Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

Such a crazy way to go for such an icon.

https://popculture.com/sports/2020/0...icopter-crash/
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

To this day I still say "Kobe" when shooting a paper ball in the garbage or an empty water bottle into the recycling and probably will until my end of days.

RIP

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    To this day I still say "Kobe" when shooting a paper ball in the garbage or an empty water bottle into the recycling and probably will until my end of days.

RIP
    I sucked at basketball, but I played in junior high. Sometimes I would play street ball with some high school kids,

After that Chappelle show skit, I would shout "Kobe!" at the end of every jump shot I took. Every. Single. One.

One day those same HS kids were at a junior high game that I got some playtime in to watch their brother. I took a side jumper and heard them shout "Kobe!" as it sunk it. Will never forget that.

FUck today man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad news....damn.

This really sucks. I mean, Kobe is obviously a retired player but he was an ambitious guy who still seemed like someone who could make a huge impact.

This is why I don't take unnecessary risks, even if they're deemed safe by normal conventions.

Not only that but his daughters are dead as well. Just goes to show you to appreciate people while they're here. DOn't hold grudges, love people while they're here. Rush love and struggle to show hate
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never been a basketball fan and grew up in the era of Michael Jordan with the Bulls. This news does sadden me because I still think Kobe was an amazing athlete and humanitarian. Hell I still remember Kobe's signing and him being the youngest player to sign & play for the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Not only that but his daughters are dead as well.
    Do you have a source for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Do you have a source for that?
    CNN is reporting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN is reporting it.
    Prolem being other sources, including the ever reliable in celebrity deaths TMZ, is reporting the opposite.

They're now just saying they confirm that the daughters weren't on the helicopter, thank God. Fuck the media for trying to make death even feel worse. This is absolutely devastating news

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: ABC news is still reporting the daughters WERE on board, but not his wife.
    ESPN is reporting rick fox was on board.
    We'll have to wait it seems until we get an actual confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Prolem being other sources, including the ever reliable in celebrity deaths TMZ, is reporting the opposite.
    I can't even find CNN reporting it. If they were, they took it down. They're reporting Kobe + 4 others. Seems like the daughter thing is speculation right now.

I'm not sure where they saw that his daughters were on. none of the cnn articles stated it, the only mention of his daughters that I saw was that he is survived by 4 of them, and that his wife wasn't with him.

5 people dead, presumably one of them is a pilot. no names of other victims have been released.

speaking of daughters, holy cow does it suck for them and his wife losing a loved one, a parent no less, so suddenly is... awful

I am curious who else was with him. I still haven't seen a tweet from LeBron yet since this news and it wouldn't be out of the question that he could had been celebrating with Kobe.

15+ Year Old Account
    CNN is reporting it.
    cnn is not reporting it...its been confirmed that his wife and kids are alive. Stop spreading lies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I am curious who else was with him. I still haven't seen a tweet from LeBron yet since this news and it wouldn't be out of the question that he could had been celebrating with Kobe.
    That absolutely would have been released if Lebron was on there. He's just as much a megastar as Kobe is. So...unlikely.

So much conflicting info about if his daughters were on board or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    it wasnt lebron, they would have immediately reported it...just like they did for kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    The only place ive seen or heard anything about his daughters is this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    along with rick fox and these MSM sites are beginning those sexual assault cases into this. sad. this is why i dont watch the news. they still will even make profit out of death