Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I dunno what you mean to say by linking to an article? What do you want if these cutscenes are so bad to you? Good luck getting a finale to an ever unfolding ongoing story. You want all the npc comments and questtexts fitted in to sate your impatient needs then good luck with that, go watch your anime instead of waisting your time being edgy in a videogame you clearly don't have much left over for.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The scenes with the player and magni talking has been cut from the videos linked here.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

The scenes with the player and magni talking has been cut from the videos linked here.
    I've watched that and it's probably the worst part of the whole thing.

Well that was lame.

Storytelling 101; when the primary plotline is resolved, end the story

The story had already bloody ended; it was ended in Saurfang's Mak'gora.

N'zoth is a tertiary character, at best! Why is he the big finale of the expansion?

Weak ending to the weakest expansion.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I thought the ending cinematic wasn't shown until Method gets world first on the raid and gets to look at it before the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    Hilarious. I bet no one knows the context to this cinematic. Neither the fight nor the aftermath but of course you have to bash it.

Talk about toxic community.

FYI maybe kill the boss yourself and see everything of it, instead of badmouthing a simple supporting cinematic.
    Yeah these fights for sure weren’t on the PTR or anything.

You stocked up on the KY Jelly?

I dunno what you mean to say by linking to an article? What do you want if these cutscenes are so bad to you? Good luck getting a finale to an ever unfolding ongoing story. You want all the npc comments and questtexts fitted in to sate your impatient needs then good luck with that, go watch your anime instead of waisting your time being edgy in a videogame you clearly don't have much left over for.
    Oh so your story has changed from "These aren't the final cinematics" to "what did you want". Then you proceed to call me "edgy" to boot. Lmfao.

Run along with your tail between your legs. You were wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_iH...ture=emb_title

Please stop lying. It's embarrassing.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Yeah these fights for sure weren’t on the PTR or anything.

You stocked up on the KY Jelly?
    You're bored of mushing bugs yet? Without being there every end-raid cinematic is shit as it's taken out of context.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Whilst I'm not overwhelmed with this ending cinematic I'm not sure what people were expecting? Out of all the ending cinematics we've got this is probably #3 after WotLK and Legion (and that's ONLY because we saw sargeras)...would people have just preferred no cinematic like C'thun and Yogg?

The fact that there's people in actual denial that these are the ending cinematics goes to show just how laughable they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Uh, did the Blizz cinematic team just rewatch Return of the King, because the music and tower collapse looks pretty familiar.
    When a filmmaker takes pacing and edit cues from a prior source, we typically call that a homage.

If they'd lifted narrative or plot points, that would be clumsy theft.

I'm leaning towards homage in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Well that was lame.

Storytelling 101; when the primary plotline is resolved, end the story

The story had already bloody ended; it was ended in Saurfang's Mak'gora.

N'zoth is a tertiary character, at best! Why is he the big finale of the expansion?

Weak ending to the weakest expansion.
    That's one of the weirdest things about this whole expansion to me.

From at least the preview chapter they gave us for Before the Storm, it seemed like the expansion was going to be about Sylvanas. They danced around Teldrassil and Lordaeron, but in the end, Teldrassil was Sylvanas. Then we were given an unprecedented series of full cinematics peppered throughout the expansion, that all revolve around the war between the Horde and Alliance and culminate in Sylvanas being ousted as Warchief.

Then Shadowlands is announced. Sylvanas is confirmed to be a major character in the next expansion, leaving Battle for Azeroth to be capped off by... N'Zoth?

Looking back however, it made me wonder if Battle for Azeroth was always supposed to have been the N'Zoth expansion. You had Azshara meddling during the leveling (even if her connection to the Zandalar stuff was made less explicit by launch), 8.1 had N'Zoth being set up more with the Crucible of Storms raid, 8.2 had us confront Azshara after all this time, and 8.3 ends with N'Zoth. If you just look at a patch outline, it wouldn't look like anything other than a N'Zoth/Azshara expansion.

The problem is, it was never actually focused on. The unprecedented cinematics alone overshadow absolutely anything else that the expansion could have done. Even without those, however, the biggest mystery of the expansion was probably what Sylvanas and Nathanos were up to, followed by who set Vol'jin up. We were never given any particular reason to care about N'Zoth and Azshara's meddling. There was no hint that N'Zoth's rising was altering our perception of reality, there was no real implication that the war was being orchestrated by the Void, because we were pretty much shown that Sylvanas really was doing these things through the loyalist option, and even implied that she was using N'Zoth as a pawn in her scheme, so there was never a reason to care about N'Zoth and Azshara.

There was at least some mystery in N'Zoth claiming a desire to aid us on and off throughout the expansion, and to warn us about some greater threat, but none of it really mattered in the end. The end of the War Campaign and the Shadowlands announcement revealed that it was all about Sylvanas and the Jailer well before 8.3, and N'Zoth proceeds to not actually do anything about any of it (and in fact, helps facilitate some of it by working with Sylvanas). Despite all of the build up that N'Zoth is the most clever Old God and he was smart enough to keep away from us until he was fully unleashed, all he does is jump in front of our proverbial bullet despite claiming he wanted to point us at the Jailer.

I'm just left wondering what expansion Battle for Azeroth even was.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2020-01-22 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    This is pathetic
    It would be hilarious if Blizz is rushing to assemble the animators to make a quick mythic only finale to try and 'rectify' this PR fiasco.

These are supporting cutscenes provided for the raid and tells us zero about how the lore will develop exactly because that stuff is still locked away and embedded in encryption.
    ??
    There is nothing other than that. N'Zoth is gone as far as we know and Magni calls you the hero of Azeroth.

Try to keep up if you're gonna get up on a high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Hey, it's still better than WoD's ending.
    Yeah, I don't think it'll beat the cringiest of cringe "Draenor is free!" cry.

Wrathion cinematic was good, but the raid one is a nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    That's one of the weirdest things about this whole expansion to me.

From at least the preview chapter they gave us for Before the Storm, it seemed like the expansion was going to be about Sylvanas. They danced around Teldrassil and Lordaeron, but in the end, Teldrassil was Sylvanas. Then we were given an unprecedented series of full cinematics peppered throughout the expansion, that all revolve around the war between the Horde and Alliance and culminate in Sylvanas being ousted as Warchief.

Then Shadowlands is announced. Sylvanas is confirmed to be a major character in the next expansion, leaving Battle for Azeroth to be capped off by... N'Zoth?

Looking back however, it made me wonder if Battle for Azeroth was always supposed to have been the N'Zoth expansion. You had Azshara meddling during the leveling (even if her connection to the Zandalar stuff was made less explicit by launch), 8.1 had N'Zoth being set up more with the Crucible of Storms raid, 8.2 had us confront Azshara after all this time, and 8.3 ends with N'Zoth. If you just look at a patch outline, it wouldn't look like anything other than a N'Zoth/Azshara expansion.

The problem is, it was never actually focused on. The unprecedented cinematics alone overshadow absolutely anything else that the expansion could have done. Even without those, however, the biggest mystery of the expansion was probably what Sylvanas and Nathanos were up to, followed by who set Vol'jin up. We were never given any particular reason to care about N'Zoth and Azshara's meddling. There was no hint that N'Zoth's rising was altering our perception of reality, there was no real implication that the war was being orchestrated by the Void, because we were pretty much shown that Sylvanas really was doing these things through the loyalist option, and even implied that she was using N'Zoth as a pawn in her scheme, so there was never a reason to care about N'Zoth and Azshara.

There was at least some mystery in N'Zoth claiming a desire to aid us on and off throughout the expansion, and to warn us about some greater threat, but none of it really mattered in the end. The end of the War Campaign and the Shadowlands announcement revealed that it was all about Sylvanas and the Jailer well before 8.3, and N'Zoth proceeds to not actually do anything about any of it (and in fact, helps facilitate some of it by working with Sylvanas). Despite all of the build up that N'Zoth is the most clever Old God and he was smart enough to keep away from us until he was fully unleashed, all he does is jump in front of our proverbial bullet despite claiming he wanted to point us at the Jailer.

I'm just left wondering what expansion Battle for Azeroth even was.
    Your post makes too much sense. You do not belong here.

kidding. But really though, reading it I find myself agreeing on every point. BfA could have been all about N'zoth and all this would have made sense. But, Blizzard had to shove THE FOURTH WAR down our throats and make this a lead in for Shadowlands. N'zoth was just another supporting character for Danuser's Waifu.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the only one, who got Kerrigan vibes?

oh my god..

from the beginning to the end..

THIS IS THE WORST XPAC!