Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    People actually liked Timeless Isle when it was current?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    People actually liked Timeless Isle when it was current?
    From what I remember people hated it for anything other than quick levelling, farming rates or farming players.
    If you were not a collector, altoholic or raging dpuchebag using the stealth shell to grief players into being attacked by the anti PvP guards then it was pretty horrible
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    How will wow survive content drought without sandbox?
    WoW won't survive. Internal memo's are floating around Activision HQ discussing how to shut down the game during 9.X in the least painful way.

What the timeless isle did have though, which is what no patch island has yet managed to emulate is making the kind of zone where idly farming mobs while waiting for a rare is a somewhat enjoyable past time.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Would you like to explain the difference between the "sandbox" of TI and Uldum/Vale?
    The answer will be "well, it's different because I said it was different" while they have exactly the same concept. However Uldum and Vale are way better sandboxes than Timeless isle.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-01-24 at 12:21 PM.

There seems to be a trend among AAA MMO developers to be realistic and/or cautious in the face of the threat of over-regulation by saying through actions and even words: “There are other games, take a break, you’ll be back.”

WoW has classic and WC3R. FFXIV’s devs have flat out said that it’s ok to take breaks (while maintaining expensive housing that goes poof if you’re gone too long) and honestly... they’re not wrong. No one game can or should ask for all of a player’s time in the current market, particularly a genre on the decline like the MMORPG.

Take a break, there are other games, you’ll be back, and if not... they have no right to try to keep you here if you’re that unhappy, and they’re done trying to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    WoW won't survive. Internal memo's are floating around Activision HQ discussing how to shut down the game during 9.X in the least painful way.
    Do you have any source on that or are you just making that up?

I'm guessing the latter, because WoW remains one of the biggest income sources for Activision Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    but..

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-in-wow-heaven

8.3 is the best sandbox ever made! Literally WoW heaven!!

/s

Just thought it was funny these 2 threads are on the same page.
    Because god forbid there is any positivity on this shithole site. Only WoW/Blizzard bashing is allowed here. e_e

If you truly believe a rumor like that, boy do I have bridges to sell to you!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Do you have any source on that or are you just making that up?

I'm guessing the latter, because WoW remains one of the biggest income sources for Activision Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    If you truly believe a rumor like that, boy do I have bridges to sell to you!
    The info was provided in a private youtube video. The author swears he got the information from reliable trushworthy internal sources.

Don't you guys get it? WoW is dying! Youtubers say so.

I'd like to toss out a recommendation to you and anyone else worried about the drought. Look into quitting gaming over the period of the drought. Go hiking, traveling, reading, full body training, focusing more at work (if you don't have a job try to find one), and putting more effort into reality versus the virtual. By then the new expansion will come out and you've spent a lot of time progressing in your very real and tangible life instead of consistently feeling a bit down because there is nothing to do in the video game. Plenty of things to do in life!

Don't understand what people are complaining about. I have always millions of things to do but raiding, azerite farm and mythic plus always gets in the way.

This year I finally have time to level up my alts and do those achievements I always wanted to do. And also all the pet leveling.

"Content drought" just means that people are done with the 1% of the game they wanted to do.

- - - Updated - - -

The info was provided in a private youtube video. The author swears he got the information from reliable trushworthy internal sources.

Don't you guys get it? WoW is dying! Youtubers say so.
    Funny post. Wow has a larger income due to in game shop than ever.

YouTubers say whatever they need to get that high viewcount.l

Its always funny how people complain about sandbox. Uldum is literally like a new zone. I have dont uldum quests on multiple characters but they were so streamlined that I never did much of exploring there. So it was basically done and forgotten zone for me and I would guess for most of the people. Now doing the quests and looking for chests or rares have me running around in places that I didn't pay attention earlier. Uldum could be the greatest use of old content Blizzard has ever done in this game.

Naw, my brother works at Activision, can't tell his name ofc, but he told me that in a super secret project they are making WoW into a VR game in 2020, just before Shadowlands, you are basically transported into Azeroth and inhibit your avatar, with your brain controlling it via normal impulses and receiving real-time stimuli. The future is bright!

Also, apparently, they are breeding Murlocs in the cellar to build an army to take over the US as retaliation for the attack of congress on them. But you don't know that from me.

How will WoW survive the content drought? As it always does. Fine.

People will go on running raids and M+ for several month yet. They will log in to meet with friends and do stuff with their guilds. Then they make alts and get those leveled and geared and maybe run raids on those for a change.
    Others will PvP which has very little connection to content updates anyway

These things can keep you busy for six month easy. Then you can do other games for a bit and a few month later we have the pre-patch. WoW is working for 15 years with this concept, it is just that the Doomsayers are getting louder and louder and harping on every last bit of negative press they can find. Some people just wanna watch the world (of warcraft) burn

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Wow has a larger income due to in game shop than ever.
    Blizzard revenue and margins have fallen markedly over the years, so I highly doubt this.

What was it that made you think this was true?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I don't think the drought will be any better or worse than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Timeless isle was jade forest with the exception of the yaungol world boss area which was a copy of the existing structure in tow long steppes.

Uldum and Vale are just as much a sandbox as Timeless isle, the only marked difference is the lack of world buffs and 8.3 having flying and therefore feeling smaller.

Then you could argue whole of Pandaria looked like a jade forest, because of similar sprite used lol

Vale and Uldum != new sandbox. People actually play for many reasons then just “we got something to do” mindset. A new zone is something fresh, new lore , explore but no, use old zones and call it content.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    In all fairness...12 000 ppl considered "active" on this forum will all have different opinions. Even only the 200 members online right now as I write will have different opinions.

Which makes it all the more hilarious when I read threads, where a guy thinks "we" can help Blizzard. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...and-all-of-us)

As if "we" ever agreed on anything. ^^ - But like I said, it is to be expected.

If there is a "trend" however, it is that people are more likely to make critical threads. Kinda like the news....no news is "Hey all is gonna work out, here is the weather" - it is more "the world is still fucked".
    Oh yeah, I def agree with you. I just found it very funny side to side

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they refresh their minds after realising classic? Nope! They goin further in this madness. WoW isnt really sandboxed MMO anymore. Now its single player game gated by the time and closed in specific areas. I see crowds only in major places like cities. World mostly is empty.
    Last edited by czarek; 2020-01-24 at 01:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I plan to just level my allied race toons and unlock all the heritage armor as long as I can continue having fun doing so. If I get bored, I'll unsub, but $15 a month is no skin off my nose. I spend more at Chipotle sometimes ($9 burritos wtf.) $15 a month for leisure entertainment at my disposal is still cheaper than going to the movies at night.
    Almost exactly me minus Chipotle (not one within an hour of me). I leave the sub active, and level allied races or play the AH game casually. I have fun with 8.3 content on nights i am feeling antsy but i dont feel pressured to do any of it. Especially in my guild because we have 5 raid teams, and one does casual heroics that just slowly progress throughout the patch cycle. I have not missed an Ahead of the Curve and have not stressed over neck level or AP grind at all.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.