Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mop had the best music of all expansions

And not to mention the very varied and extremely pretty environment, jade forest, kun-lai with its snowy mountains and steppe'ish' flats, townlong steppes which i didn't like very much aside from the shado-pan dailies, it still had the pretty ox temple. Then there's Dread Wastes, a trudge to get through, but the big kypari trees look very pretty, and the white crystals are neat. Then there's valley of four winds, quite pretty. Then there's krasarang wilds down south, there was the landfall update which was a lot of fun, one of the most fun in fact, aside from thunder isle, which was awesome anyway.
    MOP MUSIC WAS REALLY GOOD OK.

The only one I hated was kazoo music in the shrine. GET THAT KAZOO MUSIC OUT OF MY ROIDED ORC AND INTERGALACTIC DEMON AND DRAGON GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The only one I hated was kazoo music in the shrine. GET THAT KAZOO MUSIC OUT OF MY ROIDED ORC AND INTERGALACTIC DEMON DRAGON GAME.
    That's the best part.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Cata overall had the better music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

WoW music in general is just so good. Like unbelievably good.

I’m gonna have to go with WOTLK, The music in Grizzly Hills was mesmerizing.
    Last edited by Maximus605; 2020-01-11 at 08:10 PM.

WotLK easily has the best music imo. Every expansion has some really good songs, I especially like the music from their RTS games

I for one think WoD had the best music of any expansion. I'm especially fond of Talador's music, but even just the default login screen music was fantastic.

That said, all of WoW's music is great, I'm just harking for a time where zones had single continuous tracks rather than the music changing in every little subzone. It works great the first time you're leveling through a zone because you're usually in a subzone for a while, but when you're just flying through the zones at max level it sounds awful when the music keeps changing drastically midway.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2020-01-11 at 08:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    WoW music in general is just so good. Like unbelievably good.
    ^
    If i could put only a +1 i would instead of quoting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I for one think WoD had the best music of any expansion. I'm especially fond of Talador's music, but even just the default login screen music was fantastic.

That said, all of WoW's music is great, I'm just harking for a time where zones had single continuous tracks rather than the music changing in every little subzone. It works great the first time you're leveling through a zone because you're usually in a subzone for a while, but when you're just flying through the zones at max level it sounds awful when the music keeps changing drastically midway.
    Everytime i go talador and hear one track it has there, i get so chilled. Goddamn. I love that soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXyH27S_y24 5:33 + 15:48
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-11 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk had the best music for me. Grizzly Hills and Fjord and the return of Arthas the lich king sound track was epic.

Close second will be WoD (funny that the expansion is my least favorite), Nagrand theme, Talador theme, and the Iron Horde theme that plays mostly in the Iron Dock dungeon so amazing.

It helps that it is peak WoW. It was when they kept adding and there wasn't nearly as much taking away.

Past MoP their mentality changed. They started seeing everything as an excuse to take away features built up over a decade of the game existing. MoP was the culmination of all the systems, changes and just general open and fun attitude they had towards the game. Where some things could be broken or imbalanced for the sake of fun.

Now it's all about slow down and min maxing player time, it makes me sad. I hope one day to have an MoP server. Ontop of everything, minus Siege, the expansion was the first time WoW broke away from the "big bad wants to kill everything" mold. It started as a skirmish in a new land leading to local uprisings of evil entites. Nothing threatening the world or about to wipe us all out.

The music is bittersweet to me. It feels like an homage to WoW and it's final send off as a truly amazing game. It's never been this good and, as much as i'm a hopeless optimist, it will never be that good again.

Disagree. I think MoP has my least favorite music in it. I cringed everytime the vale of eternal blossoms music came on. and of course the kazoo music. I'd still have to go with Wotlk for the best music.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    Disagree. I think MoP has my least favorite music in it. I cringed everytime the vale of eternal blossoms music came on. and of course the kazoo music. I'd still have to go with Wotlk for the best music.
    Man, the word cringe is sure overused and has no value anymore.

I actually think WoD had the best music by far. Even if it was the worst expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I actually think WoD had the best music by far. Even if it was the worst expansion.
    Agreeing 100%, was just about to write the same.

I disagree. Legion had the best music. I love the music for the vykrill section and val sharah the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I disagree. Legion had the best music. I love the music for the vykrill section and val sharah the most.
    I loved legion music also. As someone said, i will just stick with wow music in general is great.

ive always liked the wow music and actualy been known to resub cos i miss the music and abmbience apart from the odd piece here and there but for me mop is a strange one,i believe it as some of wows best and worst music,certainly some of the most innovative but relies too much on the oriental style imo.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD has the best soundtrack
    TBC close second
    Then Classic

other xpacs have inferior soundtracks