• Taken Away!

9 12.68%
  • Regulated

49 69.01%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    I did not know the 2nd amendment involved forcing pro-gun politicians into hiding.
    Charlottesville all over again! Context is hard.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Oh my...another thread devoted to the irrational fears of the demonic Right who happen to value their second amendment rights. But let's take a moment to rejoice that the sky hasn't fallen once again...and that reality has prevailed...once again. Hallelujah!

But seriously, this kind of speculative horseshit (with zero basis in fact) only serves to reinforce and perpetuate a 'less than rational' worldview. We need to reject this kind of low resolution thinking if we're to aspire to a more prominent position on the bell curve. Just saying.
    And yet, Trump was the one that banned bump stocks, and called for gun confiscation without due process.

I guess Trump doesn't value the 2nd Amendment.

We had terror attack threats with members of a domestic terror Group being arrested. Are these imaginary things?
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-01-23 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Who cares about context?

Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    You could've just said you were referring to the Federalist Papers. But I should be the one facepalming because you still didn't tell me where it says that 2A specifically refers to an outside force. 2A exists so that the people can protect themselves. Whether that's from an outside force or from their own government if devolves into tyranny isn't specified as far as I'm aware.
    ROFLMAO, nice try you clearly had no clue since you called them imaginary when I was talking about the context in which the constitution was written. You continue to show your ambivalence by those statements, from their papers to Washington's farewell address they were deathly afraid of outside forces.

"Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence... the jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly awake, since history and experience prove that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of republican government."

The saddest part about this these type of things are all over TV with the Trump impeachment having to do with foreign influence so not only are you ignorant but you have zero intellectual curiosity. I am going to stop replying now as I feel I am punching down I mean way way down pick up a book or stop talking about things you don't know.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Who cares about context?
    It's kind of an important thing if you expect to engage in honest discussion.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We had terror attack threats with members of a domestic terror Group being arrested. Are these imaginary things?
    Its scary to think about, they were planning on lighting the powderkeg down there. Conservatives like to think all those guns would make them safe, but really once the shooting starts there's no way anyone would know who's "good" or "bad", there's a good chance all these armed buffoons would just unload on anyone else shooting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This was a peaceful pro-2nd amendment demonstration and conflating it with Charlottesville racism and violence is dishonest as hell.

This was a peaceful pro-2nd amendment demonstration and conflating it with Charlottesville racism and violence is dishonest as hell.
    Because the terrorist got arrested first....

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    So what is so peaceful about forcing pro-gun policitions into hiding... again?

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread has deviated on and off and has ultimately centered on gun-control. Take it to the mega-thread.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."