15+ Year Old Account
    And 70% of the public, including 80% of Democrats and 73% of Republicans, said senators should “act as impartial jurors” during the trial.
    WTF did the other 30/20/27% of the public say, that the Senate should just close their ears, not listen to evidence, and vote for what was most likely going to get them reelected? I'm especially concerned about the 20% of Democrats. This is something we shouldn't, but do expect of conservatives.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    WTF did the other 30/20/27% of the public say, that the Senate should just close their ears, not listen to evidence, and vote for what was most likely going to get them reelected? I'm especially concerned about the 20% of Democrats. This is something we shouldn't, but do expect of conservatives.
    Some people just want to be subjects. They crave an authoritarian leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I'm thinking the 20% of Democrats was comprised mainly of those thinking there's no way to be impartial when it's this clear he's guilty as fuck.

Is Trump going to be questioned as part of these proceedings?

I feel like that would just, ruin him. He doesn't take well to it.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Of course not. The GOP will never allow Trump to take the stand as they consider it a "perjury trap" since the man can't keep himself from lying.
    its their own play that they pulled on clinton.

Of course not. The GOP will never allow Trump to take the stand as they consider it a "perjury trap" since the man can't keep himself from lying.
    Its Trump though, if the Dems just kept pushing the matter he'd eventually volunteer himself.

Clearly you haven’t been paying attention. He’ll only testify if he’s forced to, and nobody is going to force him to.
    I mean like, if they just tease him, he'll get mad and force the matter himself. Or do you mean the dems can force him but wont?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Is Trump going to be questioned as part of these proceedings?
    Team Trump have been yelling "Executive Privilege" and demanding aides refuse to testify. There's a zero or negative chance Trump himself testifies. Quite frankly, Trump on the stand is the GOP's second worst nightmare between "universal health care" and "China invents safe fusion battery".

Trump has claimed before that he wanted to testify in the Mueller trial, and then backed down at the last minute since he knows how much a lying shithead he is and will be pinned down on such falsehoods.

Schiff just killing it this whole trial.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Agreed. He's been excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean your line of reasoning has no basis in reality. They’ve been “teasing” him for months and he hasn’t come close to storming in and demanding the right to testify. His strategy is to lie about the process and evidence and it’s working well for him as he won’t be removed and his base is buying it.
    To be clear, Trump will bluster and demand his "day in court", and then refuse to show up when they offer him the opportunity, fight any attempt to subpoena him in the courts for years, all while protesting that the Dems are blocking him from testifying.

He's gonna lie, because nobody who supports him listens to the facts, they just get their marching orders from Orange Fuhrer and that's their "truth", no matter what. That's how we got into this mess, and anyone thinking impeachment would get us out of this has failed to recognize that Trump is a symptom of a much deeper problem, not the cause.

If American democracy were functional, a Trump presidency would not be possible. That we're three years into one says everything you need to know about how broken the USA's system really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adam Schiff through down the gauntlet, any Republican who covers up for Trump is a coward.

Let's see how many prove him right. I'm think he'll get a 99.9% return on investment.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Trump and the republicans should be worried about Lev Parnas's buddy Igor, he's been quiet which maybe because he cut a deal and Lev was left out to dry. After covering for Trump shit is going to keep coming out so who knows what song Igor is singing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Agreed. Fantastic work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not 100% accurate rundown of whats left:

24 hours of Trumps defense. Min of 2 hours. I really don't expect it to go much longer than that.
    16 hours of questions.
    4 hours review/debate over possible witnesses.

It could all be ever by Friday/Saturday next week, just in time for Trump's Superbowl ad.

The defense seems two one of two things, with everything being a derivative of either. 'You don't have any witnesses' even though the House does not have witnesses because the Senate refuses to vote on them AND the House still gave an excellent summary of witness testimonies. Congress does not have the authority to check to the President or much check him on an criminal act (except Congress 100% does have the authority to check the President nor does it have to be on a criminal offense...which would be dumb because the DOJ established that you bring criminal charges against the President).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Not 100% accurate rundown of whats left:

24 hours of Trumps defense. Min of 2 hours. I really don't expect it to go much longer than that.
    16 hours of questions.
    4 hours review/debate over possible witnesses.

It could all be ever by Friday/Saturday next week, just in time for Trump's Superbowl ad.

The defense seems two one of two things, with everything being a derivative of either. 'You don't have any witnesses' even though the House does not have witnesses because the Senate refuses to vote on them AND the House still gave an excellent summary of witness testimonies. Congress does not have the authority to check to the President or much check him on an criminal act (except Congress 100% does have the authority to check the President nor does it have to be on a criminal offense...which would be dumb because the DOJ established that you bring criminal charges against the President).
    After this, Trump will be as innocent and exonerated as OJ Simpson and Roman Polanski. I will make it a point of referring to him as such to my friends at times when they try to bring it up.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    After this, Trump will be as innocent and exonerated as OJ Simpson and Roman Polanski. I will make it a point of referring to him as such to my friends at times when they try to bring it up.
    OJ Trump, it fits as well since he’s orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Interesting; Lindsey Graham will oppose subpoena of Hunter Biden

If Republican colleagues introduce a motion to subpoena former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, Graham said “I vote against it.”

Graham’s opposition essentially kills the threat that Republicans have wielded in recent weeks that if Democrats win a motion to hear from additional witnesses such as former national security adviser John Bolton and acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, they will retaliate by subpoenaing the Bidens.

-----------------

Perhaps he didn't like hearing Trump warning him and his fellow senators; Nancy Cordes has learned that a Trump confidante reportedly told Republican Senators that “a vote against the president and your head will be on a pike.
    These fuckers can't even bluff right. What do these people do again other than suck some small cheeto? I say let them get the Bidens, they'll get and find just as much as there is, nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I mean he did say tapes can be something that grips attention, but I do fully expect Dacien to come up with some other excuse. I do like how these tapes came out right when it's almost time for Trump's defense team to start pleading their case, it really should be an indication to Republicans that even if they try to brush this under the rug and block new evidence that new things will be released anyways.
    I'm sure we'll be seeing things released for years. Doesn't matter if Trump is removed or not, eventually the word will get out of the shit he did and some people will definitely be surprised (like his base) others will sit there and go "uh.....yeah....it's kind of fucking obvious."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Trump is now complaining about the time slot his lawyers have, as if this about TV ratings.
    It's always about ratings for Trump, remember when he was worried a hurricane would take attention off of him so he had to make sure to announce something?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866