Thread: Levelling Issue

Levelling Issue

Hey, just having an issue with my levelling in WoW Classic. Gotten to Level 41 on my Gnome Mage and I've hit a slump in levelling. What would you say is the most efficient spot for levelling until I can effectively go to Tanaris? I've finished all the quests in the previous areas. Would it be better to simply grind SM Arms, Cath and RFD? What do you recommend? Thank you.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Boars. Lots and lots of Boars.

You could start working on Tanaris already,tbh.
    Feralas is a good area to do before Tanaris,you'll be able to find quests in the Badlands too

Thank you. This will be helpful in getting him up. I appreciate it.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Mythabay View Post
    Hey, just having an issue with my levelling in WoW Classic. Gotten to Level 41 on my Gnome Mage and I've hit a slump in levelling. What would you say is the most efficient spot for levelling until I can effectively go to Tanaris? I've finished all the quests in the previous areas. Would it be better to simply grind SM Arms, Cath and RFD? What do you recommend? Thank you.
    AOE farming in Badlands is pretty decent. You can also get quests done at the same time. A lot of people like Dustwallow.

Go to Badlands or do some dungeons.

When you hit a brick wall in a zone, you can be sure that there is another zone with quests available. STV alone caters to quests between lvl 30-50ish.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2020-01-15 at 11:06 PM.

Questie. Download Questie.

Just do what every other pepega mage did and aoe grind murlocs in north dust wallow marsh.

Grind plentiful of dungeons with friends or guildmates till you hit the certain level till you decide it's enough to go questing to level up. It's mind numbing boredom.

Quests in Tanaris, Dustwallow, Stranglethorn, Ferallas, Badlands, Hinterlands....
    Grinding Scarlet monastery - Cathedral ( used to be very efficient way to leveled up, dont know how hard is to make good group these days)

10+ Year Old Account
    Grind SM CATH than ZF than grind BRD till you puke. Ive grinding instances since SM GY its like 22 or smth dun remember.

I just hit 40. I spent the last two levels grinding level 32-37 quests. It went pretty quickly and now I have a good deal of 38-39 quests to do.

Best way to level in Classic is by following a guide. The quest and leveling design is trash.

I don't understand how people constantly have this problem. Retail questing mindset of skipping quests perhaps. I've leveled 2 (almost 3), now to 60, as Alliance, and when I ding 60 I barely have done a few quests in Winterspring, without even going to East/West Plaguelands. I have almost 3 zones, that I don't even get to do quests in.

I do not grind mobs.
    I probably only do 3 dungeons (for the quests).

I just do EVERY quest, in every zone. If you do this, you're pretty much always constantly leveling on green level quests that are almost borderline gray.

People act like this is hard, or you need a guide, and you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't understand how people constantly have this problem. Retail questing mindset of skipping quests perhaps. I've leveled 2 (almost 3), now to 60, as Alliance, and when I ding 60 I barely have done a few quests in Winterspring, without even going to East/West Plaguelands. I have almost 3 zones, that I don't even get to do quests in.

I do not grind mobs.

I just do EVERY quest, in every zone. If you do this, you're pretty much always constantly leveling on green level quests that are almost borderline gray.

What's your usual /played? I do it in abt 6-7days played. I skip quests but I kill every yellow mob in between me and my next objective. And I gather up every dungeon quest and knock them out in 1 go. That usually fills in every gap for me.

I've finished all the quests in the previous areas.
    ... And other hilarious stories

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand how people constantly have this problem.
    It's pretty funny at this point though
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

3+ Year Old Account
    That level range is the worst IMO. Just stay patient and try to focus on questing, leveling up your professions and changing zones as much as you can to avoid boredom and burnout. Do not spam dungeons on purple experience, it is not worth it at all.

I would check out classicwow.live

They have an excellent built in leveling guide that has every class/race combo as well as if you are solo or in a group.

Justbput in you race, class and lvl you are and it will tell you were you should be thats the most effiecent for xp

10+ Year Old Account

I do not grind mobs.

it's not that hard, if you do all of the quests. But for myself, there are some kinds of quests that I hate... mostly gathering ones they're mostly all artificially long because, e.g. not all goertusks have livers or not all yetis have fur. I understand why they did that, but it's poor design (something Kaplan later admitted) and if you skip gathering quests you hit dead spots.

What I did was simply do several zones at a time. AS noted above, there are a few different zones you can hit up at 41 and while its less efficient due to travel time, it breaks up the monotony. I'd also do some instances that either have good gear for you, good quests or that you simply enjoy. You don't need to grind them 10x but they're a nice change of pace.

3+ Year Old Account
    At this lvl with my mage I grinded tanaris, the dudes east of gadgetzan are like 42 I believe and drop cloth so it was nice for tailoring as well. And I enjoyed already being in the map I was gonna quest in next.

If you can get groups to grind SM cath that's good too.