with most Wotlk.
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Wow is a theme park....if you dont like one ride go to another...if you dont like ANY of the rides...then to a different park....

But for many its the social aspect, some like the coordination, some like seeing bigger numbers, and some like the obligation
    Realy liked your response.
    Just wanted to add that for me, raiding is a way for both progressing and participating in the STORY.

I've recently stopped playing at all, for many reasons, but I still like in-game cutscenes and cinematics on youtube.

WoW is far from being 99% raiding, but raiding is indeed the ocean most streams flow to in wow.
    Power progression, class balance and compositoon, instance tunning and ofc - main parts of the story.