Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I guess I see it in PuGs because missing a beam for long enough is WAAAY more punishing than anyone getting high stacks.
    There is a reason why its used in PUGs, if people don't pay attention 1 player might die with the alternative positioning the whole group might wipe. As melee and tank I preffer the normal center position for less camera movement, but I don't really care if the PUG is doing the corner strat, I will just deal with it.

Generally I dont have issues with cleave friendly pulls or fixed tanking positions. Kiting for no reason and spread out pulls that are easy to avoid are things I dont like, since it lowers the DPS from most classes and specs and that prolongs the fights. For this reason I avoid tank specs that dont rely on uptime, because BURST->KITE is the abonimation born in LEGION with the sheer dominance of affliction warlocks, who simply did not have to care for anything.
    -

i find if you just stand in a line of 4 no beam ever gets through, no need to move using the corner strat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why people insist on doing this strat no matter how low the key is?

Like, I see benefits to the strat on "higher" keys (18+) so your ranged don't have to move. But in a 15 or below all it really does is allow the tank to not have to help soak while putting more pressure on the rest of the group to turn their camera around in an awkward way (mostly affects melee) to see the pillar spawns. I've seen more consistent success just tanking him in the middle and allowing the group to easily see the entire arena (plus the tank helps soak which spreads damage around better and results in less stack-refresh accidents).

Is there something I'm missing here?
    When I tank for PUGs I do this .... and I soak. Not sure why the tank wouldn't soak, maybe they're just bad? Anyway, I do it this way so I don't have to count on all 4 of the other ppl knowing what to do since so many ppl are dumb.

As far as the camera issue, I have not personally had problems on this fight (tank or dps), but yeah, that would make it suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Worst thing is when people insist on doing it cuz "it makes soaking easier" and then they still don't soak. Yep, happened to me. Group full of weird strats (including shrouding through trash that a hunter managed to ass pull somehow) and then depleted a 10.
    To be fair if you're using this strat properly it's impossible to "not soak" because a beam will always hit a player and not him.

I do this strat on my alt tanks with random pugs and park my own ass between the boss and the beams so worst case scenerio they fail out of their asses I will still soak it all and the group won't wipe. Have soaked 50+ stacks on a +11 before lmao.

It's a bad strat in general for semi organized groups or groups with high level players in general but there is a reason to use it in random pugs that in general will ignore boss mechanics.

Got busy with work after posting this thread and missed keeping up. Good discussion, glad I wasn't going nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Don't really see why it makes you turn your camera around unless you play zoomed in.
    As melee even with max camera it's sometimes not possible to see spawns without turning if the tank gets the boss as far in the corner as humanly possible (which most tend to do quite effectively lol).