Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people like to complain in life. People are complaining about mechagnomes and you're complaining that they're complaining. Not everyone is going to like what you like and vice versa. My one tip is to not worry about what others think, especially when it comes to minute things like this. Come tuesday, make your mechagnome, level him up and enjoy your experience because regardless of what other people think, it won't affect your gameplay.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I just feel sorry for people who have enough time and energy to complain about something like this. Life is going to hit them hard one day when they have real shit to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    Does it really matter if a race isn't the most in demand? Are you saying that blizzard should simply cave to every popular interest?
    Yeah, they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    So basically that means this game is just Humans & elves and some other random minorities!
    No, but in an ideal world when they're releasing a playable race they should aim for one that gets the playerbase in general excited by the idea.

If you have one race that less than 2% of all players even want to play, making a new playable race based on a subset of these is just a pretty bad creative decision tbh, and was never going to be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    So basically that means this game is just Humans & elves and some other random minorities!
    Or just come up with something good that people want to play maybe? Draenei arent' Humans or elves and they have support, and they weren't even a real race (in their current form) until BC.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn short-cans, seducing our womenfolk with their massive robot penises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    I just feel sorry for people who have enough time and energy to complain about something like this. Life is going to hit them hard one day when they have real shit to worry about.
    Amen.

/10chars

How others feel about races I want to play is so insignificant that I might fall into a coma just thinking about it...

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I don't care if others don't like the stuff I like.
    Exactly. Fucking snowflakes everywhere. Like what you like, let others like what they like. Dislike what you dislike, and let others do the same. Who fucking cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhidana View Post
    Yeah, they should.
    Yeah, I was about to say.

Usually, new races are there to appeal to people? In which case the goal is to appeal to as many people as possible so long as it's reasonable.

Well, with any luck, BFA has made Blizzard never want to release another race again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't bother me. In fact I find some humor in playing and enjoying a race that a lot of people hate.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Well, with any luck, BFA has made Blizzard never want to release another race again.
    Sad, really. There was plenty of potential in the system once they found out what they could experiment with and what limits there were.

Gul'dan sums up the allied races pretty well, really.
    https://youtu.be/QUtoLaQfC0A?t=20

I hate mechagnomes.

With all the junk metal, there's hardly any meat left at all, and gnome were already not a big snack to start with.

So I was to myself. Imagine if you are someone who really wants this race and are happy with every aspect of it right now yet you constantly hear people talking crap about it constantly. Doesn't this begin to get a bit physiologically taxing? For me one of the awesome parts of new allied races is having something to feel hyped about. However, it kinds of detracts from it when one is getting so much hate directed at them from all angles. I was curious if this is something that tends to bother mechagnome fans or they just don't really care.

"physiologically taxing?" I am guessing you were going for psychologically taxing.

Also, mechagnomes are horrible. With so many unique and interesting races to choose from I have no idea why Blizzard would choose that one. Luckily they put them on the alliance side so I'll never have to worry about doing anything but killing them. What was it you were asking about again?

There has been gnome toxicity since the dawn of the game. It's nothing new.

At best, I don't care enough to even notice it. At worst, it's mildly irritating. All the toxicity shows is that they are ignorant people with bland trolling, or salty players who blame mechagnomes for 'taking the place of [insert race here]'. It's not even worth thinking about.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2020-01-14 at 12:25 AM.

Maybe instead of 'toxicity', you should use 'sentiment'. Toxicity is such a lame, dismissive internet buzzword at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, I was about to say.

Usually, new races are there to appeal to people? In which case the goal is to appeal to as many people as possible so long as it's reasonable.
    Its especially frustrating if basically not a single one of the new allied races fits any alliance demands. Mechagnomes would be one thing if it would have been a good expansion for Alliance allied races, but instead they feel like a final kick in the teeth because basically everything we got so far was total shit. Even the Void elves were basically a punch in the face, especially since Ion made it totally look like they are the result of his personal spite and bias.

It also comes off as a punch in the face when one of the by far most unpopular races gets half of a major content patch while the most popular alliance race basically gets shit in the face over and over again and it feels like the devs have either no business sense or want to explicitly drive out all the remaining alliance players by punching over and over again the most popular and played alliance race in the face.

Only good thing Mechagnomes brought with them is the robodrome music.

So I was to myself. Imagine if you are someone who really wants this race and are happy with every aspect of it right now yet you constantly hear people talking crap about it constantly. Doesn't this begin to get a bit physiologically taxing? For me one of the awesome parts of new allied races is having something to feel hyped about. However, it kinds of detracts from it when one is getting so much hate directed at them from all angles. I was curious if this is something that tends to bother mechagnome fans or they just don't really care.
    You’re to blame if you let idiots dictate your mood. Don’t listen to “people” on the internet and your life will be much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    I think it just inherited all the hate people used to have for the "Tinker" class idea.
    Really? Thought it was the "gnome" part.
    Mother pus bucket!