Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Yes, they have acknowledged it, yet they have done absolutely NOTHING about it yet. Isn't anyone else suspicious? This should be a very easy problem to fix, yet Blizzard has no clue what to do apparently, otherwise they would have done it already.

Are you really going to believe them that everyone is getting their gold back? I wouldn't, for sure. It's been almost a week and the problem still persists.
    You are clearly a paranoid person. Unhealthily so. Making troll threads like this is so childish, just go play the game. Bliz made a statement they know there's a bug, nothing is lost. Either believe them as an adult or go sulk like a child but in the last case I suggest you stop playing this game and go do pokemon or something.

Not often that I put a 10 year member on ignore, but you are clearly too stupid or too toxic to be worth seeing any other posts from.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    So, basically, this is a "I know Blizz has addressed this but let me bitch about it anyway" thread.
    It is a "this is why mmo-c needs real moderation" thread, because this thread should have been closed, tbh. People who hate WoW like OP shouldn't be allowed to post.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

People are talking about it, very repeatedly.

As for being an easy problem to fix, that's extremely unlikely. It's not like Blizzard doesn't care if it pisses off its playerbase with game-breaking bugs and tons of gold--gold that has a good chance to be paying for WoW tokens. And that means this is a number one priority for Blizzard to fix, so don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Same as the bugs in 8.3, really. You can certainly criticize the developers for faulty programming, but faulty programming will *always* be a factor in the systems in use because no one is inerrant when it comes to coding, and sometimes new code can trigger bugs in existing code no one had any clue to even check for in the first place.
    Hard to tell what people even mean by the "8.3 has the most bugs ever" stuff. Perhaps it is because I don't speak mouthbreather or twitchstreamer (both dialects of the same tongue). I haven't seen any extensive lists of bugs, just fairly normal stuff. Some normal stuff is "easy" stuff to catch and fix.

Like... the execute essence was bugged to give rank 3 at rank 1. That's something that "should" have been caught in PTR testing pretty easily. And I do software for a living, so that's not armchair. I looked at 1 WCL of a raid of EP and said "hey look, it spikes up after 20%, even though rank 1, huh." and there is no reason Blizzard shouldn't have caught that.

But yeah I said elsewhere in the thread that changing the AH/Mail System is NOT easy at all, it a foundational system to the game engine and touching it is VERY DANGEROUS and we see why now with the on-topic for this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They've said they'll fix it and we'll all get our stuff, just a bit delayed, hardly matters to me. I care a lot more about 8.3 causing my game to crash every few minutes.
    Making false statements like this realllly should be bannable.

Regardless, only you are responsible for the addons you put in your client.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    o.0.. But yeah for sure lmao. That certain Blizzard polish has been long gone. So sad.
    long gone? when was it present in wow? was there ever any patch without bugs? some are worse, some are minor, but every single patch wow ever released had bugs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they have acknowledged it, yet they have done absolutely NOTHING about it yet. Isn't anyone else suspicious? This should be a very easy problem to fix, yet Blizzard has no clue what to do apparently, otherwise they would have done it already.

Are you really going to believe them that everyone is getting their gold back? I wouldn't, for sure. It's been almost a week and the problem still persists.
    Then contact Blizzard and tell them how to fix it, since you clearly have in depth knowledge of what's causing the issue.

They've said they're working on it and that no ones going to lose gold, the impatience and entitlement here is incredible.

I bitch about it all the time. Everyone else seems to LOVE the new AH. I just wish instead of wasting their time on that, they'd revamped the quest log, instead. Presumably it's the same team, and yet they decided to replace and break something that worked well enough, while ignoring the steaming pile of disorganized (and too limiting) crap that is the quest log.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    People are talking about it, very repeatedly.
    Not really they aren't. There were like two posts with less than 400 upvotes on reddit and like one thread on mmo-c that got burried very quickly.

This bug affects the game in a major way, basically the AH is unusable right now. Which IS (!) gamebreaking for a lot of people.

Sounds like the database works just fine it's the distribution that's broken.

Clearly OP should apply to be on the software development team. Issues so simple like this an idiot could do it with their hands tied behind their back.

I think what we need to consider here is that OP has inside information that this is an issue made by Blizzard to sabotage the gaming community by breaking the auction house and sitting on the fix that they've had on hand since the patch came out.

Wake up sheeple, if Blizzard can't make you spend your gold, they'll take it forcefully through "broken" features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really they aren't. There were like two posts with less than 400 upvotes on reddit and like one thread on mmo-c that got burried very quickly.

This bug affects the game in a major way, basically the AH is unusable right now. Which IS (!) gamebreaking for a lot of people.
    Clearly you have the solution right there on the tip of your programming fingers... you should dial up Blizzard right now and offer to fix it for them since you clearly know more than any of them do...

Be the hero you are looking for... Be OUR hero

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

People probably "aren't talking" about it, because...talking about it won't make the problem disappear, so, there's no point in talking about it. Unless you want to complain about it, which is all that WoW's "community" is doing lately, then go ahead I guess, you do you.

I for one kinda enjoy the bug, much fewer people are posting up auctions, since they're afraid of losing gold, prices have gone up, competition is down, will be fun to have fuckton of gold arrive in the mail once the bug is gone
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

I had no idea you were a developer that had knowledge about how in game mail would work on a game with cross faction and cross server trading

Please enlighten us as to how simple this fix is

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    long gone? when was it present in wow? was there ever any patch without bugs? some are worse, some are minor, but every single patch wow ever released had bugs...
    Nothing to this extent, ever.

Not really much to talk about, Blizzard said there is a big, said the gold will get delivered, and while I don't know if I'm actually missing any gold, as long as it does get delivered, preferably before they remove the brutosaur, i don't really care, and it's not like there is anything as players can do. It'll be a nice surprise to log on and maybe have thousands to hundreds of thousands suddenly delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Also even if they did know about it (as OP's recent post shows he knew about it), some people just like to complain.
    This is also very true sadly. "My voice must be heard!", no it really doesn't.

So since last Wednesday more often than not the gold from sold Auctions on the auction house simply disappears, never appearing in the mail box of the character that sold the items.

This is affecting a lot of people on every realm, yet no one is talking about it here or on reddit?

This is a completely game breaking bug that Blizzard was not able to fix yet. Essentially the AH is not usable right now. Does this not bother anyone else?! I find it completely unacceptable by Blizzard and this is absolutely something that should have been discovered / fixed on the PTR. Yet, it has not been.

Just curious why there aren't 100 threads about this. People must not really care about the AH or just simply don't notice hundreds of thousand of gold missing from their auctions..
    Everybody knows that and everybody is talking about it. Also it was to be expected. Blizz even said so. That is the whole reason why they never really touched it. It can go down really bad. But they are working on it. Also they have a record of every lost sale where you did not get money. So no one lost anythign just delayed.

you are obviously a god tier coding genius, why dont you go there a fix it for them, since aperently it is so easy for you

PS: not everyones AH is bugged, mine works just fine, a few people in my guild have issues with it

You can blame me for it guys...iam sorry.
    Do you remember the Legion quest when we were helping the postmaster? well yea one of these tubes got cloged when i was operating the thing. It looked like it wont be a problem, boy i was wrong

Just stop talking. Seriously. NOTHING huh...... First step is admitting. You don't think they're going through backlogs? Do you even know how many auctions happen on any given server, LET ALONE ALL OF THEM. You don't think there isn't a small team working on a script to automate what they have to do?

I don't know about you, but going through hundreds of thousands of transactions, if not millions, is not an easy task. Especially when it's something on the scale that this is.

Why don't you start with something small, like the timeclock system being down and having to go in and manually put in all the employers time. Lets say it's a small company, under 100 employees. It'll take a little time, sure. Now multiple that across a game that has MILLIONS of people playing.

How about you do something like going outside into the real world. This isn't something like changing an item from being unique to allowing it to stack in your bag.

You need to grow up. Take a deep breath, and go hang outside in the open air.

And nevermind the 3-day weekend.
    Last edited by scelero; 2020-01-22 at 01:55 PM.