Poll: Rate: World of Warcraft: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So interesting that they should take what players liked in an expansion and move forward with it. But nope.
    WoD has had great leveling. Never seen that again. What we have is boring quests in huge zones, you kill the same enemies for hours. There's hardly ANY zone story in WoW that needs 3-4 hours of continuous telling. (same in Legion). Funnily enough we've probably spent way more time with Nazmir's story ALONE than with old golds or anything else. The balance is WAY off.
    MoP has had timeless isle, progressive/unlockable rep stories, rep boost on alts, and stuff like that. Never seen any of that again. Now we have "campaigns". Yuck.

I liked the Zandalari and the Kul'Tirans.
    All 6 zones had a nice story to them. Nice art and sound.
    The cinematics were top notch.

Expansion features were basically all trash. Or big downgrades from Legion.
    Leftover features from Legion, world quests, Mythic Dungeons, still rocked.
    Shame they didn't keep Artifact Weapons, or class designs in-tact.

Shame they didn't focus on one storyline or the other. Feels unrewarding with no payoff.
    The ending... I don't even....sad.

Only still subbed for the raid with my guild. My friends.
    Despite the things I liked, one of the worst expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    I liked the Zandalari and the Kul'Tirans.
    All 6 zones had a nice story to them. Nice art and sound.
    Legion's too but BfA's zone stories are like Supergirl tv show. Nothing REALLY happens for a period of time, sometimes there is a bit of interesting thing, but just drags on and on and on (Lightforged draenei and dark iron questline comes to mind, jesus christ). For hours and hours. The story could have been faster. Instead of 30 "kill x blood troll" quest there could have been 10-15. But this is what happens when you HAVE TO create enough quests so players can level up. The story itself was interesting but the questflow was shit.

PvE: incredible improvements on m+ transitioning it from an AOE fest to the hardest content in the game. I would actually like them to keep the trash complexity/number of abilities/etc. and perhaps just remove tyrannical/fortified. Other than that, all seasonal affixes have been an absolute blast to play through and learn.

3+ Year Old Account
    It was bad, but it could have been so much worse. Questing was as good as ever though, atleast on the Alliance side.

The poll results have not be surprising

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The poll results have not be surprising
    Unsurprising indeed, but I'm sure that the usual white k... I mean usual suspects will mumble something about (supposed) silent majorities and what not, as they do every time they find themselves in the actual minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The one thing I really disliked, and the cause for a wowbreak of a few months, was the whole genocidal banshee and the apologists thing. Either make that clan of animals the dedicated bad guys of wow or stop perverting their leadership with cartoonish evils for flimsy story purposes. never thought I'd say this, but I actually miss the Mary Sue Green Jesus days of storytelling.

Mechanically I have no big problems with the expansion, and I really liked 8.2's implementation and 8.3's atmosphere.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I liked the Zandalar storyline, Azerite abilities are kind of interesting, but they're more like passive Talents to me. Raids are ok, Dazar'alor was great except the fact that Rastakhan had to die in it (he was pretty much alive for a patch and a half). Burning of Teldrassil sucked and the story started getting worse from there on. On a positive note, the art/music are good, and the story re-introduced interesting characters like Bwonsamdi.

It's a 3.5/10 for me I guess ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
    Oo my, I completely agree.. I have been waiting for Rastakahn to show up for a looong time.. I was thrilled when he did only to be replaced by hes boring daughter.

For me zandalari coolnes was 75% Rastakahn and 10% standing upright and 15% the golden piramides and the whole architecture.

I am still upset.. afther that I lost interest for the most part, I am glad Azshara didnt die.. but still.

It's not Cataclysm, but it's definitely not good. Brutalizes people who like to play alts.
    Working on my next ban.

With 8.2 onward and Azerite traits basically making the classes feel more complete at times, the game is way better than on release. Unsurprising, considering that's what the game was meant to have on release but apparently they didn't have time or the resources to have it out by 8.0. So, it's a mediocre expansion with 8.2 / 8.3 and a bad one with not too many redeeming qualities 8.0 / 8.1 - which is what I think everyone expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mediocre for me. No where near the worst but it left a lot to be desired.

Not as bad as WoD but I don't think I could put it above anything else. It's just fucking wild to me that they seem to be on this "every other expansion is bad" train since MoP. I actually liked Cataclysm despite it's issues and I LOVED MoP but my god. They can't get their shit straight since then.

Still say WOD is the worse expansion 1 major content patch, cut content, and the over focus on the garrison not to mention how that it self was stripped down

BFA has its issues dont get me wrong but it was alot better then WOD

But mythic isn't even out yet.

I'm curious to understand the point of view of the players who think that 1. WOD was the worst expansion and 2. Think that BFA is better than WOD.

What makes WOD so much worse than BFA? I barely played WOD, and I wish I barely played BFA, but I love the lore of Azshara and the Old Gods, so sadly I kept taking the bait.

It’s the expansion that finally got me to unsubscribe with no desire to resub. Hopefully shadowlands will get me excited again but so far, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by lukkoth View Post
    I'm curious to understand the point of view of the players who think that 1. WOD was the worst expansion and 2. Think that BFA is better than WOD.

What makes WOD so much worse than BFA? I barely played WOD, and I wish I barely played BFA, but I love the lore of Azshara and the Old Gods, so sadly I kept taking the bait.
    WoD had pretty much nothing to do besides the mission table and Raids, and for some people the mission table even circumvented the need for raids. Garrisons kept players almost completely isolated greatly damaging the MMO aspect of the game. WoD was the first time class abilities were pruned, setting a precedent that has continually dragged down the state of classes. First of two patches was just an in-game selfie camera. First expansion where flying had to be unlocked in the last patch (and that was only after a ton of backlash). The plot was contrived from the start and basically abandoned after BRF released.

I think the fact that you barely played WoD says enough about the state of it compared to BfA unless there were some extenuating circumstances that prohibited you from playing. At least BfA had something that kept you engaged. Even if it feels pointless now that engagement alone makes it better than WoD.

The only thing WoD did right was implement group finder, something LFR should have been in the first place and was already implemented as an addon for the later half of MoP anyway.
    Last edited by Khahirr; 2020-01-24 at 04:54 PM.

For me personally this is the first expansion where I did not raid a single thing.. other expansions I’ve always pushed for clearing mythic and even at one point pushing for best 3 day guild in the world.

However I put this expansion above both legion and WoD.
    Legion and wod was disastrous imo compare to bfa.. with that said, this expansion is mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    @lockybalboa @Mehrunes @unlockedz

You guys voted that this was the best expansion ever, Care to explain your reasoning ?
    already said i did it out of spite, the expansion isn't over until it's experienced.
    if this was made 2-3 months from now sure, but not when the patch just started.

I'm going with worst. World quest system wasnt fun (for me) in Legion and feels worse here. The mission table is so bare bones and requiring a full play through of the war campaign to get followers is a chore.

Raids are good and pvp is good as well but... gearing is not fun. I honestly really want tier sets back. I run in and whenever I get something that isnt titan forged with a socket it usually worse than old gear with a socket. I dont feel like I need to farm a raid for gear anymore which is sad.
    Lack of pvp vendors really make long term goals disappear. Also not being able to choose which gear I want from the vendor feels like they have taken a choice away from me.

Questing was as good and and much of the story telling was good and their delivery methid of the story was better than it's ever been but the story they delivered was often lackluster and inconsistent with many plot holes. I did rather enjoy Jainas story arc. It's probably my favorite since Arthas.

But the biggest problem is with classes. Most of the classes I've played feel like a pale shadow of the fun they once were. So if the classes aren't fun in the moment to moment gameplay it just makes the other content well unenjoyable no matter how good the content itself is
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.