Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for Taliesin & Evitel's 37 minutes recap video.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Holy shit... it is so bad that they even unlisted it from their YT channel.
    They do that so people don't see spoilers in their feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Niffo View Post
    Shadowlands cinematic is a spoiler by itself, you clearly see there isn't any old god influence there.

Quote Originally Posted by Niffo View Post
    What spoilers exactly? How surprising that N'zoth is dead (or atleast 'dead')... and we will continue in Shadowlands.

Hah god dammit thats bad! The previous cinematics in this Xpac were pretty strong - but this? As a ending to BFA? wow, just wow.

Have fun playing 8.3 for 7+ months

10+ Year Old Account
    Horrific visions indeed.

N'zoth and the Black Empire have been wasted on this expasion.

What if this ending is supposed to look like "too good to be true" and that he was defeated so easily?

I think that there is still a twist some where. He plays with peoples mind, so this goody good ending with no real consequence is maybe just a vision he wants us to see.

But then again, with no 8.3.5, There is nothing they can really do tbh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    The entire cinematic including the shitty in-game Dragon Ball Z KAMEEEEEHAAAAMEEEEEHAAAAAA scene added on is even worse.

For anyone wondering why this dude is defending this trash:

It's even worse with context. HAHAHAHA

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. The cinematic that everyone assumed could possibly be a Mythic only stage turned out to be the Wrathion cinematic.

Only two encrypted ones were found. This and Wrathion. LOOOOL
    Player is in cinematic? I can't wait to see my cute gnome 'lock with Pepe on her hat blast that N'zoth.........

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    Horrific visions indeed.

That was what the new patch brought? Gheyyyyyy!

5+ Year Old Account
    We didn't even get Santa Pepe this xpac, from start to finish this xpac has been total poop!

Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    It almost seems like they are trolling us. It's like they are sitting around thinking "How bad can we make this game and people still pay us for it?"
    Or maybe, just MAYBE, the millions of people just playing the game are happy with the way it is, and it's just the 50-odd whiny bitches on MMOChamp that should grow a pair and just stop playing a game they obviously do not like and is not designed with their snowflake mentality in mind....

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    wtf was that ending?? 30s of buildings being destroyed like its the Lord of the Rings OMEGALUL

Blizzard has oficially thrown down the towel, they dont give a sh*t at this point

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Or maybe, just MAYBE, the millions of people just playing the game are happy with the way it is, and it's just the 50-odd whiny bitches on MMOChamp that should grow a pair and just stop playing a game they obviously do not like and is not designed with their snowflake mentality in mind....
    This has so many logical fallacies I have no idea where to start.
    Fate is one you forge with your own two hands.

ironic that you, the individual 1, attempt to speak for the "millions" because you -- the individual 1 -- feel differently.

also, i take it you only go on MMOC and no other WoW-related website?

like the wow sub-reddit? where the majority are also criticizing the finale.

or even the official wow forums? where the majority are also criticizing the finale.

i doubt you do, because you would not have said such utter nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    That's one of the weirdest things about this whole expansion to me.

From at least the preview chapter they gave us for Before the Storm, it seemed like the expansion was going to be about Sylvanas. They danced around Teldrassil and Lordaeron, but in the end, Teldrassil was Sylvanas. Then we were given an unprecedented series of full cinematics peppered throughout the expansion, that all revolve around the war between the Horde and Alliance and culminate in Sylvanas being ousted as Warchief.

Then Shadowlands is announced. Sylvanas is confirmed to be a major character in the next expansion, leaving Battle for Azeroth to be capped off by... N'Zoth?

Looking back however, it made me wonder if Battle for Azeroth was always supposed to have been the N'Zoth expansion. You had Azshara meddling during the leveling (even if her connection to the Zandalar stuff was made less explicit by launch), 8.1 had N'Zoth being set up more with the Crucible of Storms raid, 8.2 had us confront Azshara after all this time, and 8.3 ends with N'Zoth. If you just look at a patch outline, it wouldn't look like anything other than a N'Zoth/Azshara expansion.

The problem is, it was never actually focused on. The unprecedented cinematics alone overshadow absolutely anything else that the expansion could have done. Even without those, however, the biggest mystery of the expansion was probably what Sylvanas and Nathanos were up to, followed by who set Vol'jin up. We were never given any particular reason to care about N'Zoth and Azshara's meddling. There was no hint that N'Zoth's rising was altering our perception of reality, there was no real implication that the war was being orchestrated by the Void, because we were pretty much shown that Sylvanas really was doing these things through the loyalist option, and even implied that she was using N'Zoth as a pawn in her scheme, so there was never a reason to care about N'Zoth and Azshara.

There was at least some mystery in N'Zoth claiming a desire to aid us on and off throughout the expansion, and to warn us about some greater threat, but none of it really mattered in the end. The end of the War Campaign and the Shadowlands announcement revealed that it was all about Sylvanas and the Jailer well before 8.3, and N'Zoth proceeds to not actually do anything about any of it (and in fact, helps facilitate some of it by working with Sylvanas). Despite all of the build up that N'Zoth is the most clever Old God and he was smart enough to keep away from us until he was fully unleashed, all he does is jump in front of our proverbial bullet despite claiming he wanted to point us at the Jailer.

I'm just left wondering what expansion Battle for Azeroth even was.
    +1 for sure.

BfA told 2 stories completely disconnected from each other and as a result neither story was satisfying.
    Either their new writers are incompetent or something really fucked up development leading to a scramble to piece 'something' together..
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe you are one of the last silly fanboys who still dares to defend this steaming pile of shit called Bfa.

FFXIV in comparison looks like it is from another planet.
    WoW - mobile indie game quality.
    Where did they put our money?
    Honestly... shame
    >.<
    drowning ship...
    Last edited by Mataleo; 2020-01-22 at 11:19 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adversarius View Post
    I have little faith in Blizzard to do really anything right, but I don't buy that this is the actual end to Ny'alotha. The last phase of the Mythic N'zoth encounter suggests that the Forge of Origination doesn't actually work on him.

So for now, my assumption is that the end of the normal/heroic fight is a hallucination created by N'Zoth, and that Mythic is the true ending.

Even thematically, this ending doesn't fit with the ending of literally every other expansion ending cutscene. Every single one of our victories come at some sort of a price or twist.

WoTLK: There must always be a Lich King, so Bolvar has to take on the role of the Jailer of the Damned.

Cata: We defeat Deathwing, but the Aspects have to sacrifice their power and become moral.

MoP: We stop Garrosh, but the Pandaren force us not to kill him, which eventually leads to the Iron Horde being formed.

WoD: We kill Archimonde, but Gul'dan is flung into our reality and summons the Legion.

Legion: We beat Argus, but Sargeras stabs Azeroth, releasing Azerite and causes a new war to start between the Horde and Alliance.

This cutscene doesn't conclude the story of the expansion. It doesn't even have any dialogue; it's not even a full minute long. Blizzard's story telling has been really bad in this expansion, but I don't believe that it's actually this bad. I'm waiting until the Mythic encounter is downed before making my judgement.
    So...mythic Ragnaros with legs kinda deal is somehow an improvement story-wise?