Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not something that is necessarily "great" but one i'd be very curious in:
    Let devs build an expansion they want to play, throw all of this "but then part of the community X will cry" out of the window, perhaps we'd get rid off systems that are just there to please an audience and get fun stuff in the game.

Might not turn out to be a good expansion from my pov, but i'd love to see one just to actually see what the devs like in their game.

1. Fire Ion. There has always been criticism towards company's management, some constructive, some not, but Ion has got to be the one that is universally disliked.
    Bfa is a failure, shadowlands looks even more of the same failure and with less features to boot. Also he is not a great leader in a sense of being honest and straightforward about his mistakes, on the contrary, he is often coming up with retarded arguments to justify his position, which insults customers intelligence.
    He might be a good employee/adviser, but decision maker? Fat chance.

2. Closely inspect good expansions experience and just straight up copy good practices, if you cant come up with something good and working yourself. Why keep trying invent a wheel and then failing miserably. Also choose your battles wisely. New raid mechanics? Great. Class balance fucked up and rebuilt from ground up every now and then? No thank you.

3. Dont be an ass towards gamers and artificially gate content. Keep players in game by making it interesting instead. Also remove pathfinder and fire the person who came up with that retarded idea. Wotlk was great, and flying did not make it less interesting.

So basically yeah, just fire Ion, and everything will work out nice.

So a list of universally good advices:

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I'd probably conduct a few surveys about current WoW, WoW classic and maybe include some other questions (what were your favourite expansions and features) to find out where the biggest overlap is and how you can get people to be invested in the game in the long term again.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Fishing should be a UI changing system like pet battles with actual fishing involved. Could have its own system/resources as well that tie into cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    4. Player Housing. Shh read on.. We have NOTHING that is sustain over all the xpacs and chars we have. (Don't give me mounts and pets.. )
    But a house we can improve and style a bit more with every xpac would be awesome. One house per Faction, per Account.

5. Add Cross-Faction PvE and PvP. Not for story or whateverm but because not being able to play with friends that have chosen another faction then you have sucks.
    Just imagine you would play overwatch and had to choose between Talon and Overwatch and you weren't allowed to play with friends that took the other faction. This would be so stupid..
    Other stuff is either bad or super subjective or small improvements.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-01-09 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I would change the community. Wow's community is so toxic, been playing ffxiv for the first time the past month and it's like night and day.
    That wouldn't be something you have control over if you became Game Director. His post is talking about feasible changes directed at systems or development.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Some classes could get a good revamp. I don't mind reps since you're supposed to get exalted with everything by playing normally when stuff is released instead of coming out of nowhere 1 year late and complaining that nothing was magically done for you.

Also factions need to be deleted.

But I have an even better question for you. Why not just play something else?
    I do play something else. Havent played WoW in almost a year...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    On topic:

I'd probably conduct a few surveys about current WoW, WoW classic and maybe include some other questions (what were your favourite expansions and features) to find out where the biggest overlap is and how you can get people to be invested in the game in the long term again.

On a purely personal level, I'd start with a soft reboot of the setting (maybe another old world revamp with a "dark ages" theme of fallen civilizations, decaying infrastructure, declining cultures and technology, migration etc.) in order to bring things to a more down-to-earth scope when it comes to characters and the overall stories that are being told. I think people are getting really saturated with big screen world ending threats. I'd also reduce the amount of bloated, unnecessary systems that currently plague the game and return it to a previous state (Artifacts/Azerite and other weird power progression systems can go out the window so we can go back to a focus on regular items (maybe set boni), talents and glyphs).
    I'd think about returning the relic and ranged weapon slot (maybe change it up a little e.g. allow warriors to have a shield in the relic slot instead of ranged weapons) and work them into the classes in an interesting way (you could make them function similar to Legiondaries to alter your gameplay in a fun and meaningful way but nothing extremely powerful). I'd also bring back PvP gear (either the MoP or WoD version of it). Class reworks should also be a major factor when it comes to making WoW great again.

Moreover, I'd probably remove World Quests (probably the worst content Blizzard ever created imo). Their rewards (basic gear that gets you into the relevant content but gets irrelevant rather quickly) would be replaced by an overhauled rep faction system that is tied to the different leveling zones and functions similar to the end game Suramar storyline (with a few options for repeatable content that can also involve dungeons, scenarios like the withered stuff etc.). I'd also add mechanics that allow you to speed this process up for alts once you've done these on your main (similar to MoP).

I don't think there need to be fundamental changes to how dungeons/pvp/raids work as they seem pretty popular as they are though maybe I'd prune some of the difficulty options according to player feedback.
    Surveys never work. They just want you to think they're listening, but they wont. They push thier own agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
    I came here to say this.
    This has been said before any "political" slogan was out. Stop making assumptions

There is no way to make it great again.
    At this point we need a whole new game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh too many things would have to change.. but as it is right now I'd be better off just finding something else to do.

Plus the people would have to change and I don't see that happening anymore.

It's all just some lame number simulation game these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Reading comprehension is your friend.

I had flying in Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria and never unsubbed. Why? The game content itself kept me engage I stayed subbed throughout BfA and Legion too, and flying had nothing to do with it. Not having it just makes my game experience slightly more annoying taking extra time having to navigate over nooks and crannies. The one time I unsubbed from WoW had nothing to do with flying, but rather Garrisons and the expansion itself bored me.
    You're wasting your time. With every suggestion that person made he made it more obvious he doesn't play the game at any real level.

Quote Originally Posted by tearsofflame View Post
    Surveys never work. They just want you to think they're listening, but they wont. They push thier own agenda.
    Their agenda is making money. Reaching more players gives them more money so if it's possible to increase the player count (to previous heights) by making adjustments according to player feedback then that's probably in their best interest (especially now that they have a group of players who want very different things from WoW (meaning the classic playerbase)).
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-01-09 at 01:35 AM.

I don't believe in redemption. When you don't like something, it's hard to enjoy after, not impossible but, you just lose a big part of the enjoying while that bad thing is going on, for months, and 2/half years. (For other people, longer than that).

I have always been told, better safe than sorry. Nowadays, i understand this better than i ever did, and wow systematically contains the best example of this, on the opposite side "better sorry than safe". They apply things and expect to be forgiven after applying or re-applying more bad things, that just makes it a mess.

Chromi's tear:

Item made by scribes or alchemist. Consumable with permanent effecr. It re-roll all your abilities and talents to a specific time in the past.

Example: yoy get a 3.3 chromi tear at lvl 120 - During current patch. Once used - it will ADD a specialization tab to your class - the way it was in 3.3.(switchable/toggeled/cancelled in resting areas if wanted).

Legacy gear from the past - will work (tier bonus included).

A fragment of the past - dropped item from end bosses of Current content. It allows you to replace a high ilvl gear pieace with a same gear slot piece from the past. Current content loot will be desteoyed in the process.

Pro:
    More class diversity and customization
    People can pick the class and spec they liked most in their long WoW carear.
    Reducing the gap between ilvl and gear power.
    Example: an end bosd drops a 450 ilvl fragment of the past. You use it on an 450 ilvl (bad for you) trinket and an arcanpcrystal. This will result in 450 arcano crystal and both fragment and other trinket dedtroyed.

That way, you can have TONS of gearing option, mainly from past xpacs, to synergyse with your playstyle and individuality.

Both chance will make no more cookie cuttet build, cause there will be a lot of cookie cutter builds based on both clasd/specialization/gear choice across all WoW timeline.

Also, balance should be better as well. Almost every spec had his moments to shine...you are not FOTM now? Switch to what you were in 3.3 and jump to the front of the line.

It might also bring back players who left because all those changes to their beloved toon...now they could choose to which time in WoW thair toon relates too.

Hmmmm
    I may have a small list of things...

*Leveling Overhaul
    We'll have one next Xpac, so I'm good.

*Making better use of Old content
    Timewalkings are here, I'd like if every week had one tho.
    Dungeon Finder and Raid Finder should be Replaced with Timewalking content, that way getting rid of useless dungeon difficulties and current content Raid Finders (which kinda bothers me)
    I'd also like to see Timewalking world content, like World Bosses and such.
    Gear should obviously be relevant to current content, as it is already.

*Making better use of previous raids from the expansion
    One thing I miss from old expansions like WOTLK is that even in ICC, people would run ToC because there were relevant and BiS items for them there, we also had weekly kill quests that made us go back to certain Raids which was cool.
    World Bosses could get into this too (I like World Bosses).

*World Bosses Respawn Time (Yes, I like them thiiis much)
    The best World Bosses I remember killing were in MoP, they had a relative long respawn time, especially Galleon, which made for a really big event in the realm where everyone went there to try and kill it.
    With Crossrealm being how it is today, I'd imagine a Respawn time-span of 20min to kill the Boss or it would disappear for another two hours or so, making Factions fight for it or things like that.

*Professions Bonuses
    I can't say we NEED them back, but I'd really like to see it again.

*Emblem System
    Reduces the RNG
    Makes ppl want to grind M+, all Raid modes and or BG's, arenas and general content for some solid gear.

*PvP Gear
    Like I've said in previous posts, I'd like to see Resilience again, allowing players to mix and match PvP and PvE Pieces.
    Resilience would, obviously, be the most important for PvP, allowing greater survivability.
    No, Versatility doesn't cut it.
    At this point I'd also be happy with a gear similar to MoP or WoD (Holy shit...), since imo it's better to need a full PvP and have a reason to grind BG's all day again.

*No further "Class" development after Level Cap
    Can we plox just get a Class the way it should be and increase its power with items instead of Azeroth's Blood, Blood Magic or God's Satanic power!?!?

I probably have more things that I'd like to change, but this is a solid list of the most important things I'd like to see.

Make the game full casual. Sure lots of people would stop playing but at least the remaining players would all play the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    By realising that you're simply mistaking your own opinions as facts, dismissing your claims and instead relying on more objective metrics.
    when a game loses around 90% of its subs,its no longer opinion,the bad state of the game is a fact

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tearsofflame View Post
    Also make the game free to play like other MMOs. WoW 2 would work, if you could transfer your progress over. But WoW 2 is basically Shadowlands. It's literally just an expansion
    f2p is the worst idea,its where mmo's go to die,the wow devs are lazy enough as is,make the game free and all their time will go in the cash shop,and ofc it wont just be toys and mounts,it will be boosters and raid gear

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    when a game loses around 90% of its subs,its no longer opinion,the bad state of the game is a fact
    Over ten days? Sure. Over ten years? Most devs would be happy if people still remember that their game exists, never mind playing it.

Over fifteen years with it still being one of the biggest in its genre? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Over ten days? Sure. Over ten years? Most devs would be happy if people still remember that their game exists, never mind playing it.

Over fifteen years with it still being one of the biggest in its genre? You have no idea what you're talking about.
    it doesnt change the facts,a good game doesnt stop being good because of time passing,also there rly havent been many good mmo's coming out to even compete with wow,most mmo's when they decline,like rift end up losing only around half their pop at MOST,wow lost far far more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd start by doing away with references to shitty political slogans.
    Soooo ... people arent allowed to use the simple phrase "great again" - because a president from 1 out of 195 countrys in the world used this as his campaign slogan?

Get rid of Pet Battles and have the time and resources spent on them redirected toward content that is actually useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sconners88 View Post
    Isn't it?

Are you going to try and claim they spent as much time on Class Design in BfA as they spent on other garbage?

Because there wasn't a single class change in the Beta until near the very end. When they realized Azerite was failing and started scampering trying to fix specs that were as boring as watching paint dry.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a new excuse from you.

"The game is 15 years old. It had to start sucking eventually."

People who play this game are fiercely loyal and it takes a LOT to make them leave. BfA did that. Ion and his crew did that.
    yep,loyal 15 years time fan here,even in wod I stuck with it start to end and enjoyed it for what it was,bfa is the first time ever I ever stoped playing 2 tiers in a row

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    Get rid of Pet Battles and have the time and resources spent on them redirected toward content that is actually useful.
    mop introduced pet battles,was mop bad?and even if you think mop was bad,you REALLY think pet battles are to blame?no the blame lies in the poor design choices in other departments

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Soooo ... people arent allowed to use the simple phrase "great again" - because a president from 1 out of 195 countrys in the world used this as his campaign slogan?
    People can say whatever they want - they shouldn´t be surprised when someone gets negative associations connected to something like that though.

In regards to the topic - why would the game have to go that way? Don´t like it, don´t play it. All things must eventually die.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.