Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I liked dailies more.

If world quests didn't have such a ridiculous reset timer and were more interesting, I'd like them.... but their reset time is atrocious and they're more bland than regular quests. To hell with your bear-ass collecting and bad-guy killing Blizz, grow up.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I liked dailies more.
    The structure of picking them up, doing them, then turning them in I have to admit felt more immersive than what we have now.

But remembering that MoP factions had like... 3 Dailies they rotated through makes me still prefer World Quests over Dailies.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

No, they're kinda the reason I'm taking a break from the game. When there's ALWAYS something to do, that also lacks any depth, it's overwhelming. I missed being able to farm some rep yet still have time to do whatever I felt like including 14+ years of content, but now there's barely time for that unless I 1. Have flying (the main point of reps...) or 2. Play 46 hours a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    If world quests didn't have such a ridiculous reset timer and were more interesting, I'd like them.... but their reset time is atrocious and they're more bland than regular quests. To hell with your bear-ass collecting and bad-guy killing Blizz, grow up.
    It's a Fantasy RPG. You kill bad guys. It's an MMO. You repeat tasks a lot of times and/or at regular intervals. That's never going to change. If it's an issue for you, you're probably playing the wrong kind of game.

Life is repeating tasks wearing increasingly silly hats. Find some you enjoy to spend your free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I hate it too, honestly. Especially in Vale. If there is one thing I don't fucking want to be reminded of in a MoP zone, it's daily quests.
    Ikr.....Blizzard gotta be trolling us with this. The dailies are in the SAME village too lmao.

Nah I hope they remove wq completely. For some reason it feels way better to pick dailys and hand them in after I'm done. I prefer just 1 or 2 zone pick dailys and hand in instead having to fly from fp to fp to do wq

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I really really really wish Blizzard didn't bend the knee on the stupid complaints about world quests. That was such a GREAT system. You could skip progression for up to 3 days and not fall behind because the quests would stay lit. Ever since people whined about world quests, they added back the freaking dailies with the blue exclamation point which means we need to play EVERY DAY or fall behind.

That had to be the most idiotic complaint ever. Can we PLEASE revert that? An emergency patch? Something? Now I gotta travel to the middle of pandaria and then to the middle of uldum every day. Its ridiculous.

World quests only PLEASE.

And I know we still have them, but theyve been demoted. We have to play every day now for full progression.
    You still fall behind a day if you don't do your WQs. Thanks to Blizzards ingenious time-gating systems.

WQs are really bad content and I hope they have some improvements in store in Shadowlands. For all the shit this patch gets at least it's World content feels kind of fresh.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only dumb thing about the dailies in the Vale so far is that you have different spots to turn in and pick up. At least in Uldum you have one main hub so far (not sure what the other invasions are like). But you don't really miss out on much for skipping the dailies. Sure you won't get the rep as fast and stuff but the major rewards are once per assault.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Emissaries =/= world quests. They require world quests to complete, but they are not world quests. You can get credit for them via dungeons etc.

Having said that, world quests are fucking terrible. Dailies are terrible too, but nowhere near as bad as world quests. I would just prefer have a weekly activity to work towards that can be achieved via a myriad of activities, whether that be daily quest turn-ins, raid boss kills, mythic+, pvp etc. I would rather spend my play time on shit I enjoy, not running around doing the same quests forever

I mean, the bonus events that happen around sort of act like world quests, they're just not marked in the map.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    More so when it's the same batch of WQs that keep showing up throughout the week because it's all from the same pool of that week. It ain't exactly "random" that some people would like to believe... sucks when you have that one shitty WQ that keeps cropping up!

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Emissaries =/= world quests. They require world quests to complete, but they are not world quests. You can get credit for them via dungeons etc.

Having said that, world quests are fucking terrible. Dailies are terrible too, but nowhere near as bad as world quests. I would just prefer have a weekly activity to work towards that can be achieved via a myriad of activities, whether that be daily quest turn-ins, raid boss kills, mythic+, pvp etc. I would rather spend my play time on shit I enjoy, not running around doing the same quests forever
    Bring back player agency. Let me run the content I want to run to progress my character.

I am so sick of literally everything being tied behind terrible WQs and reps. Why can't we get unique reps like the Bee for Alliance or Netherwing back in BC? You know, reps that actually have a different activity to do other than hilariously bad WQs.

This is why so many people say they don't put effort in anymore. It's just WQs on WQs on WQs. Oh and here - we're re-using our Invasions tech for the third time.... Which is just more WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Bring back player agency. Let me run the content I want to run to progress my character.

I am so sick of literally everything being tied behind terrible WQs and reps. Why can't we get unique reps like the Bee for Alliance or Netherwing back in BC? You know, reps that actually have a different activity to do other than hilariously bad WQs.

This is why so many people say they don't put effort in anymore. It's just WQs on WQs on WQs. Oh and here - we're re-using our Invasions tech for the third time.... Which is just more WQs.
    Yeah Netherwing is a great example. Completely up to the player to pursue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see the difference between world quests and dailies, both of which are dailies, the only difference is you have to pick up the quests to do the dailies rather than they already exist there, I fail to see the complaint.

You want emmisaries OP but they don't want us to do old world content, IIRC ion saying that, that's why there are no world quests this patch, because it would be part of the rotation with the old stuff, which they don't have to update now to current lvls. When they added the 8.2 emmisaries they updated the old emmisaries rewards.

I got World Quest fatigue now after the paragon-farm, so it's nice to have some quests in Uldum/Vale that just pops up when you fly by. Some variation is nice. Daily/WQ/Random quests together is just healthy.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why players feel obligated to complete everything as fast as possible. Do you really find the rewards THAT enticing? I can't tell you how many times I've seen gear rewards at Exalted that I didn't farm for because they didn't seem worth the effort to me.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

be nice to have a mix... or something. Me? I'm just going to pick a rep and work on that one, once its done move to the other. I'll do invasions but those last more than day. No need to rush it that I see.

edit the Kill 4 rares daily is a stupid PITA though
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    It's a Fantasy RPG. You kill bad guys. It's an MMO. You repeat tasks a lot of times and/or at regular intervals. That's never going to change. If it's an issue for you, you're probably playing the wrong kind of game.

Life is repeating tasks wearing increasingly silly hats. Find some you enjoy to spend your free time.
    Dead horse answer from an unimaginative drone.