Page 49 of 144 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I stopped watching after the 0-3... I get the feeling United are a bit like me running 100m sprint, I start off at the same speed as everyone else for 10 metres and then collapse... It looked like United were actually playing well for the first 10 minutes but then just got outplayed.
    Game over in the first half of the first leg. Only reason we got a goal in second half is because City slacked off and made mistakes.

Team is out of ideas and out of energy, I’d say just field the under 21s for the next couple of games to give people a rest but that’s where we’re already at. So what’s left?

Was gonna comment about how the Chiefs are gonna take it all but I have a feeling we aren't talking about the same football lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Game over in the first half of the first leg. Only reason we got a goal in second half is because City slacked off and made mistakes.

Team is out of ideas and out of energy, I’d say just field the under 21s for the next couple of games to give people a rest but that’s where we’re already at. So what’s left?
    No idea what's left, you're completely right. I'd say "sack Ole" but I don't see any manager fixing this. I'm clueless as to how it can be solved really, and it's rather frustrating.

While sacking Ole to get a competent REAL manager is the right choice, I don't think there's any point to do it now really. No matter who we see as a long term choice, whether it's Poch or one of the young managers in Bundesliga or whoever else - they're not available now and won't leave halfway through a season. Let's try to get the right manager to join us come summer and work to fix the squad as best we can during this window. Ship off Lingard as far away as possible, sort out a few others who aren't up to par and try to sign 1-2 good names to improve the squad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lingard should never be near a United shirt. I don't even know how to fix this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Lingard should never be near a United shirt. I don't even know how to fix this mess.
    you seem to get to the edge of the box and then lose the ball or go backwards. jlingz is horrible though that much is true.

When you think about liverpool, city. leicester (even shef united) most teams have an identity and the entier club, from recruitment to backroom staff know what it is. I couldnt tell you what Man uniteds identity/philosophy is, or has been for the past 5 odd years.

Man utd have an identity. Its getting tinder and tractor sponsorships while the owners throw thier debt into the club and they live off past glory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Man utd have an identity. Its getting tinder and tractor sponsorships while the owners throw thier debt into the club and they live off past glory
    Worked for Liverpool for 30 years :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Worked for Liverpool for 30 years :/
    Does that mean pogba is our suarez as in the best player at the club has given up and is flirting with Spain and we're close to the board not being inept and start working on real talent like fabinho, mane, vvd, Allison etc?

J/k they'll keep getting the Fred's of the world and arguing over a couple mill for players like fabinho and missing out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Offering young an extension just shows how eager they are to reward mediocrity.

How to fans feel about this Saudi game then??

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Offering young an extension just shows how eager they are to reward mediocrity.
    What?! BBC reported yesterday he was off to Inter in the summer. Argh!

According to Ole fanatics, it was a genius move by Ole to advise Woodward to initiate contract talks with Ashley so it would cause a 'bidding war' scenario in an effort to get more money for the 34 year old, converted winger - full back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank fuck he turned it down.

They had to offer him an extension because the squad is already bare bones.

If Brendon Williams didnt look like a promising talent they would have no left backs other than lotto winner luke shaw.

bruno fernandes rumors are back and looking pretty solid this time around with sporting lisbon officials in england to discuss the deal. But I wont hold my breath that would actually be a good signing.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    United win 4-0. Everything is awesome again, top 4 will be easy, etc. etc.

Despite all the doom and gloom, rashford is starting to turn into the player his potential promised.

I dont just mean his goals but his overall play as well. Making much smarter decisions and using his pace well tactically.

Its a shame we have no mid field. If we had pogba playing like he did in his first season who knows how many goals rashy would be on.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was against Norwich, to be fair. I'm not one of those "gid rid of ole wtf" people but they definitely need some changes

I'm still bitter about Ayew getting away with 7 fouls in the Arsenal game, myself.

Sacking Ole would be like changing captains on a sinking ship.

Are there better options out there? Yeah probably.

Would it change all that much? I dont think so.

Not sure what people expect Ole to do. He signed 3 players that went straight into the team and he will no doubt sign more in january and in the coming summer. So potentially 3-5 more signings, most likely players that go straight into the team.

When he has done that he dont have to rely on Lingard, Matic, Pereira, Jones, Rojo++ to carry the matches for the team. Theres so much utter shite in the squad that needs to go, while bringing new and better players in.

Klopp did it over the years with LFC.
    Guardiola did it with City.

Once the deadweight is gone and Ole has brought in players he want, we can really start to judge his performance as manager.

So cool to see Williams coming through the ranks. finally we can care a bit less about shaw being injured.

Great to see Greenwood score a "striker goal" - just calmy place it just out of reach for the keeper.