Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You haven't seen Rebels. They had some pretty good Empire characters in Rebels.
    To be fair they were almost cheating with Grand Admiral Thrwan

I liked Rogue 1 a lot despite its flaws. To the point it's easily top 3 star wars movies for me. But....I'm not really interested in this. We know where the main characters end up and while not impossible, it's going to be very difficult to make that story engaging when you know the end point already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    I liked Rogue 1 a lot despite its flaws. To the point it's easily top 3 star wars movies for me. But....I'm not really interested in this. We know where the main characters end up and while not impossible, it's going to be very difficult to make that story engaging when you know the end point already.
    Prequels aren't successful?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They can be, but are often trickier to make engaging. And the question of 'how did he get to where he was at the start of Rogue 1' isn't really a question that's going to hook me to find out the answers. Is it 100% doomed to failure, no, but it's going to have an uphill battle to get my interest. He has a decent arc in Rogue 1 but I'm not left craving answers about the guy's backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I think they should make a movie from the imperial perspective as well instead of all this rebel stuff.
    Yes, That would be great. From either a Moff or an Imperial Agent.

A whole show based off that dead assassin?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prequels were fleshing out characters we knew little about their backgrounds and wanted more, I haven't heard a single person ask for more background on Cassian Andor...but I wouldn't expect you to know that.

I don't really see why they went for a character of which we already know the end. It's also a side character in a side movie - even if it was fairly popular; the movie, not the character. Not really sure what they are going for here. Obi Wan at least has meme status and and is played by a british actor .

Is this a desperate attempt to get some rebellion action going since Oscar Issac doesn't want anything to do with Disney anymore?
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-01-07 at 09:15 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    To be fair they were almost cheating with Grand Admiral Thrwan
    I wasn't referring to just Thrawn. But, yeah, that's true.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just make a Thrawn movie/TV series. The guy is such a badass in his own right. He's pissed off vader multiple times and lived and pretty much was one of the greatest imperial strategists that ever lived. Either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    They should just make a Thrawn movie/TV series. The guy is such a badass in his own right. He's pissed off vader multiple times and lived and pretty much was one of the greatest imperial strategists that ever lived. Either way.
    Hopefully they pick up the Thrawn/Ezra story. I feel like it's just to be comic filler between projects though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Hopefully they pick up the Thrawn/Ezra story. I feel like it's just to be comic filler between projects though.
    I'd be concerned if Disney made a movie or trilogy about Thrawn given their track record thus far. I think people would be a little miffed if Thrawn was written as a one-dimensional, dumb antagonist who is just there to make the main hero(es) look good in a movie. I'd rather have Favreau and Filoni working on such a project as they've actually shown they can make interesting content and flesh out characters while making me actually care about them.

That being said... don't know what to think about Cassian Andor as a series. Gilroy's writing his hit-or-miss for me considering what he's done before, although I think he does better when he isn't adapting content versus writing from scratch. It's a wild card at this point.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I liked the actor and the character seemed like it could be interesting in Rogue One, not much time to develop him though.

I hope it's a tight closed storyline with an endpoint though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

5+ Year Old Account
    Alan Tudyk Discusses Returning to Play K-2SO in the Cassian Andor Disney+ Series [TCA 2020]

https://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-...series-update/
    Posted on Monday, January 13th, 2020 by Fred Topel

After the success of The Mandalorian, the Cassian Andor streaming series might be the next Star Wars series we see on Disney+. Alan Tudyk said his droid character K-2SO might appear in the series back in February 2019.

This weekend, Tudyk was on a Television Critics Association panel for his upcoming Syfy series Resident Alien. After the panel, Tudyk spoke with reporters further and answered a few questions about his potential return as K-2SO.

Playing K-2SO again will be like riding a bike

K-2SO was a performance capture role for Tudyk. Now that he’s gotten the physicality of K-2SO down, he won’t have to relearn anything…including performing the entire role while wearing stilts:

“By the time I was done, I never took ‘em off. I used to put them on, take them off, put them on, take them off throughout the day,” Tudyk said. “By the end, I was like don’t even take them off. I like being tall and there isn’t anything I can’t do in them.”

Now we’re picturing Alan Tudyk going to the bathroom on stilts.

What brought Alan Tudyk back

In November 2018, Disney announced a Cassian Andor streaming series for Disney+ with Diego Luna reprising his role from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. A year later, they confirmed Tony Gilroy to write and direct. Gilroy co-wrote Rogue One and directed its reshoots.

Tudyk couldn’t say when he expects to go back to filming, but he did say why it was an easy decision.

“Playing with Cassian, playing with Diego Luna and being in the world of Star Wars again,” Tudyk said. “Especially after seeing The Mandalorian and seeing what they can do with a series, how much fun it is to just go into smaller stories and tell stories that way.”

The Manadlorian got a lot of people excited about Disney+ Star Wars series. Could Cassian Andor and K-2SO find something as meme-worthy as Baby Yoda? That’s up to Gilroy to figure out.

Nobody but Alan Tudyk plays K-2SO

Tudyk insists on doing the performance capture for K-2SO. He said the producers already offered to have a double do the performance capture so he only has to do the voice, but Tudyk is all-in.

“I don’t want anybody else doing that,” Tudyk said. “It means a lot to me. They offered it but it’s not a voice over job for me. Because his face doesn’t move, that’s what you have is your body to show emotion. And because of Sonny [his character in I, Robot] and just because of theater, I’m trained. I studied that and it’s something I enjoy.”

5+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars: Diego Luna Reveals What Excites Him Most About Cassian Andor Disney+ Series.

https://comicbook.com/starwars/amp/2...ney-plus-show/
    Cameron Bonomolo
    01/24/2020 07:57 pm EST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rQsp3MgU98

Diego Luna admits it was "hard" knowing his Star Wars role as Rebel spy Captain Cassian Andor in spinoff Rogue One: A Star Wars Story would be short-lived, but the actor is excited to explore the background of the intelligence agent not afraid to get his hands dirty. The still-untitled series, re-teaming Luna's Andor with Rogue One co-star Alan Tudyk's smart-mouthed droid K-2SO, follows The Mandalorian as the next live-action Star Wars series slated for the Disney+ streaming service — and like the guarded plans for the Empire's super weapon the Death Star, the theft of which proved to be Andor's final mission in Rogue One, Luna's series is top secret.

"I’m not allowed to talk about it, which is great because I haven’t started. I’m just happy, I’m happy to be part of that universe," Luna told Variety. "Because I grew up watching those films and having the chance to explore the role in ten hours, or as many hours as we get, it’s gonna be great."

"It was hard to start a film knowing you were gonna die so fast," Luna added of the definitive ending for Andor at the close of Rogue One, "but now we can talk about what happened earlier."

After Luna expressed disappointment Rogue One ended with Andor's death — preventing his return in future stories set during the Original Trilogy — the star shared gratitude for the opportunity to revisit the character in his own prequel series.

"When I saw the film the first time, I was so disappointed at the end. And not because of the film," he previously told SYFY. "My son said, 'But that's it, Dad. Right? That's it,' And I go, 'Well, yes. That's the thing about this film.' Even though I knew, and I understood, I think that's the moment where I really got it."

"I really realized that a character I loved, and a universe I couldn't care more about [was done]. But the tone of our film, it pays honor to, I believe, the best times of this universe," Luna continued. "And obviously, I say the best because it's when I was open and ready to receive that. Those [Star Wars] films left a very deep mark on me, as [the] audience, and as a filmmaker."

The rousing spy thriller will explore tales filled with espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire.

Lucasfilm has not yet announced a release date for the Cassian Andor series.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-01-27 at 09:24 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is over a decade old or something, makes me wonder if they can do something like it but updated n stuff

Star Wars Underworld - The Canceled Star Wars Live Action Show Test Footage.

The Lore Master
    Jan 30, 2020

The original Star Wars live action show that George Lucas originally envisioned in being created, but was canceled due to lack of practicality of it being produced at the time.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what to say anymore...

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-cas...rites-filming/

Star Wars: Cassian Andor Show To Undergo Script Rewrites Before Filming

The Star Wars Cassian Andor series starring Diego Luna will go through script rewrites mere months before filming was supposed to begin.

BY DIANDRA ROSS
    FEB 19, 2020

The upcoming Star Wars Cassian Andor show will be undergoing rewrites before the start of production. The new series is set to premiere on the Disney+ streaming platform. It's one of the streamer's many original shows that are currently in the works. Outside of Star Wars, Disney+ has numerous Marvel series planned, two of which will premiere this year.

Cassian Andor is one of the lucky movie characters getting the solo series treatment on Disney+. He was introduced in the Star Wars universe in Rogue One: A Star Wars story. The movie is set outside of the Skywalker saga, as it was Lucasfilm and Disney's first foray into an anthology series for Star Wars. Set before the events of A New Hope, the film followed a colorful cast of characters as they attempt to steal the Death Star plans and deliver them to the rebellion. Played by Diego Luna, Cassian Andor was an intelligence officer for the Rebel Alliance and led the crew of "Rouge One" alongside Jyn Erso.

It was announced in November 2018 that a prequel series based around Cassian Andor was in the works. Diego Luna will be returning as Andor, and Alan Tudyk will also be reprising his Rogue One role as the companion droid K-2SO. The series was set to begin filming in June of this year, but according to Geeks WorldWide, script rewrites have pushed production, and the start date for filming has been removed from the calendar. This news comes a week after Luna stated that filming for the new series would begin this year.

The Cassian Andor series isn't the first Star Wars show to be delayed. The Obi-Wan Kenobi series is facing similar problems, as the show was put on indefinite hold in the middle of pre-production. Issues stem from head of Lucasfilm Kathleen Kennedy being unhappy with the show's script, and the series is now looking for new writers. The original plot was reportedly too similar to that of another Star Wars show, The Mandalorian. There are even rumors that the show will be shortened to four episodes instead of the original six.

Lucasfilm and Disney are at a crossroads when it comes to expanding the Star Wars universe. As the end of the Skywalker saga unfortunately ended with more of a whimper than a bang, it is imperative that Disney and Lucasfilm choose their next steps regarding the franchise wisely. At first, it appeared that the studios would be focusing more on TV shows than movies in order to build the universe and flesh out characters more. This has proven to be a success with the first live-action Star Wars series, The Mandalorian. However, with the delay of both the Obi-Wan Kenobi and Cassian Andor shows, the future of Star Wars on streaming is just as unclear as its future in theaters.

10+ Year Old Account
    George Lucas just needs to buy the IP back.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    George Lucas just needs to buy the IP back.
    He’d likely make it one movie after he remembers why he stopped making movies in the first place which was the toxic fanbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    He’d likely make it one movie after he remembers why he stopped making movies in the first place which was the toxic fanbase.
    Someone should tell him that this new trilogy seems to be giving people a new appreciation for the prequels!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.